Strange things in the WNBA tonight | The Boneyard

Strange things in the WNBA tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just scratching the surface ...

Minnesota won (not strange), but Augustus, Brunson, Wright, and Peters all played. Six Lynx had double figures. Maya had "only" 12.

Washington held on to beat Tulsa, despite making only 1 FG in the 4th quarter. Mo Currie had no FGs, but was 16-18 on FTs. Skylar's opponent won the game at the FT line. Different.

Chicago beat Atlanta. Tiff tied for team high with 15 points and added 7 assists and 4 steals.

http://scores.espn.go.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=400539606

Reaction Score
Washington held on to beat Tulsa, despite making only 1 FG in the 4th quarter. Mo Currie had no FGs, but was 16-18 on FTs. Skylar's opponent won the game at the FT line. Different.

Diggins was 1-2 from the line and committed 5 fouls.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

Diggins was 1-2 from the line and committed 5 fouls.
While it's true that Diggins had 5 fouls, 2 of them were intentional fouls in the last 13 seconds of the game as Tulsa had to foul to prevent the Mystics from running out the clock. Not only did Skylar have only 2 FT attempts, but they were both technical fouls where Coach Williams elected to have Skylar shoot them for the Shock. She never drew a shooting foul.

Reaction Score
I was there rooting for the Shock cause i want to see Skylar in the playoffs.

I thought it was an awesome game! The Shock looked like they were going to get blown out for most of the game. The Mystics did everything they could to hand the Shock the game in the 4th quarter but the Shock tried to force the ball inside and Meeseman & crew made sure that didn't happen.

Skylar needs to take these close games over if they're within, say, 6 points. That's what Michael learned he had to do and she has to follow suit.

Can't wait to see Shoni & Co. on Sunday!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Just scratching the surface ...

Minnesota won (not strange), but Augustus, Brunson, Wright, and Peters all played. Six Lynx had double figures. Maya had "only" 12.

Chicago beat Atlanta. Tiff tied for team high with 15 points and added 7 assists and 4 steals.

http://scores.espn.go.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=400539606

The fourth quarter was indeed crazy because no one could make a shot (Mystics) which made an otherwise in the bag game interesting to say the least. As the game got down to the wire, Tulsa was throwing up anything not nailed down, they hit a few but most bounced harmlessly away. I think that is where they lost the game.

I kinda feel for Sims....

Reaction Score
2night was pretty interesting.

Was it the fact that Coop wasn't coaching the Dream who are obviously miles above the Sky team talent-wise that took the court but still were able to get a win from the Dream on their court?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Really thought Tulsa would be better this year with the combination of Odyssey and Skylar. They have the worse record in the WNBA, when they should be in the running for the playoffs.

I suspect we will soon be reading/hearing that Anne Donovan has to go. Ct Sun started off reasonably well, but are 2-8 over the last 10 games. Don't see them getting any better.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
While it's true that Diggins had 5 fouls, 2 of them were intentional fouls in the last 13 seconds of the game as Tulsa had to foul to prevent the Mystics from running out the clock. Not only did Skylar have only 2 FT attempts, but they were both technical fouls where Coach Williams elected to have Skylar shoot them for the Shock. She never drew a shooting foul.
thanks for clearing that up... good job with providing facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg