Star Wars --- The Prophecy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Star Wars --- The Prophecy

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tickets already acquired. I've got two months to train my four-year old daughter up. She's had a Darth Vader toy since she was six months, so I have a good head start.

So you are going Dark Side with her, huh? Interesting. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but to each his own. :)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I was debating whether it would be worth it to try to get opening night tickets. Just checked out the local theater and they still had seats for 12/17 at 7pm. Do I have to dress up?

Alternatively, you could do your best triumph the insult comic dog impression. Then post results on the boneyard.

Reaction Score
I was debating whether it would be worth it to try to get opening night tickets. Just checked out the local theater and they still had seats for 12/17 at 7pm. Do I have to dress up?

Just bring a light saber and you'll be fine. I went to the opening night of one of the first three, can't remember which, and the costume folks actually made it fun. Only other thing I can say it was like was waiting in line for the stroke of midnight to buy Harry Potter books with a bunch of kids dressed like Hogwarts students.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Just bring a light saber and you'll be fine. I went to the opening night of one of the first three, can't remember which, and the costume folks actually made it fun. Only other thing I can say it was like was waiting in line for the stroke of midnight to buy Harry Potter books with a bunch of kids dressed like Hogwarts students.

Luckily I have reserved seats so I don't have to worry about waiting in line. I agree it will be fun to see it with the super fans -I did that for one of the special editions or Phantom Menace. I will have to swing by my parents house to see what is still laying around.

Reaction Score
So you are going Dark Side with her, huh? Interesting. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but to each his own. :)

It's one of those talking stuffed animals with an oversized head. If you're going to get a toy with lines from the movies, you just have to hear James Earl Jones. I used to love making him tell her "I am your father."

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Luckily I have reserved seats so I don't have to worry about waiting in line. I agree it will be fun to see it with the super fans -I did that for one of the special editions or Phantom Menace. I will have to swing by my parents house to see what is still laying around.

As long as some idiot isn't whipping out their light saber during fight scenes during the movie.

Ahhh puns.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So no sight of Luke in any previews. Fueling crazy speculation that Luke=Kylo Ren This is gonna be a monster film

Reaction Score
So no sight of Luke in any previews. Fueling crazy speculation that Luke=Kylo Ren This is gonna be a monster film

No obvious sighting, but I think he's in the newest trailer too. Don't agree with that particular line of speculation.

August_West

Reaction Score
No obvious sighting, but I think he's in the newest trailer too. Don't agree with that particular line of speculation.
I dont really buy it either. But I wouldn't put it past JJ Abrams.
Really looking forward to this series. Going to blow the prequels out of the water. (well anything could, I guess. but anyway.............)

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Agree. Not if the timeline of the story holds to form as laid out online. Kylo is supposedly born after the battle of Endor no? I guess people are taking 'born' to mean, Luke 'born again' to the Dark Side.

Not showing Luke noticeably is a great way to build hype though. Gets people talking. Good marketing.

EDIT: Luke's got to be 50 years old or so in the latest movie, no? This guy doesn't qualify, unless The Force is keeping him young:

star-wars-7-kylo-ren-unmasked-pic.jpg

Love the look of this actor though.

Reaction Score

The only answer is yes and the only outfit for you is the Princess Leia Slave Girl bikini. Good luck :)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's a fun piece that makes a pretty convincing case for ROTJ being a sucky movie... and it touches on my complaint about Obi-Wan and also points out Vader should have probably sensed/ figured out Leia was his kid too.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I dont really buy it either. But I wouldn't put it past JJ Abrams.
Really looking forward to this series. Going to blow the prequels out of the water. (well anything could, I guess. but anyway...)

What really sucks is that the prequels could have been amazing.

Reaction Score
Also, the prequels were easy: no need to introduce Anakin. Start him as a Jedi Knight. Make us care about him and Obi-wan's relationship through two movies where they are doing awesome things as a team. None of this terrible political stuff (other than maybe some Palpatine-centered things). Instead, action adventure movies--somewhat in the Indiana Jones vein, maybe--where we give a crap about that relationship and maybe even the Anakin Padme stuff (which, obviously, has to be there as the transition).

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
That final preview was awesome. I have high hopes for these movies now. The way they weaved the score into the preview was perfect. For some reason just watching the X-Wings lock into attack position while skimming that lake was hair raising. I am real pumped. Not sure I'll end up going opening night because I'm not gonna wait hours to get into the theater but I'll be there night two for certain.

Now, if I was younger or childless I'd totally do what some AMC theaters are doing. Supposedly, the only one in CT doing it is in Danbury. They will be showing all 6 movies in a row leading up to the premier of the new Star Wars. That'd be awesome

August_West

Reaction Score
Also, the prequels were easy: no need to introduce Anakin. Start him as a Jedi Knight. Make us care about him and Obi-wan's relationship through two movies where they are doing awesome things as a team. None of this terrible political stuff (other than maybe some Palpatine-centered things). Instead, action adventure movies--somewhat in the Indiana Jones vein, maybe--where we give a crap about that relationship and maybe even the Anakin Padme stuff (which, obviously, has to be there as the transition).
Well you are hinting at something I stumbled upon. I got tickets for the opening for my wife and I. My wife is NOT a fan. She obviously saw the original trilogy as a kid, but doesnt remember much. And she NEVER watched any of the prequels. She says she wants to watch everything before the premiere so she can understand whats going on. I was wrestling with showing her them in episode order and release order as to which made more sense. And came across this:

Im gonna try "Machete Order" with her. It makes sense to me! Episode 1 never existed. Viewing order IV,V,II,III,VI

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well you are hinting at something I stumbled upon. I got tickets for the opening for my wife and I. My wife is NOT a fan. She obviously saw the original trilogy as a kid, but doesnt remember much. And she NEVER watched any of the prequels. She says she wants to watch everything before the premiere so she can understand whats going on. I was wrestling with showing her them in episode order and release order as to which made more sense. And came across this:

Im gonna try "Machete Order" with her. It makes sense to me! Episode 1 never existed. Viewing order IV,V,II,III,VI

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

That's over complicating it. Just go IV - VI. Then show her the prequels with the caviat that "these are junk".

Reaction Score
The star of the new movie is the son of Jar-Jar Binks, Jar-Jar Jar -Jar Binks.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
For the nerds.

YouTube channel Science vs Cinema has seamlessly edited together the two teasers and the full length trailer we've seen so far to create a beautiful 3:40 supercut which starts to make sense of the story. Check it out below:

Reaction Score
I bought 3 tickets for opening night at an old school theater in the Jersey burbs near my house. While it won't be IMAX, figure with my two boys, 9 and 5, it will be easier to navigate than the zoo that the big 16 screen theater at the mall in Paramus. I'll catch the IMAX version of it after work or during a long lunch break in NYC (Empire Times Sq IMAX or Lowes 34th St) a week or two after when it is less insane.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just found this. Seems the International trailer has more to it or different scenes then the one released in the US. Getting more pumped by the day!

Article

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom