Stewie Interview | The Boneyard

Stewie Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Recent, post-Espy's interview: http://mymindonsports.com/?p=8948

“To put my career at UConn into words, I would describe it as just as I had planned,” she said. “I have had intentions of winning four national championships and going two for two gets me halfway there.”

On the rivalry with ND:

“I think our rivalry is going to stay fierce for a while,” Stewart said. “Here at UConn we don’t like to lose, and Notre Dame had our number for a while. My feelings about Notre Dame are that I respect their program because they have had a lot of success, but I don’t think I am surprising anyone when I say we do not particularly like each other.”

On Geno:

“Coach Auriemma has had a tremendous impact on me so far,” she said. “He has always been there to congratulate me whenever I have success but then he is one of the first to keep pushing me harder. He knows that I want to become the best player I can be and he is doing everything he can to help me accomplish that.”

What she's working on:

"Summer workouts are intense. This is the time to get better and we are all ready to work,” Stewart said. “Aspects of my game that I will be working on this summer are my ball handling skills, getting better at 1-on-1 play and being in the best shape possible.

“There are still so many things I can get better at as long as I remain humble and continue to work hard. I plan to do both.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whew! This scares me! :oops: She's going to be a temendous player! Can't wait to see how she's improved next season. She's is already awesome, I have to say I enjoyed those quotes...especially the one about the 4 National Championships. #Legendary if accomplished!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Love this photo of CD and Stewie. This was after the regional final win over Texas A&M and CD seems to be telling her there's more work to be done.

breannastewart.jpg

Reaction Score
Next summer: 60 minutes per day dunking practice - answer to the inevitable 2015 BY off-season, "How can she top THAT?" quest...

(I know you've seen this before, but since there's nuthin' else goin' on. It's 10 seconds, but if your'e in a hurry just watch the first 3 sec...)

http://instagram.com/p/kz5gcxBsw2/

Reaction Score
Next summer: 60 minutes per day dunking practice - answer to the inevitable 2015 BY off-season, "How can she top THAT?" quest...

(I know you've seen this before, but since there's nuthin' else goin' on. It's 10 seconds, but if your'e in a hurry just watch the first 3 sec...)

http://instagram.com/p/kz5gcxBsw2/
She made that look pretty easy... much better than first night as a freshman.

G

genosguy

Recent, post-Espy's interview: http://mymindonsports.com/?p=8948

“To put my career at UConn into words, I would describe it as just as I had planned,” she said. “I have had intentions of winning four national championships and going two for two gets me halfway there.”

On the rivalry with ND:

“I think our rivalry is going to stay fierce for a while,” Stewart said. “Here at UConn we don’t like to lose, and Notre Dame had our number for a while. My feelings about Notre Dame are that I respect their program because they have had a lot of success, but I don’t think I am surprising anyone when I say we do not particularly like each other.”

On Geno:

“Coach Auriemma has had a tremendous impact on me so far,” she said. “He has always been there to congratulate me whenever I have success but then he is one of the first to keep pushing me harder. He knows that I want to become the best player I can be and he is doing everything he can to help me accomplish that.”

What she's working on:

"Summer workouts are intense. This is the time to get better and we are all ready to work,” Stewart said. “Aspects of my game that I will be working on this summer are my ball handling skills, getting better at 1-on-1 play and being in the best shape possible.

“There are still so many things I can get better at as long as I remain humble and continue to work hard. I plan to do both.”
hard working woman. I am not a fan of stressing too hard in the summer. the body needs time to recover. I think of her as the franchise and the franchise needs special care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom