STEWIE!!! 38 points in a big win | The Boneyard

STEWIE!!! 38 points in a big win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess she found her shot, huh? Wish I'd seen it, but enjoyed the LA Sparks remarkable come back, just finished on ESPN2. Parker had a monster game also, and then she runs off the court holding her daughter's hand.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Guess she found her shot, huh? Wish I'd seen it, but enjoyed the LA Sparks remarkable come back, just finished on ESPN2. Parker had a monster game also, and then she runs off the court holding her daughter's hand.
L.A. trailed by 19 at the half. Maybe Pat made the halftime speech, because they won the second half by 55-31.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Dallas played a magnificent first half with red-hot shooting (especially from Diggins) and serious foul trouble for both Nneka and Beard. Candace had an amazing second-half performance. I'm trying to ignore the way she trash-talked Glory Johnson at one point.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
And crying. It was a pretty amazing performance and then watching her interview after had me crying again. What an emotional day.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Stewie, is learning, is compelled to carry the team
Quite different from her role at UConn this season.
Tonight she exalted in that responsibility.
She is going to be quite something in the W.

In the televised game, Candace played like a maniac in the 2nd half, put LA on her shoulders and carried them to a monster win.
Sky is coming along as well, had a great 1st half

Parker continues to make the selection committee look like a bunch of idiots.

Good on her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
no.jpg

Reaction Score
This is unheard of for a rookie, isn't it?

Rooks do manage this sort of thing every once in a while, but not too many of them. Candace Parker would be a notable example. The list of 30-point scoring rookies is pretty distinguished overall.

Needless to say, Stewart is a passable basketball player. She just might have a chance of working out all right in the W. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Rooks do manage this sort of thing every once in a while, but not too many of them. Candace Parker would be a notable example. The list of 30-point scoring rookies is pretty distinguished overall.

Needless to say, Stewart is a passable basketball player. She just might have a chance of working out all right in the W. ;)
You think?

Reaction Score
Where was Tiffany last night? Nothing in the "game story" about her. But didn't play. Hurt? Anyone know?

Reaction Score
All I can think is, "Are you kidding me!?!!!"

In a way, it shows what an amazing team she had around her at Connecticut that she was almost never called upon to take the team upon her shoulders and poor in the points like this.

Reaction Score
I agree that Stewie and EDD's games offer many...at least some of the same attributes.
But why should we have to make up for missing talent?

I don't recall the committee stating any reason for Candace's lack of inclusion...Do you have a citation I missed?

I would hope that a superstar would have a big ego.

Afraid I have to stand by remarks...Day in and day out, Candace has been one of the top-5 in the W this season.
Seems to me, that should have been rewarded with inclusion on the Olympic team.

I understand this issue has been beaten to death and that the selection was made prior to the season...but Candace's
2nd half of last year was of similar merit.

And as the season progresses, I would not be surprised to see Candace continue to excel, lead her team, be a great teammate
rebound, assist, and when need be (as both she and our beloved Stewie demonstrated last night); take over a game and carry a team on their broad shoulders to victory.
Is there not more to a great team than just absolute level of talent?

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Is there not more to a great team than just absolute level of talent?
Yes, I would say, but that is difficult to develop in a U.S. national or Olympic team due to the lack of time the team has to practice together. As a result, talent tends to rule on these teams.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
msf22b- - - Parker is not making the selection committee look like idiots! They knew she was very talented but they didn't want to deal with her huge ego & personality! EDD & Stewie will make up for the missing talent and bring team first attitudes into the locker room & on the court!
Candace has always had a team first attitude. She also does not have a huge ego. She is a big reason why her team is the best in the WNBA at the moment. I listened to an interview last week and she was talking about how amazing Nneka is and that she is playing like the WNBA MVP. That doesn't sound like someone with a huge ego to me. Candace is completely fine to take a backseat if the team is winning and then step up when needed. Instead of scoring she will make a great pass to Nneka for an assist. It is just funny that you say Candace doesn't have a team first attitude when her team is number one because of her team first attitude.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree that Stewie and EDD's games offer many...at least some of the same attributes.
But why should we have to make up for missing talent?

I don't recall the committee stating any reason for Candace's lack of inclusion...Do you have a citation I missed?

I would hope that a superstar would have a big ego.

Afraid I have to stand by remarks...Day in and day out, Candace has been one of the top-5 in the W this season.
Seems to me, that should have been rewarded with inclusion on the Olympic team.

And as the season progresses, I would not be surprised to see Candace continue to excel, lead her team, be a great teammate
rebound, assist, and when need be (as both she and our beloved Stewie demonstrated last night); take over a game and carry a team on their broad shoulders to victory.

I hope that the WNBA season concludes with a championship for Parker. Both she and Nneka are playing Olympic-caliber basketball. It is a shame to see that talent sitting at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom