#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Nike deal boosts Boise State revenues

April, 18, 2012
Apr 18
3:00
PM ET
By Kristi Dosh | ESPN.com
Pending Idaho Board of Education approval, Boise State University has signed its first all-sports contract with Nike. Boise State has had three separate contracts with Nike that pay about $280,000 per year in cash and product, but that number will rise substantially under the new contract.

Boise State will receive $850,000 in product and equipment each of the first two years of the contract, $1 million in each of the next two years and $1.15 million in each of the last two years. Those amounts are set to increase by $75,000 each year following the Broncos’ move to the Big East. The contract is retroactive to 2011-12.

[+] Enlarge
ncf_u_petersen11_200.jpg

So whats our cash and contracts look like. I would imagine our bball must be a pretty good one and our baseball/soccer and good for those sports also. and our fball contract?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
So basically our deal stomps the out of Boise's. And it was signed 4 years ago.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
good find ctmike. i must have missed it when i did a search real quick. thats more than what i thought we would get but it makes sense. 2 bball powers and a bcs fball team compared to a new in the light bosie team right now with nothing bball wise to talk about really.

10 10 10 20's on your nikes ....

Reaction Score
I would do it for half that amount.

If we are one of the top Nike schools I am surprised there have not been any "alternate" jersey/helmets?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I would do it for half that amount.

If we are one of the top Nike schools I am surprised there have not been any "alternate" jersey/helmets?

agree they paid up becuase of bball and thats it. they have yet to do anything special with us fball wise. come our next contract tho i would think we can get more $$. when the contract was made we were still young in fball without a bcs bowl and other stuff and in bball we had 2 ships not 3 with another ff etc...high hopes i guess. also having a full nike contract is great but it hurts certain sports a bit who want different things that are more 1 sport focus. like in baseball i would bet the kids would want new era to do some uconn hats for the team h/a instead of the caps we rock now. i'm not saying change a logo or anything just a different brand which brings stuff to the table.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's the first concrete acknowledgement I've seen that the NNBE has some actual value.

So we got dat goin' for us.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
agree they paid up becuase of bball and thats it. they have yet to do anything special with us fball wise. come our next contract tho i would think we can get more $$. when the contract was made we were still young in fball without a bcs bowl and other stuff and in bball we had 2 ships not 3 with another ff etc...high hopes i guess. also having a full nike contract is great but it hurts certain sports a bit who want different things that are more 1 sport focus. like in baseball i would bet the kids would want new era to do some uconn hats for the team h/a instead of the caps we rock now. i'm not saying change a logo or anything just a different brand which brings stuff to the table.
Uconn has an exclusive deal with Nike... Doesn't matter the sport, they are all sporting nike's... Make's it very difficult for anyone to get their foot in the door that way. So, unless you are going to provide footwear for all sports, it's hard to get a deal with the likes of Uconn, Nebraska, or PSU which is why you see Nike, Addidas (or Reebok), and now Under Armour with their expansion of the footwear.
And FWIW, both Calhoun and Blaney's kids both work at Converse which is owned by Nike (Calhoun is the CEO)...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Uconn has an exclusive deal with Nike... Doesn't matter the sport, they are all sporting nike's... Make's it very difficult for anyone to get their foot in the door that way. So, unless you are going to provide footwear for all sports, it's hard to get a deal with the likes of Uconn, Nebraska, or PSU which is why you see Nike, Addidas (or Reebok), and now Under Armour with their expansion of the footwear.
And FWIW, both Calhoun and Blaney's kids both work at Converse which is owned by Nike (Calhoun is the CEO)...

i know, i'm not arguing anything nike. that contract is great and i think it will be better next time around. i was just saying that other schools have like 90% contracts with nikes and ua's and adidas so that they can get involved with other companies and spread the feed a bit and also alow there kids to get some speical pieces of clothing/gear that are best elsewhere.

i think nikes biggest deal right now is with alabama.

Reaction Score
i know, i'm not arguing anything nike. that contract is great and i think it will be better next time around. i was just saying that other schools have like 90% contracts with nikes and ua's and adidas so that they can get involved with other companies and spread the feed a bit and also alow there kids to get some speical pieces of clothing/gear that are best elsewhere.

i think nikes biggest deal right now is with alabama.
my point was that most schools go with one company... Uconn happens to be with Nike.
You won't see Nebraska licensed apparel with anything but the Addidas logo... Depends on the contract, but most schools with a sizable contract are exclusive. Or at least exclusive to specific competitors.
Not sure what Nike's biggest contract is collegiately, but more Nike money goes to Oregon than any other school, followed by Oregon State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom