Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched him this morning against Brewster and Jalen Adams. He fouled out and had a hard time handling Marcus Derrikson who is going to Georgetown. He started the game off knocking down a three and had a bunch of rebounds. He is going to have to develop some post moves and learn to play D before he can make an impact. Offensively he is further ahead of where Nolan was when he got here and in my opinion has a much bigger upside.
Jalen Adams looked very good he had a decent offensive game and had two really nice blocks, he played all but a few minutes of the game. He is used to playing with elite talent all of the starters were committed to D1 schools. Arizona, Louisville, Georgetown, Virginia and Uconn.

Reaction Score
Good one, has post up skills just needs to be stronger with his moves. Can bring the D out as he can shoot it out to the 3 line. Can rebound but will need to learn to box out once he's playing with the men. Think he's a fast learner so he will contribute immediately although how much is up to him.

Okay so here's something on coaching - Jere Quinn had Andre and he was still real raw and not fundamentally sound and it looks the same for Steve according to some. Does he teach anyone anything, seriously?

I don't know Coach Quinn at all but to be fair he's only coached Enoch for 1 season so we don't know the effect he's had on Steve.

Enoch is still very young and was playing JV 2 years ago so he must be improving rapidly to get where he is today. From the little I have seen he has the potential to be a really skilled big man. His biggest challenge will be adjusting to the speed and intensity of the game at the college level. Given time he could become as versatile a big as we've had here in a long time. Maybe Frank Kaminsky type

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A big guy with some range is a true pain in the ass for the defense - I don't expect him to shoot threes, but he certainly seems to have the ability to hit a mid-range jump-shot.

He looks a good bit further along than Amida did on offense at the same time and he's got a great frame for adding weight.

I think Jere Quinn has done a nice job with him - this kid was junior varsity a half-hour ago. But, I figure a freshman year of growing pains - he has entire stretches of games where he ambles around like a veal calf.

(I see the passive-aggressive crew still doesn't miss a thread.)

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
People are acting like its crazy that he isn't consistent.

1) He was a late bloomer
2) The passing and spacing for bigs is inconsistent in college, let alone high school

I'm not expecting too much in year one. Facey and Brimah's development is what we should be relying much more heavily on (Lubin as well).

Reaction Score
Should definitely manage 15-20 at the 4. We do have bodies there now. DHam can handle 10+, with Facey/Nolan/Lubin splitting the rest if need be.

Reaction Score
He can't touch our current big if you base it on mixtapes (as we like to do):

Shouldnt Philip Nolan be just a bit better than he is offensively? He should!

I'll take the Hilton Armstrong route. Hilton was not much more than Phil Nolan his first three years and ended up the 14th pick in the draft. Certainly not saying that will happen to Phil but why cant he make improvement similar to HA? Phil ha played below what he is capable of.

Reaction Score
The best person I can think of to compare his game to is Chris Webber. Very similar style. In the long run he'll probably be better than Webber though. He can hit the 3 where as Webber was pretty much 18' feet and in.
Agree somewhat but I was thinking more like Olajuwon after gaining some weight. His outside game is much more advanced right now. His footwork is about equal, so imagine in 3 years time with our 'guard coaches' working with him how much better he will be. From the mixtapes I saw he's already better than C Webb at that age.

Hell, Hakeem or C Webb didn't even have mixtapes, which proves Enoch's advancement.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
From what I've seen... He's worthy of a UConn uni...that's enough for me

Plus he's not a toothpick, the kid has some girth

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Okay so here's something on coaching - Jere Quinn had Andre and he was still real raw and not fundamentally sound and it looks the same for Steve according to some. Does he teach anyone anything, seriously?

He teaches them to go to UCONN and im ok with that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You look at his tape and you see how his body can grow and it's easy to see him as anohter Daryl Dawkins.

Reaction Score
A big guy with some range is a true pain in the ass for the defense - I don't expect him to shoot threes, but he certainly seems to have the ability to hit a mid-range jump-shot.

He looks a good bit further along than Amida did on offense at the same time and he's got a great frame for adding weight.

I think Jere Quinn has done a nice job with him - this kid was junior varsity a half-hour ago. But, I figure a freshman year of growing pains - he has entire stretches of games where he ambles around like a veal calf.

(I see the passive-aggressive crew still doesn't miss a thread.)

I think you must be mistaken or have little clue as to what your saying, Jere Quinn is one of the/ if not the most respected coaches in new england, and in the nation lol. STM is a premier prep school.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think you must be mistaken or have little clue as to what your saying, Jere Quinn is one of the/ if not the most respected coaches in new england, and in the nation lol. STM is a premier prep school.

Where did I say he wasn't?

Are you dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member