Stewie The Pigeon Toed Gamer | The Boneyard

Stewie The Pigeon Toed Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's summer, got in a 2 1/2 hour hike before 10 and it's 96 here, so I'm watching the replay from last night of the NC game and actually took the time to review Stewie's famous/infamous ankle roll around the 7 minutes to go in the first half. Stewie is pigeon toed, so even running straight if she gets out of balance she could be prone to ankle turns. Doris said she thought Stewie was trying to initiate a cross over to the right when she rolled it. Slowing it down in HD slow motion shows that it was a pretty severe roll. Some people are loose ligamented/tendoned and I suspect Stewie is one of those, because the degree of rollover was pretty acute and among us mere mortals a re-tape would not get it done.

Now I know that Stewie gave us a Steph tuff-it-out Championship performance (for Steph it was both legs of course). Mo was terrific, but for what Stewie did, through the pain, yeah - she earned the MVP (yeah, it's called something else these days) Final 4 Award.

Reaction Score
The next day at Storrs, you could see Stewie was wearing a boot instead of a shoe. I suspect her ankle was hurt worse than they let on.
i-MtTcRkX-M.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A lot of athletes are somewhat pigeon-toed as it is actually a more effective use of the whole foot - relieving stress on the big toe and distributing the pressure onto all five toes. Not sure what it does to the alignment of the leg or the stresses on the joints including the ankle.

Agree that she was a warrior - amazing what adrenaline can do and the power of the mind to block pain.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A lot of athletes are somewhat pigeon-toed as it is actually a more effective use of the whole foot - relieving stress on the big toe and distributing the pressure onto all five toes. Not sure what it does to the alignment of the leg or the stresses on the joints including the ankle.

Agree that she was a warrior - amazing what adrenaline can do and the power of the mind to block pain.

The best sprinters tend to be somewhat pigeon toed and I suspect the correlation is what you mention - greater thrust distribution = more zoom!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
yeah - she earned the MVP (yeah, it's called something else these days) Final 4 Award.

It's called the MOP. Most believe it stands for "Most Outstanding Player", but of course it's about who MOPS up the competition. Stewie mops up the comp as well or better than anyone. In fact, just call her "The Mop"...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's called the MOP. Most believe it stands for "Most Outstanding Player", but of course it's about who MOPS up the competition. Stewie mops up the comp as well or better than anyone. In fact, just call her "The Mop"...
She just waxes the other guys.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she does stay on the floor... I like "The Mop"

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The next day at Storrs, you could see Stewie was wearing a boot instead of a shoe. I suspect her ankle was hurt worse than they let on.
View attachment 9888
Thanks for posting this picture. I did not realize that Stewie's injury was so severe-requiring a boot. Hoophuskee and I had a debate as to the impact of the injury on Stewie during the NC game. This picture convinces me I was on the wrong side of that debate.

Reaction Score
It's summer, got in a 2 1/2 hour hike before 10 and it's 96 here, so I'm watching the replay from last night of the NC game and actually took the time to review Stewie's famous/infamous ankle roll around the 7 minutes to go in the first half. Stewie is pigeon toed, so even running straight if she gets out of balance she could be prone to ankle turns. Doris said she thought Stewie was trying to initiate a cross over to the right when she rolled it. Slowing it down in HD slow motion shows that it was a pretty severe roll. Some people are loose ligamented/tendoned and I suspect Stewie is one of those, because the degree of rollover was pretty acute and among us mere mortals a re-tape would not get it done.

Now I know that Stewie gave us a Steph tuff-it-out Championship performance (for Steph it was both legs of course). Mo was terrific, but for what Stewie did, through the pain, yeah - she earned the MVP (yeah, it's called something else these days) Final 4 Award.

As one of those that rolled my ankles more times than I counted, thinking about this makes me so humble about what this kid did to bring home a championship to Storrs. We've had tough kids before ---doesn't she top them all??? Who sucked up the pain more???
This is one that FANs need to be reminded about. Thanks

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Jessica Moore finished out her last championship game with a torn ACL and finished with 14 points and 9 rebounds.

True, Ed, but while we all remember her heady play to get the ball out of there as she writhed in pain, no one knew she had an ACL tear when Rosemary cleared her to play and Jess said she was not in pain when she went back in.

Reaction Score
Shea Ralph was also pigeon toed and I always felt that physical attribute contributed to her many knee injuries. Stewie does not appear to have any problems with where her toes are pointing.

Reaction Score
As far as I am concerned Stewie has the most beautiful pigeon toes in the world, bar none!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom