Syracuse HC Hunting | The Boneyard

Syracuse HC Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gave Shafer the boot.

Nice enough to let him coach rivalry game against BCU. This year it's known as the War For 4 Game.

First one to suggest Edsall to SU gets something.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Here's hoping they decide to bring back Paul Pasqualoni :cool:
Beat me to it. Put on the interview suit Paul...

highashell_PaulPasqualoni.jpg

Reaction Score
some schmuck on the csn board is trying to hint at the fact that cuse is going to hire diaco lol

Reaction Score
mdkhusky said:
some schmuck on the csn board is trying to hint at the fact that cuse is going to hire diaco lol

I don't think it is far fetched to see coach d leave for a p5 job. But one would think he would be very picky. Although one has to wonder if he would want Rutgers job (new jersey guy).

Reaction Score
I don't think it is far fetched to see coach d leave for a p5 job. But one would think he would be very picky. Although one has to wonder if he would want Rutgers job (new jersey guy).
If there is one thing that has been proven, it's that you can't win at Rutgers.

Interestingly, the one time they had a nice season, it was because a Pasqualoni recruit de-commited from Syracuse when P. was fired.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
If there is one thing that has been proven, it's that you can't win at Rutgers.

Interestingly, the one time they had a nice season, it was because a Pasqualoni recruit de-commited from Syracuse when P. was fired.

I agree, just thinking the allure of the job being that Coach D is a New Jersey guy could be tough to resist.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As much as I dislike a number of Syracuse fans, I'm not even sure I wish him and GDL on them. I'm not sure I wish GDL on ISIS.
I would. There aren't many I would wish that level of suffering on but ISIS qualifies, as does Hitler (and most high level members of the Nazi party; primarily Goebbels, Himmler, Goering & Mengele), Mussolini, Pol Pol and Bin Ladin.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't see this job being attractive to any coach whatsoever. First, they pay less than we do (and other AAC schools). Second, their recruiting territory is just as lousy as ours but they have to recruit for a P5 conference. Third, their facilities are awful and they can't raise the funding to build a new stadium. Lastly, they will be transitioning from an option offense so unless they hire an option style coach, it's at least a 2 year rebuild to transition out of that. Not many coaches are going to want to line up to finish in last place in the ACC and get paid marginally better than what they are paid now in a G5 conference when they know full well that it will take more than 2 years to get away from option football.

Probably the best case scenario for them is to try to re-hire Doug Marrone. They seemed to play fairly well under him. I don't know if he'll go back but hey, I never thought that Bobby Petrino would end back at Louisville.

Reaction Score

Rutgers does have some pluses (B1G, local recruiting); but, outside of their stadium, the rest of their facilities are below average and no one in their right mind would want to work for AD Hermann.

Reaction Score
I don't see this job being attractive to any coach whatsoever. First, they pay less than we do (and other AAC schools). Second, their recruiting territory is just as lousy as ours but they have to recruit for a P5 conference. Third, their facilities are awful and they can't raise the funding to build a new stadium. Lastly, they will be transitioning from an option offense so unless they hire an option style coach, it's at least a 2 year rebuild to transition out of that. Not many coaches are going to want to line up to finish in last place in the ACC and get paid marginally better than what they are paid now in a G5 conference when they know full well that it will take more than 2 years to get away from option football.

Probably the best case scenario for them is to try to re-hire Doug Marrone. They seemed to play fairly well under him. I don't know if he'll go back but hey, I never thought that Bobby Petrino would end back at Louisville.

Not a Syracuse fan; but, they did finally get a new football practice facility built up on the hill. It looks nice. Better than what they had before and better than what BC has - an inflatable dome over the field at Alumni Stadium.

http://www.cuse.com/facilities/ensley.aspx

Reaction Score
If you're successful coach in this conference, You'd have to really consider which P5 job you'd take. You really want to leave Houston, with so much local talent, and go coach at RU or UMD for similar money, and have to go against Michigan, OSU, Penn State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Wisconsin etc?

This schools in this league seem willing to pay more than other G5 schools. The exception appears to be Boise.

Most places paying 2 million and up are not going to tolerate 7 win seasons as the ceiling. See Edsall, Randy for proof.

I happen to think Edsall would be a good fit for them in the ACC. This will be an interesting hire. SU and RU have not shown they will pay what other P5 schools are paying for coaches. I'm positive Flood is making considerably less than Diaco.

Reaction Score

Don't forget about the "Cost of Living Bump" that all Syracuse Coaches enjoy over the AAC ........

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

umm...no.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately if we win 8-11 games the next two years there will be some big fishes swimming around our area. Looking to take our coach unfortunately. Also if you take out FSU and Clemson the AAC is just as good as the ACC if not better. But then again you can say that for most conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom