Still a chance for Jamar Summers to arrive in 2013? | The Boneyard

Still a chance for Jamar Summers to arrive in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/05/still-chance-for-jamar-summers-to.html

>>Well, I spoke with Orange HS coach Randy Daniel earlier today to see if I could get an update. He said that Summers has taken care of business in the classroom and the only thing standing between him and being a part of UConn's incoming freshman class is an SAT score to UConn's liking.

I asked Daniel if Summers was close to getting to SAT score he needed and he said he was and that the rest "was up to UConn.

"He's been working hard and doing the work. He in taking care of his part."

The next opportunity for Summers to take his SAT is June 1.

Daniel said that obviously Summers wants to head to UConn but if the Huskies decide that he would benefit from heading to prep school then he would enroll at Milford Academy.<<

Other info in article about Tommy Meyer and Josh Mariner track seasons.

Reaction Score
Medic, do you if he's met the ncaa SAT minimum/gpa, but UConn wants a still higher SAT?

From his tweets earlier, he was taking AP calculus. I thought UConn was being more sensible nowadays...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like that Marriner is good at the long jump.

You need to accelerate and explode at lift off to be good at the long jump. That's a good head start for RB's for getting through traffic and breaking free in to the secondary.

Reaction Score
Medic, do you if he's met the ncaa SAT minimum/gpa, but UConn wants a still higher SAT?

From his tweets earlier, he was taking AP calculus. I thought UConn was being more sensible nowadays...

I don't know anymore than what Fuller's reported... what I do know unrelated to Summers (as a dad w/ a HS junior) is there can be a big gap btwn what a student gets on the SATs and what others deem to their liking (including parents ;) ). Hard to tell without knowing what his previous SAT scores were with what UConn is looking for. I would imagine they are looking for improvement test over test.

Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/05/good-news-for-uconn-recruit-jamar.html

>>Good news for UConn recruit Jamar Summers

The last obstacle standing between Jamar Summers being a part of UConn's incoming freshman class was an improved SAT score.

Well, yesterday I confirmed with Summers' high school coach that he got the necessary SAT score. Orange (N.J.) High coach Randy Daniel said that the talented defensive back/receiver who projects to play cornerback at the next level "has qualified."

Summers has received congratulation posts on his Twitter account but he replied by tweeting "I appreciate all the love from everyone but the ink isnt on the paper yet. Its not official yet #HumblePie"
UConn still has to get the test results and make sure everything is set before he becomes an official part of the program. Since he never signed a letter of intent, UConn coaches are prohibited from commenting on Summers but it is looking more and more likely as if he will be able to enroll at UConn during the fall semester.

Summers was a two-way star at Orange and is currently competing with the track team. He has Orange's season bests in the 100 (11.17 seconds), 200 (22.87), 400 (51.1) and discus (126-1).

Hopefully I will have something more concrete to report on this matter as early as next week<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom