Stupid Poll - Vote Anyway | The Boneyard

Stupid Poll - Vote Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it ends up being BYU & Cincy in May (or whenever) I fear I will not recover.

Please just "Be the right club today".....
hs.jpg

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lol at the BYU fan woman who snidely told me UConn isn't the best all sports add they could make, then asked me if I "do realize that.... Right?"

Like... Seriously? In BYUs total athletic history they have won 10 national titles. The most recent coming in 2004. We have won over half as many in the past five years alone and our women's basketball team alone has the same number of titles as all of their teams combined, ever. She does realize that, "right?"

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Lol BYU fans telling us realignment is about football AND basketball and implying that that would make them a better candidate is great comedy. Fine, make it just about those sports. Throw out all other sports. We still out-title you by a 14:1 ratio. Yes, you're a better choice with your one national title in both sports combined. Now run along.

Has this person been under a rock since the 1990?

Reaction Score
Stupid poll but do it anyway and don't vote for UConn and Cincy or UConn and BYU. Go with Uconn and USF/UCF so UConn can catch up.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Stupid poll but do it anyway and don't vote for UConn and Cincy or UConn and BYU. Go with Uconn and USF/UCF so UConn can catch up.

That's what I did. UConn and USF

MattMang23

Reaction Score
BYU has one thing going for them: the LDS church, which is national. But if the pull of being LDS-affiliated meant that much you'd think they would have been in the PAC years ago.

Reaction Score
I voted.

I think the Big XII has to add BYU if they can. From a marketing stand point I think UConn and BYU have the most to offer. However, if BYU is one of the adds then I think the Big XII should add 4 schools. BYU, UConn, Cincy and one of the Florida schools.

If BYU is not available then it should be UConn and Cincy.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
When arguing with BYU supporters online about CR, keep in mind that the person on the other side of the screen might be wearing magic underwear.

ab_mormonundies.jpg

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
BYU has one thing going for them: the LDS church, which is national. But if the pull of being LDS-affiliated meant that much you'd think they would have been in the PAC years ago.

The LDS gets you 1 market... SLC... that's it. Just because they have a lot of people spread out all over the country doesn't mean that they deliver you any real ratings... or more importantly deliver you markets. NYC isn't suddenly going to put the B12 network on tier 1 cable because they make up 0.25% of the population.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
The LDS gets you 1 market... SLC... that's it. Just because they have a lot of people spread out all over the country doesn't mean that they deliver you any real ratings... or more importantly deliver you markets. NYC isn't suddenly going to put the B12 network on tier 1 cable because they make up 0.25% of the population.

Right, they may be spread so thin over the country that they don't actually capture any individual market other than SLC. But adding all of those people together might produce a solid rating if they're playing on a channel everyone gets.

Reaction Score
Love the phrasing "try to lure." Yeah Big 12 what do YOU offer US?"

Reaction Score
  • For one I'm surprised Houston isn't on the list
  • UConn is just too far away. Nobody is going to away games and nobody from the Big12 is traveling to the bustling resort city of East Hartford. I just don't see the caravan of Texas Tech RV's rolling up I-91 ever.
  • The Florida schools make more sense geographically & market share wise but then again they did invite WVU. I know any port in the storm and WVU jumped ship(BE) as soon as it could so good for them but what did the Big12 gain by adding the Mountaineers? The Morgantown TV market? Half the state is unemployed coal miners.
Let's face it folks the best bet for the near future is that the AAC continues to improve so that there is leverage when the new TV contract is negotiated or, the ACC gets poached again. I believe UConn has a very good shot at being next man in there. If UConn gets ostracized the next time around give up on the ACC. They just have a thing against UConn.

Reaction Score
  • For one I'm surprised Houston isn't on the list
  • UConn is just too far away. Nobody is going to away games and nobody from the Big12 is traveling to the bustling resort city of East Hartford. I just don't see the caravan of Texas Tech RV's rolling up I-91 ever.
  • The Florida schools make more sense geographically & market share wise but then again they did invite WVU. I know any port in the storm and WVU jumped ship(BE) as soon as it could so good for them but what did the Big12 gain by adding the Mountaineers? The Morgantown TV market? Half the state is unemployed coal miners.
Let's face it folks the best bet for the near future is that the AAC continues to improve so that there is leverage when the new TV contract is negotiated or, the ACC gets poached again. I believe UConn has a very good shot at being next man in there. If UConn gets ostracized the next time around give up on the ACC. They just have a thing against UConn.
So what you're saying is that if the B-12 invites UConn to join that they should say thanks but we will wait for an invite from the ACC or B1G?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn is just too far away. Nobody is going to away games and nobody from the Big12 is traveling to the bustling resort city of East Hartford. I just don't see the caravan of Texas Tech RV's rolling up I-91 ever.

Yet there was a caravan of RV's from Georgia Tech rolling up to Memorial Stadium when they played there.

Reaction Score
So what you're saying is that if the B-12 invites UConn to join that they should say thanks but we will wait for an invite from the ACC or B1G?
I seriously doubt the Big12 wants a New England school that hasn't had a winning season in six years that's what I'm saying. And by the time UConn gains national credibility in football the ACC or B1G will grab them anyways. If the time comes when they do feel UConn would be a good fit for them then the school has a decision to make. I just don't see that invite coming is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom