SW Force Awakens - Review w/ spoilers (Don't read until after you see it) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SW Force Awakens - Review w/ spoilers (Don't read until after you see it)

Reaction Score
That's a fair way to look at it, and a lot of people agree with you in this sense. I respect that point of view. But Star Wars as a whole has evolved into much more than just a movie series in many other people's eyes, including mine. Like Harry Potter, like LOTR, it is its own universe with its own unique history that is long and captivating. The movies sometimes lack the specific detail and background information that some Star Wars fans crave, so books, comics, and side tv shows are a great way for them to gather some of that information. However, coming from someone who is just beginning to indulge in the "extra" Star Wars material, it does seem a bit overwhelming.

I agree with this. Also, I understand why Disney retconned the old Star Wars books, of which I never read. I don't blame them for not wanting to be confined to storyline that worked in literary form that may not translate to film.

Since we're getting at least five more feature length Star Wars movies then the books, the comics and even video games can augment the story instead of carrying on the torch of the franchise that the expanded universe did for so many years.

Reaction Score
Actually it is Canon. Sorry dude. They published books that are "accessories" to the new flicks. This the way of Disney/Marvel. That's they way things work now. It's multi-platform. The problem is the new books are bad, I don't do YA fiction.

BTW, the new Darth Vader comic series set in between Episode 4-5 is awesome. Basically Darth is in the dog house with the Emperor and he has a couple of sociopathic droids that "Assist" him. It's good stuff.

Disney isn't the Pope of my Fandom and can't tell me jack. I interpret the word for myself, like a good protestant.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's a fair way to look at it, and a lot of people agree with you in this sense. I respect that point of view. But Star Wars as a whole has evolved into much more than just a movie series in many other people's eyes, including mine. Like Harry Potter, like LOTR, it is its own universe with its own unique history that is long and captivating. The movies sometimes lack the specific detail and background information that some Star Wars fans crave, so books, comics, and side tv shows are a great way for them to gather some of that information. However, coming from someone who is just beginning to indulge in the "extra" Star Wars material, it does seem a bit overwhelming.

I'm more or less with on this. It's a movie series. The books are just random crap thrown together, at least they were at the start. Only the movies count. They can draw from the books if they want, or reject it, it's all fine. But I don't accept that the movies are constrained by the books. I think Disney knows this, hence Rogue One. They need more backstory on screen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom