Sterling Gibbs | The Boneyard

Sterling Gibbs

Reaction Score
It took sometime for Sterling to find his role on the team, he played great down the stretch of the season we don't win any one of those AAC tourney games or the Colorado game without him, watching him in that press conference was tough, thank your for choosing to play for Uconn.

Reaction Score
For all the flack he caught in the yard this year(some deserving) He just showed he bleeds blue in that press conference. He gave his all and for that he''ll always be loved by husky nation
Do you have a link?

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Class Act All The Way Around!!!! Thanks Sterling, Omar, Shonn and Phil. What a great group of guys, played your hearts out! A few shots here and there and the outcome would have been different. Kansas is good, but that home court advantage didn't hurt either, atmosphere was insane!! Thanks Coach Ollie, this team will be back next year for sure. One thing is we need for our bigs to put in some serious off season work. Thanks for being all heart guys, thanks for a great season, proud to be a Husky win or lose. GO UCONN!!!!

Reaction Score
Big ups for SG for laying it all down for UCONN today! You can tell from his and KO's emotion that the team could have accomplished so much more if they could have gelled earlier in the year. Unfortunately for us they didn't start to gel until the AAC tourney. Even with that the team still needed more time for everybody to really find their roles.

Reaction Score
Just saw that. What a classy kid. Heard him on an interview recently, incredibly articulate and well spoken. He'll do well in life.

Can't like that enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Reaction Score
Jacobs article piece:

There would be no ice cream for UConn, only the sad taste of a season ending, one that left in Gibbs in tears as he struggled to talk about what it meant to battle with this group of players.

Reaction Score
Thank you for posting the interview. Wow!! Gibb's emotion as pure UCONN love! Now I'm all upset about the lose again. If we think it's bad for the fans this shows how much worse it is for the players. Especially the seniors. Thanks

Reaction Score
Wow, that is tough to watch. How can anyone question whether Gibbs was a "true husky" after seeing that? It's one thing to question Gibb's play at times but it is outrageous to question his commitment, loyalty, and legacy at UConn. Gibbs deserves better than the way some of our fans have treated him

Thank you, Sterling...you are always a part of the UConn family....that interview is something I'll never forget.

Reaction Score
What a difference a week makes.

An old coach once told me that every coach loves their recruits and their former players, it's just the current guys who have all the problems.

That can effect the fan base too. Coming in, there was maybe some hope that SG could be a Kemba/Bazz lead guard type and he wasn't that guy (through no fault of his own). During the season, his weaknesses were picked apart. Going out, though, i think we can all appreciate he bought in to our program and gave this team a much needed lift, and we can feel confident we have another alum who will talk highly of our program in the future.

I'm just grateful that Colorado didn't finish off that come back - maybe that same Tweet on Thursday night would have brought out some hate.

Reaction Score
Sterling Gibbs = Brian Fair. As someone already pointed out, put him next to a Ryan Boatright, Shabazz Napier, etc., Gibbs would have fit a lot better.

It seemed like Kevin Ollie tred to use him as a dribble-drive penetration type players something he's just not athletic enough. But to his credit, he did make some nice plays driving to the basket at times, and really improved his skills on the defensive end of the floor, which I think has gone very unnoticed by most fans.

Where he hurt us most, was the half court offense tended to bog down when he was at the point.

Bottom line, he is a Husky and I always rooted for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom