Sun Streak Ends vs Indy | The Boneyard

Sun Streak Ends vs Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Still trying to process this one. Sun went down by 20-ish but made a furious come back in the 4th Q. Then on a Bentley made 3 pointer Kelsey Bone did something I did not see and got ejected for a flagrant 2. She was playing great at that point and it took the heart out of the comeback. Time to go to the replay and see what the heck happened. Bad loss 'cause next up is the Sky and that will be a very tough one to win. This was onew they needed to keep the momentum going and they could have (would have, should have) done it.

[sigh]

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she must be whispering something to these guys that piss them off... lets see if she does it to Griner :oops:

psconn

Reaction Score
Natalie Achonwa stated that the officials ruled the contact to be "intentional". Not so. They decided it was "unnecessary and excessive". Looks like this costs Kelsey $400. More than that, she was going to be lauded as the player most responsible for the great comeback win and would have had the attention of the whole league as a truly exceptional center... now just a tough loss, a possible suspension, and "dirty player" references. Sad.

b. If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpreted to be unnecessary and excessive, a flagrant foul—penalty 2 will be assessed.

John A...
http://www.courant.com/sports/basketball/hc-connecticut-sun-indiana-0701-20150630-story.html

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she would only be called a dirty player if we continue to post (media as well) that she's a dirty player... do Stef or Tina doesn't have that label attached to them?

Reaction Score
I suppose like all good things it had to come to an end. I'm just not happy with the way it went down.

Reaction Score
While I'm not happy with the loss, there was much to feel good about. In previous years, the Sun would have phoned in the 4th quarter after getting down by 20+. This team has shown us multiple times this season that they're not going to quit. That, more than wins, gives me hope for a re-emergence of the Sun as a team to be reckoned with.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope Bone got her money's worth with the blow...... now she has to sit out a game :( Welp... time for EW to step up and earn some of her paycheck

psconn

Reaction Score
I hope Bone got her money's worth with the blow. now she has to sit out a game :( Welp... time for EW to step up and earn some of her paycheck

Busy day. Hadn't read about the suspension. Huge bummer, but it is not surprising and it was not, to say the least, a smart play. Hope she learns from it. The only thing between Kelsey and elite level play is between her ears. In the 4th quarter she was being the beast that I knew she could be... the Sun had the momentum to win that game and I honestly felt they would... then BAM. Massive shift in momentum and game psychology.

The schedule between now and the All Star break is fierce. Much harder that the last 9 games. Chicago (Boneless), @Chicago, Minny, @NY, Indy, @Washington, @Minny... brutal. I will consider it a huge positive to come away 3-4 over that stretch. :( C'mon Sun prove me wrong again, please!!

Reaction Score
If Bone has to miss a game, Chicago is not a bad opponent to miss in terms of matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom