Student Season Tickets Sold Out | The Boneyard

Student Season Tickets Sold Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Happened to check the ticket page on Uconnhuskies this morning and it said student season tickets sold out as of 7:45AM this morning. Interstingly it also says that they will release single tickets at $10 on the day of the game. Perhaps a last ditch effort to get some more students in the stadium? Or will they do it weekly to allow some that were shut out to get tickets as the season goes on?

Past few seasons they've sold out over the summer but at least it seems like interest is increasing as the season nears

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It took longer this year because fball had a tough last year and soccer is #1. Glad the student sold out minutes before classes started.

Reaction Score
I agree. Start spreading out unused tickets to students.

Reaction Score
I don't think student tickets should ever sell out until the place is full. So if students bought up their original allotment....give them another section! What is the benefit of the limit?

A public ticket buyer is approximately 3x more valueable than a student ticket buyer on game day. It's that simple man. Benjamins.

Reaction Score
A public ticket buyer is approximately 3x more valueable than a student ticket buyer on game day. It's that simple man. Benjamins.

Sure, but if you're going to practically give away tickets for single games like they are now....why not let a few more students purchase season tix? They are the future of the fanbase. Cultivate them now.

Reaction Score

I don't think it's that simple...public ticket buyers have to be willing to buy and when they are not it's better to have butts in seats. LET THE STUDENTS IN!

@Jimmy Serrano also helps make the point with the future value. Want to talk benjamins? What's a 20 year old kid worth if they become a ticket holder for life?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im ok with the limit right now as long as were selling the place out or close to it. but maybe a day before game day we should open up w/e is left to students. selling more is a good thing for the future. plus it puts active kids in other sections which makes the place louder and more into it.

Reaction Score
I didn't mean to suggest no limit. Just that if they are consistently selling out the allotment for students, give them another section or half section.

Most games see at least that much available real estate at The Rent.

Reaction Score
I also like the idea of selling more student tickets when we have lots of extras. I'd rather have a student fan than just about any other fan. I'd rather have a casual uconn fan over a general football fan. I'd rather have a general football fan over a visiting team fan. I know it's about cash for UCONN but sometimes it's better to earn a little less but build the base for the future. I think if the team starts to do very well and is exciting to watch we will have better turnouts. Do we know where the season ticket numbers ended up?

Reaction Score
I also like the idea of selling more student tickets when we have lots of extras. I'd rather have a student fan than just about any other fan. I'd rather have a casual uconn fan over a general football fan. I'd rather have a general football fan over a visiting team fan. I know it's about cash for UCONN but sometimes it's better to earn a little less but build the base for the future. I think if the team starts to do very well and is exciting to watch we will have better turnouts. Do we know where the season ticket numbers ended up?

Just to be clear, I'm 100% in support of the concept of discounted regular price seats sold at student prices to students on game days. That's how the vast majority of college football teams fillout their home stadia. The issue is an off campus facility. College students can't roll out of bed and go to Rentschler.

This isn't the time and place for pro/con of an off-campus facility. We've got a stadium in East Harford that's been there for just under a decade for UConn football, and we've been consistently at 95+% capacity.

I hope to see it 100% for thursday night. If students get it to 100% at a discount price for single game tickets, awesome.

You don't sell a ticket you can get for $30 for, for $10, if you can avoid it, and frankly, it's only within the last year, that I've seen a concerted effort to actually go out and sell those tickets.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
looks like the students got there tix today

Reaction Score
It would seem that if they're selling extra student tix day of game they're prob selling unsold tix outside the student section at the student price....but that's just a guess

Reaction Score
We should definitely sell all unsold tickets to students on game day. Give regular fans a chance to buy the tickets. If any is unsold, UCONN should put them up for sale one day before game day to students on campus. This way, people can't just buy them without student IDs.

Reaction Score
Rugby football does predate association football. Two rugby football clubs were the first teams to play association football (aka soccer) and they continued to play rugby afterwards and not soccer. The goal in ANY football before the creation of association football was the shape of field goal posts, it seems.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Putting this love for soccer in perspective.

this whole thread is about season tix for students for fball games. the only soccer mention was by me about how the students have multiple sports on there mind which will make tix selling a bit slower. then the thread went on about spreading student tix and then u cam in with this gem

"Rugby football does predate association football. Two rugby football clubs were the first teams to play association football (aka soccer) and they continued to play rugby afterwards and not soccer. The goal in ANY football before the creation of association football was the shape of field goal posts, it seems."

what am i missing or was that a completely random post?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
this whole thread is about season tix for students for fball games. the only soccer mention was by me about how the students have multiple sports on there mind which will make tix selling a bit slower. then the thread went on about spreading student tix and then u cam in with this gem

"Rugby football does predate association football. Two rugby football clubs were the first teams to play association football (aka soccer) and they continued to play rugby afterwards and not soccer. The goal in ANY football before the creation of association football was the shape of field goal posts, it seems."

what am i missing or was that a completely random post?

Is it like looking in the mirror?

butchy PM me your address and I'll mail u a ticket for UMass is the morning if you still need it.

Reaction Score
butchy PM me your address and I'll mail u a ticket for UMass is the morning if you still need it.
Thank you very much. Is it possible I can meet you before the game? I have to make sure I can make it.

Reaction Score
Rugby football does predate association football. Two rugby football clubs were the first teams to play association football (aka soccer) and they continued to play rugby afterwards and not soccer. The goal in ANY football before the creation of association football was the shape of field goal posts, it seems.

That is why Rugby purists get so irritated by the William Webb Ellis myth because Rugby Football started before Association Football. Ironic that the IRB decided to call their World Cup trophy the William Webb Ellis trophy. What a bunch of idiots.

Reaction Score
That is why Rugby purists get so irritated by the William Webb Ellis myth because Rugby Football started before Association Football. Ironic that the IRB decided to call their World Cup trophy the William Webb Ellis trophy. What a bunch of idiots.
That trophy name might just add to the "aura" of the game. The World Cup last year was a classic.

Reaction Score
I just bought a block of 25 tickets for tailgate I put together. Should be a rocking good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom