Superb detailed analysis re Big 12 expansion and UCONN | The Boneyard

Superb detailed analysis re Big 12 expansion and UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Google SB Nation, Big 12 Expansion. Fascinating to this reader...great metrics.....and some surprising conclusions re our Huskies. Will be very interested in your takes on this.

Reaction Score
Why was cincy men's BB ranked higher than Uconn men? Uconn men has 4 NC to Cincinnati's how many?

Scratching my head on this one.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
They way the metrics are defined is a little tortured. For example, I'm not sure that endowment size is a what they meant by athletics.

Are you sure this isn't an excerpt from the Peyton Manning harassment complaint while he was at Tennessee?:eek:

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Why was cincy men's BB ranked higher than Uconn men? Uconn men has 4 NC to Cincinnati's how many?

Because they use: "the teams' average Ken Pomeroy rankings over the past three seasons:"

(Cincy has two titles although they're not recent -- '61 and '62.)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I base this on very little evidence (at least I admit it), but I think when the deed is done, it won't be about metrics. It will be a decision via "the gut" and whatever bizarre and petty concerns the current member schools possess.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Cincy had UConn's number on the basketball court in recent years... (without looking up the numbers)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I base this on very little evidence (at least I admit it), but I think when the deed is done, it won't be about metrics. It will be a decision via "the gut" and whatever bizarre and petty concerns the current member schools possess.

The criteria are so nebulous as to grant the B12 phoobahs license to select as many and which new members as they wish. Then justify their decision(s) with clear consciences and straight faces. (Hands behind their backs so nobody can see all those fingers crossed.);)

Reaction Score
I agree. There are a lot of people that think they are experts on realignment trying to predict who's getting in, but every round of realignment seems to have different priorities and qualifications that keep us out of the game. I've come to the conclusion that they pick whatever school they want and then make up the reasons/process that "led" them to that decision.

Reaction Score
Can relate readily to virtually e.t. said here thus far. At same time , I seem to have come away from that article's analysis with MUCH more enthusiasm for our chances that the rest of you - ?? (I'm assuming, in saying that, that The Twelve will add four teams. Also want to say, though, that I am NOT in the group that can't wait to ditch our current conference, although i certainly see the potential benefits. Am just not one to "jump ship.")

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The criteria are so nebulous as to grant the B12 phoobahs license to select as many and which new members as they wish. Then justify their decision(s) with clear consciences and straight faces. (Hands behind their backs so nobody can see all those fingers crossed.);)

How dare they have the right to choose who they want! Who do they think they are? Oh, they are the "deciders," to use a George Bush word.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
OK, I looked it up. Over the last three seasons, counting both regular and post season games,
UConn's record against Cinci is 5 wins 4 losses.

Not sure if that constitutes having Cincinnati's number.
I wonder if the games were at home/away or tourney games... Cincy always gave UConn fits, or UConn had nice leads and let them come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom