Stewie playing like a Monster | The Boneyard

Stewie playing like a Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
She can do anything she wants and on the defensive side shes a monster. The blocks rebounds the way she handles herself is like no other ever in WCBB. Shes in a league of her own and the best most feared player in WCBB today. She is so athletic and mobile and runs the floor like a gazzele.

UConn is playing at the same level. Morgan Tuck is only a Soph. Name me a soph better then Morgan who doesn't play for UConn? This team continues to develop individually and as a team. They are scary good. I was thinkin. Is there a team that can come within 20 pts of them? I don't think so.

IMO this is the greatest team Geno has ever had. All the starters will be 1st team AAs before all is said and done. All will play professionally. The non starters are young and will develop and will most likely be AAs too.

WOW this team is so good.

Reaction Score
I whole-heartedly agree with what you said. This team is something special.

KML hitting those three's at an unbelievable clip, hitting 19 over the past four games. Her scoring has increased at the right time.
Kiah Stokes is having what Schuey would have called a "Block Party" She already has 125! She is leading the team in blocks and rebounds and she does not even start. Her minutes are limited yet she is leading in these two categories. I hope she can get the six she needs to surpass Rebecca's season high.

Stewie. What you said I echo. She has been unbelievable. Her length, her ability to get to the basket, her rebounding, scoring, and blocking. She is turning it up at the right time.
MoJeff.... Speedy Gonzalas... (might have spelled that wrong) but wow... can she move with the ball. She has some jets. Her scoring is way up. Her assist to turn over ratio is unbelievable. If I am not mistaken didn't she go like five or six games without a turnover in a row?

Morgan has been great. Especially down low. She reminds me of a Swin Cash type down around the low block... But she has a 3 point shot that makes me also think more of an Asjha Jones type of player. To be compared to either is a pretty remarkable. (or a larger Barbara Turner...)
Saniya has become a much better ball handler. She is able to make some shots for herself, and can defend. Overall she is looking much better than from the start of the year. I hope she continues to improve next season.

Kia as a freshman is starting, is averaging over 10 points per game and has plays leaving you ask, HOW DID SHE DO THAT? She reminds me a MoJeff combined with a little bit of Stewie. Her speed and abilities are just too much for people to handle at times. Nice three point shot, and the ability to get to the basket and score.....
Gabby... What high jumps, rebounding abilities and scoring! She is averaging close to 9 points per game as a freshman and there have been times when her minutes have been limited. If she can become consistent she will be a pretty remarkable player. I love when she takes the court because you can never know what she will do next ;)

Reaction Score
Last night Geno played so many different type defenses against a good team that will only make them better starting this weekend. Still, they make too make unforced errors for a great team

Reaction Score
Morgan's a junior. Just because she was hurt for part of last year doesn't mean the clock stops on her development physically or mentally. Time stands still for no one, UConn player or otherwise. All she gets is an extra year of NCAA eligibility, which I'm guessing she won't use anyway, and only requested it because it was a free option.

Reaction Score
Stewie really wants that third ring. You can see her upping her game in anticipation of the NCAA tournament.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Good practice last night against a world-class guard who burned them not a little.
Take note how she is better kept in check, next time (and possibly the time after that).

Reaction Score
Stewie really wants that third ring. You can see her upping her game in anticipation of the NCAA tournament.
Yeah she even said on the post-game interview that it's March and they are stepping things up. I guess it's safe to say: we have Stewie and you don't. If she can make 3s a little more regularly that will pretty much be the icing on the cake. Like DT said on the Geno Project, UConn will be tough to beat next year because Stewie will be elite.

Reaction Score
Last night Geno played so many different type defenses against a good team that will only make them better starting this weekend. Still, they make too make unforced errors for a great team
But so many fewer than ANY team out there!

Reaction Score
Loyd may have had to do more for her team throughout the year, but there is no doubt to who the best player in the country is!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with Tony. This team is not even clicking on all cylinders, and they are still blowing everyone away by 20+. Is the passing as good as in the past? No. Passing into the post suspect at times? Yes. But I'd stack up our core 5 starters against any team - past, present, or future, and I bet the outcome would be favorable.

1 more year of Stewie and Moriah
2 more years of Morgan and Saniya
3 more years of Natalie, Kia, Gabby and Courtney
4 years of KLS, Collier and Boykin
Dangerfield, Irwin, and Hunter waiting in the wings...

Just wow is right. But this thread was about this year. Who's the real #2 team in the country? SC? ND? Maryland? UCONN beat 2 out of them by 20 and made it look easy. Oh, and they beat ND with Moriah having possibly the worst game in her career. And no help from the bench by anyone not named Kiah Stokes. Yeah, I think those things easily offset Turner if we meet them again with both teams really at full strength.

Reaction Score
Who cares who is #2? Any/all of them lose to UConn. What number is next to their name when/if they play isn't going to change that.

Reaction Score
Who cares who is #2? Any/all of them lose to UConn. What number is next to their name when/if they play isn't going to change that.
You are correct, it is #1 UCONN and a collection of fodder to be laid to waste along the path to #10.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Morgan's a junior.
Nope, for basketball purposes, a Soph.

Just because she was hurt for part of last year doesn't mean the clock stops on her development physically or mentally.
Actually it does. Maybe not so much mentally, but definitely physically.

All she gets is an extra year of NCAA eligibility, which I'm guessing she won't use anyway, and only requested it because it was a free option.
Not sure why people think that? Have we ever had anyone give up their extra year of eligibility? (that could still play?)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Put any UConn position against every other team, and with the possible exception of Loyd, UConn is better than anyone else at their position, certainly among the challenging teams. Then there is the bench. We have at least three kids who would be starting and perhaps starring at many other programs. Stokes is a game changer, and it isn't necessarily all that noticeable- ok, it's pretty noticeable- because of the way we throttle teams. I think the worst thing to happen to the rest of women's hoops this year was our loss to Stanford. The kids discovered that without full steam, they can lose. There are a few other teams that have enough to beat us without that effort, but I have the feeling that these kids are thoroughbreds and the effort will be there all the time. WE have Stewie, KML, MT, MJ, KN, KS, SC, GW, and they don't. Oh, and that Italian guy and his crew.

Reaction Score
The icing on the cake is Stewie's turnaround bank that looks like Elvin Hayes. And yes, I know remembering E makes me old.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Not sure why people think that? Have we ever had anyone give up their extra year of eligibility? (that could still play?)
Only decent contributor I know of who got a redshirt and didn't use it was from the pre-Geno era, Kathleen Cermola. There of course have been some like Heidi Law who decided it wasn't worth it too buck the injuries or like Nicole Wolff were likely just physically unable to play anymore. Ashley Battle, Tonya Boone, Caroline Doty, Kalana Greene, Jessica Moore, and Shea Ralph are some who used the extra year. But maybe Morgan wants to be a new trend setter and buck the tradition, or maybe instead she'll be a record-setter and go for 5 NCs.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame and South Carolina will be the greatest challenges. Notre Dame because they have become used to our pace. Turner will be healthy and Westbeld is playing a more important role. South Carolina, if they start Coates and Wilson; otherwise, SC won't score enough to beat the Huskies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The icing on the cake is Stewie's turnaround bank that looks like Elvin Hayes. And yes, I know remembering E makes me old.
The Big S emulating the Big E. I remember that shot. Elvin was one of the all-time greats.

Reaction Score
Morgan's a junior. Just because she was hurt for part of last year doesn't mean the clock stops on her development physically or mentally. Time stands still for no one, UConn player or otherwise. All she gets is an extra year of NCAA eligibility, which I'm guessing she won't use anyway, and only requested it because it was a free option.
I am really confused here. Are you privy to information that the rest of us are not? She won't use it? I have not seen anything saying Morgan is leaving next season. Where did you find that?

Also because she was hurt for part of the year doesn't mean the clock stops on her development? You are correct... it actually can go backwards. She was unable to play, practice, work out at times. She had surgery and needed to time to heal. While she was ready to go at the start of the season, to say "her clock" did not stop last year..... I do not know if I could agree with that assessment. Morgan is a sophomore as far as basketball is concerned and is a junior academically.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Only decent contributor I know of who got a redshirt and didn't use it was from the pre-Geno era, Kathleen Cermola. There of course have been some like Heidi Law who decided it wasn't worth it too buck the injuries or like Nicole Wolff were likely just physically unable to play anymore. Ashley Battle, Tonya Boone, Caroline Doty, Kalana Greene, Jessica Moore, and Shea Ralph are some who used the extra year. But maybe Morgan wants to be a new trend setter and buck the tradition, or maybe instead she'll be a record-setter and go for 5 NCs.
I hope you guys are right about Morgan- I've got the feeling she will leave if I had to bet today. Something about her maturity level - but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
In the AAC and NCAA tourney....There isn't a team that can come within 20 pts of UConn unless Geno calls off the press, goes to a zone and basically calls off the dogs.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Does any player on UConn's opponents want to be on the night's highlight reel showing her being squashed like a bug with a two-handed Stewie stifle? That has got to be a big psychological hurdle for any guard entering the UConn paint in the weeks ahead.

Reaction Score
I hope you guys are right about Morgan- I've got the feeling she will leave if I had to bet today. Something about her maturity level - but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong!
Can you please explain. What about her maturity would make you believe she would leave? I think she would want to stay and finish the work she started. Also if we win this year and next year.... she could one up Stewie and win 5 titles... how many people can say that?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Can you please explain. What about her maturity would make you believe she would leave? I think she would want to stay and finish the work she started. Also if we win this year and next year.... she could one up Stewie and win 5 titles... how many people can say that?
I've met her and chatted with her a few times. She is mature beyond her years. I think if she stays healthy thru next season and she wins two more championships, she will leave with her classmates. I think if the injury happened later in her college career, she might need to play an extra year. I could be wrong - and hope I am. I wasn't surprised Doty Stayed, or Kalena Green. She is very serious, and I think she'll move on to professional B Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom