Stokes is amazing! | The Boneyard

Stokes is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I have not seen this game yet, but I have seen to many times where she touched the ball first trying for a rebound and another kid came and took it from her. She's got muscles on top of muscles. No reason for anyone to take the ball from her. But I like to see good news about her. Can't wait to see the game.

P.S. I think she will develop into a really good passer. She already has good instincts on that front. Going to be key.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
geesh she just got swished on... a long 3 in her face :oops:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
if a person hit the ball right its coming out... almost dont matter who you are.
when you're thinking about the outlet pass those muscles loosen up

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great game by Kiah, great move on her lone basket, she made a couple of beautiful passes (and Stewart blew the assist by missing a gimme on one of them) solid rebounding and great blocks.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
OK, DC, let's do a variation on an oldie.;)

"All Horowitz could do is play the piano.""
All Ali could do was box!

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
the rebounds and blocks are out of this world, great hands!

(yeah yeah yeah we know she needs to score blah blah blah) I'll take what she's currently giving
I was seated right next to Kiah's friends and relatives (and there were quite a few of them). Her Dad (I think) was calm, cool and collected but the rest were really vocal about getting the ball to her in the paint. They were frustrated that she wasn't getting touches.

To me, it looked like she was either too early or too late showing her numbers to the guards so they could get her the ball. Cincy was extremely physical inside too, but she needs to come open as the ball rotates, not before or after.

Defensively, she is a beast.

Kelly's family was there today along with a woman who looked very much like KML. Coulda been her Mom, but I'm not sure.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I was seated right next to Kiah's friends and relatives (and there were quite a few of them). Her Dad (I think) was calm, cool and collected but the rest were really vocal about getting the ball to her in the paint. They were frustrated that she wasn't getting touches.

To me, it looked like she was either too early or too late showing her numbers to the guards so they could get her the ball. Cincy was extremely physical inside too, but she needs to come open as the ball rotates, not before or after.

Defensively, she is a beast.

Kelly's family was there today along with a woman who looked very much like KML. Coulda been her Mom, but I'm not sure.
One of the problems Uconn guards have had for a few years is the timing of ball rotations and their looks inside. It is easier and faster for the ball to rotate than for a post to establish position on one side or the other - so I tend to put more of the blame on the perimeter. And it doesn't just happen with Kiah, but with Stewart, Dolson, and Kaleena. There were not a lot of good entry passes made today to anyone - Kiah got one, Stewart got one and Dolson got one as I remember from guards - there were other passes in but to well defended players who had to just pitch it out again and there were a few missed passes. Part of that was Cinci's defense and the bumping and holding going on, but there were a number of missed open players.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bingo, ucMiami. For just once I would like to see Kara or one of the announcers acknowledge the importance of timing and being in sync for the entry pass as the issue instead of just saying they need to go inside to Stef in the post more. Easier said than done, especially, under the conditions Cincinnati was presenting physically today.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
geesh she just got swished on... a long 3 in her face :oops:

Which is tough to hold Kiah too responsible for, as it is likely that either 1) she was giving help defense on a perimeter shooter, or 2) the opposing post player was taking a long-range shot. Basically, if our post is defending a trey, it's probably not "option A" in our defensive scheme, and maybe not in the opponents' offensive scheme, either. Not something that's apt to be a chronic defensive weakness, just something that the other team kinda fell into.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I have not seen this game yet, but I have seen to many times where she touched the ball first trying for a rebound and another kid came and took it from her. She's got muscles on top of muscles. No reason for anyone to take the ball from her. But I like to see good news about her. Can't wait to see the game.

P.S. I think she will develop into a really good passer. She already has good instincts on that front. Going to be key.
Kiah's last game was not up to her standards-.she came down w many rebounds that she ended up losing. Her body language quickly reflected that as well!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Which is tough to hold Kiah too responsible for, as it is likely that either 1) she was giving help defense on a perimeter shooter, or 2) the opposing post player was taking a long-range shot. Basically, if our post is defending a trey, it's probably not "option A" in our defensive scheme, and maybe not in the opponents' offensive scheme, either. Not something that's apt to be a chronic defensive weakness, just something that the other team kinda fell into.
lot of rotating and switching was going on

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Kiah's last game was not up to her standards-.she came down w many rebounds that she ended up losing. Her body language quickly reflected that as well!
what did you notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01