StarTrib: Maya: Facing the world -- and better for it | The Boneyard

StarTrib: Maya: Facing the world -- and better for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Back on the court, Moore has a thick skin.

"If you are yelling at her, she doesn't show it is frustrating," Patterson said. "She listens, she takes it in. She said she attributes it to being coached by Geno for four years."

Geno Auriemma coached the Olympic team and coached Moore in college at Connecticut. He is known as a taskmaster. But Moore always says she enjoyed playing for him because he taught her so much.

"I learned from a young age to hang around with people who are wise," Moore said.

LINK

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I mean, if you can handle Geno as an 18-year-old, you can probably handle any coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Back on the court, Moore has a thick skin.

"If you are yelling at her, she doesn't show it is frustrating," Patterson said. "She listens, she takes it in. She said she attributes it to being coached by Geno for four years."

Geno Auriemma coached the Olympic team and coached Moore in college at Connecticut. He is known as a taskmaster. But Moore always says she enjoyed playing for him because he taught her so much.

"I learned from a young age to hang around with people who are wise," Moore said.

LINK
We all know that Geno may be the ultimate wise-.

This is typical Maya, outworking the opposition:

"Most games, Moore is the first Lynx player down the court on fast breaks, too."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom