Stephen Curry... | The Boneyard

Stephen Curry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is playing hoops at a Steve Nash MVP-season level, only 10 years younger. Even an off-shooting first half mattered not.

Amazing he wasn't an All-Star.

Reaction Score
I was contemplating going to sleep @ halftime because these late night WC playoff games have taken a toll on my sleeping habits the past week, but I figured Steph was gonna go off again. Besides the shooting, his one handed passes off the dribble are just ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Best point guard in the league right now, best shooter in the league right now. That building is electric, David Lee pulling a Willis Reed, Warriors are must watch tv.

Reaction Score
Well, the fourth quarter sure won't be in the Curry/Warrior highlight reel. The Nuggs been doubling to get the ball out of his hands and it's been a turnover bonanza - they've all been so loose with the ball, Steph included.

This one is going to leave a mark if they don't hold on.

Reaction Score
that was college basketball level of ineptitude by the warriors closing that out. glad they got it done tho, and another first round flop by Karl.

Reaction Score
Wow - Nuggs had it down 2 and forced some wild crap up there with a chance to force OT. Warriors were a kick-out 3 away from losing after being up 18 with six minutes left.

Did Mark Jackson just blame God for their turnovers?

Reaction Score
after getting fined 25k I think all of the God comments by Jackson was his 'both teams played hard' moment, ala Rasheed Wallace.

Reaction Score
Warriors were lucky to hold on, they were kicking the ball all over the place, it really did feel like a first round NCAA game where the teams were just throwing it all over the place the last 3 minutes. Warriors were the better team and I'm glad they held on. Nuggets really missed Danilo Galinari this series, they didn't have enough scoring punch, no outside shooting.

Reaction Score
Forgot about the fine. That makes perfect sense.

I actually thought it was somewhat refreshing that someone blamed God when something went wrong in sports.

Reaction Score
superjohn is correct....Galinari is a very underrated player and does so much for that team.

Curry is a great great shooter and when the defense isn't playing tight a great ball handler and passer....when tightened up not so much, he's more a 2G although a passable PG but certainly not the best PG overall......

Reaction Score
I'm hoping curry stays healthy next year, he then can enter the conversation for top 5 pg in the league. he had insane avgs post all star break.
Unfortunately, they'll run into a terrible matchup with the spurs next, especially with lee injured.

Reaction Score
Curry is way beyond "passable" as a PG, he's definitely more of a scoring PG but a SG he is not. He can set people up all over the court.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping curry stays healthy next year, he then can enter the conversation for top 5 pg in the league. he had insane avgs post all star break.

I'd say Curry is already a top 5 PG in the league (along with Rose, Paul, Parker, and Westbrook), and when he's hot he's in the conversation for one of the better players in the league overall. He's a smart, craft, very skilled player who's the best shooter I've ever seen. He may end up going down as the greatest shooter ever when it's all said and done, but he's so much more than that as a player.

He's been a joy to watch these playoffs and has a lot of people rooting for that Warriors team.

And as a side note, the NBA is really stacked at PG nowadays. Not only those 5 I mentioned above, but also Kyrie Irving, Rondo, Deron Williams, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, John Wall (who initially looked like somewhat of a bust, but was great in the second half of the season), Damian Lillard, Steve Nash (albeit a shell of his former self), and of course Kemba. Even guys like Rubio, Brandon Jennings, Mike Conley, and hell.... even Greivis Vasquez have shown themselves to be good players in the league. I can't remember a time where the league had as many really, really good PGs as there are now.

Reaction Score
With no Melo to blame lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's pretty much thrown every big name player he's ever had under the bus at some point during their stay with him, including Ray. He wanted a team with no stars so he wouldn't have to deal with any egos, well good luck winning in the playoffs without a star/superstar player, although he's flopped in the playoffs with stars too so it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Reaction Score
Ill have to respectfully disagree on that. Irving is a much more complete 1, and rondos also in the top 5. Maybe you forgot what rondo does in the playoffs. To call somebody whose never been an all star/all nba a top 5 pg is a lil crazy. Irving gets a mulligan because he's just that good/young.

Reaction Score
Kyrie is just as much a scoring PG as Steph is. Yes he doesn't have much talent there but he's a shoot first type of PG, as far as natural passing insticts and vision go I would take Curry over him. Kyrie honestly reminds me of Gilbert Arenas.

Reaction Score
Irving is 21. Curry is 25. Irving in his first two years has posted better AST% than curry has his whole career. He also doesn't really play with alot if good nba players. As far as the Gilbert comparison, stats and my eye test would disagree. Gilbert was only as efficient as Irving has been for two years in his mid to late 20s. kyrie could very well be a top three pg in 2014-2015.

Reaction Score
I obviously meant Arenas at his peak, not the version in the beginning of his career or at end with no knee left. I expect Kyrie to eventually be better because of the experience/age gap but right now I'm taking Steph with healthy ankles.

Reaction Score
I remember I caught flack for calling curry the best shooter I've seen. still, if the warriors call the cavs theorically offer curry for Irving the cavs hang up. doesn't mean curry stinks, he could very well get better and more durable.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I remember I caught flack for calling curry the best shooter I've seen. still, if the warriors call the cavs theorically offer curry for Irving the cavs hang up. doesn't mean curry stinks, he could very well get better and more durable.
this.

curry's great..... but irving could be the next chris paul

Reaction Score
I'd rank the top ten PG's as follows:

1. Paul - The Clippers team he's playing on is a lot more limited than people realize. I have no idea how one can construct a team without having a single four or five who can hit a shot more than five feet away from the basket.

2. Parker - One of the most reliable guards in the league, game-changing speed, etc.

3. Rose - Sucks we haven't seen him play in a year, and probably won't until next season, but he's still just two years removed from winning an MVP.

4. Westbrook - I think all the talk about him possibly being expendable can end now. Nobody can match his athleticism, not even Rose.

5. Rondo - The kid seems to have an "on/off" switch built into him. He may not bring it consistently as the guys ranked ahead of him, but his ceiling is just as high as anybody in the league.

6. Curry - Can be a bit of a liablity defensively, but is entering transcendent terriotory offensively.

7. Conley - Elite defender, good shooter, excellent floor general, really the guy that makes Memphis go.

8. Wall - People forget he's the same age as Irving. Might be the one PG in the league who can approach Westbrook's level of explosion.

9. Irving - Basically a very similar player to Curry at this point in his career, but with the potential to become a Curry/Paul hybrid, which would be terrifying.

10. Holiday - Breakout season this year that went largely unoticed b/c of Philly's self-combustion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom