Suggestions on stuff to do in Boston | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Suggestions on stuff to do in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Piss on every inch of the BC campus
He said he's going to Boston. BC isn't even in the city limits, it's inside a pretentious gated facade of luxury and prestige located in Chestnut Hill. If you don't write "Boston" on your envelopes, then you're not in Boston!

Reaction Score
Was just there this weekend. Despite having lived in Plymouth for 8 years, never did the duck boat tour until this weekend. I second that. Definitely enjoyable for 90 minutes or so.

We hit a few memorable places to eat - Prezza in the North End, Stoked Pizza in Brookline, Flour Bakery and Mike's City Diner in Back Bay. All excellent and highly recommended. Prezza is off one of the side streets off Hanover. Not sure about the whole "sit down" for a cannoli idea. Both Mikes and Modern Pastry were packed with lines down the block on Sunday night at 8. Maybe you could get in there during the week, but if you're going on the weekend, that seems like more trouble than it's worth.

We caught Dead and Company at Fenway and I know there are an additional 20K people there for a concert and probably a ton more that just hung around outside that didn't have tickets, but good lord, that was a mob scene trying to get out of there. If it's like that for a Baseball game, I wouldn't go within a mile of the place.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You Duck Boat people are always in my !@#$ing way when I'm trying to get around downtown. Hate those things.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We hit a few memorable places to eat - Prezza in the North End, Stoked Pizza in Brookline, Flour Bakery and Mike's City Diner in Back Bay. All excellent and highly recommended. Prezza is off one of the side streets off Hanover. Not sure about the whole "sit down" for a cannoli idea. Both Mikes and Modern Pastry were packed with lines down the block on Sunday night at 8. Maybe you could get in there during the week, but if you're going on the weekend, that seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Modern also has a much larger seating area downstairs that you can't see from the street.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Was just there this weekend. Despite having lived in Plymouth for 8 years, never did the duck boat tour until this weekend. I second that. Definitely enjoyable for 90 minutes or so.

We caught Dead and Company at Fenway and I know there are an additional 20K people there for a concert and probably a ton more that just hung around outside that didn't have tickets, but good lord, that was a mob scene trying to get out of there. If it's like that for a Baseball game, I wouldn't go within a mile of the place.
Mike's City Diner is decent food albeit a little overpriced. I live on that block though so you were likely within a few meters of Boneyard legend BUHusky10.

Reaction Score
Mike's City Diner is decent food albeit a little overpriced. I live on that block though so you were likely within a few meters of Boneyard legend BUHusky10.
Yeah, perhaps for a Diner, but it was excellent. We have Diners even here in Oswego, NY, but they don't make food near as good as that.

Reaction Score
Not sure about the whole "sit down" for a cannoli idea. Both Mikes and Modern Pastry were packed with lines down the block on Sunday night at 8. Maybe you could get in there during the week, but if you're going on the weekend, that seems like more trouble than it's worth.

The length of those lines should tell you how good they are. After all, what is 20 minutes in the quest for the great cannoli.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, grabbing a meal and a few beers at Redbones and then catching a session and a few Guinness at The Burren is a great night imo.

They are in Somerville, right off Davis Square.
Dude this was my Saturday night when I lived there

Reaction Score

Say what? I live on Worcester Sq so what's up neighbor?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Surprised to see so much discussion of Davis Square. I also live in near Tufts.

Parking near Davis Square is like finding a purple polka dotted Gorilla in the arctic. Too bad they closed Johnny D's.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
As for stuff you may not have done, I like going to Castle Island. Not everyone knows about it. Little bit of history, on the water, lots of boats.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Here's what my school has done over the years.

Science Museum - two hours, tops. Three if you do an Omni.

Aquarium - less than two hours, but still a very nice trip.

Duck Tour - can't remember, but I think it's between one and two hours.

There's a walking tour of Boston also, but I can't remember the time needed.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I just remembered the USS Constitution. If you haven't done that, I think it's really worth a visit.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Say what? I live on Worcester Sq so what's up neighbor?
Wow, so you're less than 2 blocks away. It's crazy that there's a chance we have crossed paths being that close and never knew it. We should catch some games when the season starts. I'm on the corner of Mass Ave and Harrison.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan I would... never mind, I'm keepin' it clean, keepin' it clean.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan I would... never mind, I'm keepin' it clean, keepin' it clean.
Keeping it clean? Have you ever seen the streets of NYC?

Reaction Score
Wow, so you're less than 2 blocks away. It's crazy that there's a chance we have crossed paths being that close and never knew it. We should catch some games when the season starts. I'm on the corner of Mass Ave and Harrison.

Seriously, blows my mind there's a 'yarder that close, absolutely down for meeting up when the season starts and seeing if we don't hate each other. Our area is not very good for going out to watch a game on TV, is there any local haunt that you've spread the UConn word to yet? I've made the long walk to Champions for games on obscure networks in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom