Stan - Tenn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stan - Tenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I still can't believe UConn got beat by this Stanford team.
Tennessee 59 - Stanford 40 WOW!
As many have said: UCONN's loss vs Stanford was more about UCONN's inability than Stanford's talents, ect.

Last edited by a moderator:

HGN

Reaction Score
As I watched the game it occurred to me that maybe Stanford is still trying to learn the nuances of the new offense that Tara Vandeveer is trying to teach. Because the players really looked like they were confused a lot. This is Tara's first year using a new offense and certainly the players are new to it. So I chalked it up to that.

Regardless , the Lady Vols feasted on the confusion and ate the Cardinal's lunch today.........breakfast and dinner too for that matter.

Reaction Score
Very proud of the defensive effort by my Lady Vols. It was a great game to attend. Having Izzy back is crucial for us. Plus, our guards actually hit shots! Ha.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
How did New Mexico lose to this team :eek:
Stanford's reign in the Pac-12 appears to be in serious jeopardy.
I am going out on the limb and saying Stanford may not make the NCAA tournament. They will be 8-4 going into conference play and I see them going around 10-8 going into Pac 12 tournament. They might not get in at a 20-13. If they go 12-6 in Pac12 they will be in. The way they played today I can see a lot of trouble ahead.

Reaction Score
The ugliness that was Duke USC has been eclipsed!! I really hoped for something better. Funny thing is Tenn fans will get all pumped up about this.
Yup - they should. Tenn beat Stanford by 19, and Stanford beat UCONN by 2. So, clearly, Tenn would beat UCONN by 21 :confused:

Reaction Score
I hate to lose- to anyone- but I think the ugly Stanford loss will ultimately prove to be a unique teaching moment (read: blessing) for the team and help immensely in the quest for 10. Though he'd never admit it, I wouldn't be surprised if GA, however much disappointed in his team's performance, was deep-down okay with the loss, as it served as a reality check, a gut check, a wake up call to each and every Husky that this year's team ain't last year's team, and there is tons of work to do if another NC is to be won.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hate to lose- to anyone- but I think the ugly Stanford loss will ultimately prove to be a unique teaching moment (read: blessing) for the team and help immensely in the quest for 10. Though he'd never admit it, I wouldn't be surprised if GA, however much disappointed in his team's performance, was deep-down okay with the loss, as it served as a reality check, a gut check, a wake up call to each and every Husky that this year's team ain't last year's team, and there is tons of work to do if another NC is to be won.

Yeah this is what I said at the time..... many teaching moments..... and with a radically new team look with different assignments from last year...... a lot of tape to look over..... and examples of what not to do ..... total faith in coaching staff to fix things in time.... and in fact significant improvements came by the next game........ the only bad thing out of the stanford game was the lost streak.... and that is not as important as titles....

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
How did New Mexico lose to this team :eek:

I can't believe UConn lost to Stanford after watching this performance...

Puff up Vols... The SEC season has yet to get started...

The worst for you is yet to come...

Reaction Score
I repeat: the Tree has had some very good players, but their recent list of winners stops at the O sisters and Wiggins. The rest of their team is USUALLY made up of sweet girls with high boards.KLS knows the score!!!!!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am going out on the limb and saying Stanford may not make the NCAA tournament. They will be 8-4 going into conference play and I see them going around 10-8 going into Pac 12 tournament. They might not get in at a 20-13. If they go 12-6 in Pac12 they will be in. The way they played today I can see a lot of trouble ahead.
Don't count on it. It is possible they will struggle with some teams in the PAC (for a change!) but they are too talented and too well coached to win over 10 in the PAC.

Reaction Score
Great win by Tennessee. It was clear that they wanted this game more than Stanford. The Lady Vols played with a lot of energy, tough defense, and hustle. I can not wait to see the match up between Tennessee and Oregon St, assisted by my little cousin Mandy Close! Oregon St is playing some great basketball out West and not getting any notice. What is up with that?

Reaction Score
Great win by Tennessee. It was clear that they wanted this game more than Stanford. The Lady Vols played with a lot of energy, tough defense, and hustle. I can not wait to see the match up between Tennessee and Oregon St, assisted by my little cousin Mandy Close! Oregon St is playing some great basketball out West and not getting any notice. What is up with that?
I agree about Oregon St. The Lady Vols will have their hands full in this game. I am more worried about them than I was about Stanford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom