St John's vs Cuse @ the Dome | Page 2 | The Boneyard

St John's vs Cuse @ the Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
National championship, 6 ffs, multiple hofer. I mean, u guys got 4 ships. We get it. But its irrational to say cuse isnt a good program or doesnt have a respectable history.
It's irrational to think Cuse is on the same level with just the one title. They're easily below the likes of UConn, Louisville, and Michigan State.

We're not talking two to one here, so the fact that you still try to argue otherwise is comical.

Reaction Score
Def gotta feel good about the win. But its like winning the consolation bracket
Syracuse_mascot.0.0.png

Reaction Score
My only dagger is you guys suck this year too. Its ok. We can go back amd forth about who sucks less. Actually ill concede you are the lesser sucky of the two sucks. Your suck is slightly more palitable than our suck. But your team still sucks

4 > 1. There's my *n dagger. Clown. You will always be our little brother. Boeheim will always be below Calhoun in the tree of coaching. Tyler Olander will always have more titles than Jim Boehiem.

Now go back and meltdown on your own board. But take heed to the above.

Reaction Score
It's irrational to think Cuse is on the same level with just the one title. They're easily below the likes of UConn, Louisville, and Michigan State.

We're not talking two to one here, so the fact that you still try to argue otherwise is comical.

Well, i wasnt arguing that (although i could) but i wasnt.

Reaction Score
4 > 1. There's my *n dagger. Clown. You will always be our little brother. Boeheim will always be below Calhoun in the tree of coaching. Tyler Olander will always have more titles than Jim Boehiem.

Now go back and meltdown on your own board. But take heed to the above.

Ill choose to stay. Not a good season for you guys when another teams down year is your highlight. Put that in perspective.

Reaction Score
Glad you mentioned FF appearances.

UCONN 4/5
Syracuse 1/6

Thats an awesome record for you guys. For your sake, i hope it stays that way in perpetuity. Im not here to crap on your program. All im saying is its funny the comments about cuse when uconn is so bad too. Both teams may be historically bad when considering the modern era of the programs.

When i was at msg, had a couple good chats w some uconn fans about how down both programs are. I bet both will be back soon but its time for jimmy b to hang them up. Having a lame duck hc isnt a good thing. Times change and cuse needs to evolve.

Reaction Score
Thats an awesome record for you guys. For your sake, i hope it stays that way in perpetuity. Im not here to crap on your program. All im saying is its funny the comments about cuse when uconn is so bad too. Both teams may be historically bad when considering the modern era of the programs.

When i was at msg, had a couple good chats w some uconn fans about how down both programs are. I bet both will be back soon but its time for jimmy b to hang them up. Having a lame duck hc isnt a good thing. Times change and cuse needs to evolve.
This place can be rough on fellow UCONN fans my friend. Let alone Cuse fans. Keep your head up.

The ACC seems like bad news for everyone but UNC and Duke. Dont get me wrong, i wish we were in it, but it killed BC. You guys have done ok. I'm not sure what's up with that conference. I kinda hate it. Basketball is a northeastern game. Invented in Massachusetts. Our wonderful conference was setting that straight and getting stronger. Then the NCAA killed it.

Maybe someday we'll get to play twice a year again.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Oh man the Cuse board is in shambles right now, definitely some tasty tears on there. They just got blown out at home by a St Johns team that lost by 40 to Penn State less than a week ago.

For all their mid major jokes they make, they sure as hell seem like they would swap their coach in waiting in Hopkins that they seem to have zero faith in for a mid major coach like Ollie in a heartbeat. I bet if they had an honest to god poll on their board of if they'd rather have Hopkins or Ollie take over for that bum JB they'd vote KO in a landslide, I really believe that.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh man the Cuse board is in shambles right now, definitely some tasty tears on there. They just got blown out at home by a St Johns team that lost by 40 to Penn State less than a week ago.

For all their mid major jokes they make, they sure as hell seem like they swap their coach in waiting in Hopkins that they seem to have zero faith in for a mid major coach like Ollie in a heartbeat. I bet if they had an honest to god poll on their board of if they'd rather have Hopkins or Ollie take over for that bum JB they'd vote KO in a landslide, I really believe that.

I can't believe some of them actually think Jay Wright would consider heading up there. Laughably unlikely.

Reaction Score

For all their mid major jokes they make, they sure as hell seem like they swap their coach in waiting in Hopkins that they seem to have zero faith in for a mid major coach like Ollie in a heartbeat. I bet if they had an honest to god poll on their board of if they'd rather have Hopkins or Ollie take over for that bum JB they'd vote KO in a landslide, I really believe that.
I'm not sure how you could be optimistic about Hopkins. No NBA expierence. No head coaching expierence. Not a big name. Coaching changes are a big deal. Even UNC and Kentucky messed it up recently.

Reaction Score
Lol i know olander. Thought he was a decent player. Love some of ur other guys though. More specifically benny gordon, rishad anderson, rudy gay. You guys have a great program, thats why im saying your down this year
I'm just tryna give you are hard time man. Happy holidays buddy!

Reaction Score
Going forward Cuse would not trade places with us. They get to recruit into a conference where they play 8-10 ranked teams in a regular season. If Cincy or SMU sneaks into the top 25 we get 2 maybe 3 on the fringe. How can the most elite players want to come to us with who we play? No matter how rotten they are they will get players who will be featured in showcase games on ESPN against Duke, North Carolina, Virginia etc. We get Tulane with no one watching. We lost 2 major starters this year so i don't know what their excuse is for being bad this season, but bashing these programs makes us feel good for a second or two, but it's still OK to bash Duke and Kentucky because they skim the top 10 players every year.

Reaction Score
From 3 days ago, even more applicable now:

Kid shouldnt have come to a major d1 program. Hes not that calibur. If u cant take the heat, leave the kitchen.

Cuse has had a lot fo early entries that when u combine w the sanctions/reduced scholarship, we had zero margin for error. We had error and this is the result. We actually have 3 players (battle lydon thompson) who could be a very good base. The problems is we have stuff for guards now and none coming in.

Reaction Score
Going forward Cuse would not trade places with us. They get to recruit into a conference where they play 8-10 ranked teams in a regular season. If Cincy or SMU sneaks into the top 25 we get 2 maybe 3 on the fringe. How can the most elite players want to come to us with who we play? No matter how rotten they are they will get players who will be featured in showcase games on ESPN against Duke, North Carolina, Virginia etc. We get Tulane with no one watching. We lost 2 major starters this year so i don't know what their excuse is for being bad this season, but bashing these programs makes us feel good for a second or two, but it's still OK to bash Duke and Kentucky because they skim the top 10 players every year.

Uconn needs to play a kentucky like schedule and they can overcome the aac. Sec stinks at bball but u can supplement out oc conf. Give ollie some time to get the talent back up.

Reaction Score
Uconn needs to play a kentucky like schedule and they can overcome the aac. Sec stinks at bball but u can supplement out oc conf. Give ollie some time to get the talent back up.

Your a clown.

Reaction Score
we (cuse) are very bad. but you guys did celebrate like it was the FF when you beat us. id say well see you in the nit, but cuse isn't even going to make it there.

id love to throw daggers but both teams are terrible considering their respective histories

Probably because your fans are a bunch of cocky dbags.... 4>1 Olander>Melo

Reaction Score

It was time for him to hang it up a while ago. He should have won more with the talent he has had but his zone D has always been his flaw

Reaction Score
This is the most ironic post ive ever read on any message board. Thanks for brightening my day.

Also Otto the Orange is a little fairy fruit. I bet Bernie Fine tried to squeeze him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom