Spring Training Question | The Boneyard

Spring Training Question

Reaction Score
Headed to Naples this week. Sox don't start games in Ft Myers until Friday, 2/24.

Is it worth going to watch workouts before the spring training games? I'm not like an autograph hound and I'm a Mets fan, but I've always been intrigued by spring training. Do they let you in? What is there really to do? Is it worth it?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
had a place in marco for a while once. met my first alligator when i went over to naples to play a round. i was reaching down to pick up my ball from the edge of a pond, didn't understand why there were so many balls there, then mr big teeth popped up. i ran away.
naples is nice. there's a lot to do there, including a sweet car museum that folks love. revs? rebs? something like that. i think that u have to book ahead online. tropical parks, museums, daytime and nightime parties on the beach, all that. i don't remember the rules for the ballparks before games start, but if they let u in, i'd certainly go. i mean, settin around in the nice sun with ur pals, watching the pros practicing their craft, chillaxin with no places to be or appointments to keep? sweeeeet. an ice cold orange hi-c makes it even better.
went on a 3 day down into the swamp. weird and interesting place. in retrospect, one day of fanboat noise would have been enough. they loud.

it's mostly focused on the great outdoors in attractions emphasis.
as it should be, since their beach game is excellant.
like most of the rest of our country, everything is yuge, and far apart, making a car essential if u want to see stuff. i call Tampa a 'half hour town.' being there, it still takes a half an hour or more to get somewhere else in that town. not my style. im all in for the team road trip 'we're going to the Ozarks! we're going to the Badlands! we're going to the Caves!' etc, but i really dislike the constant, daily, mini road trips that many places demand when visiting.
one time at Marco, somebody's uninvited elderly relative guest was constantly on me 'i wannna see this! i wanna see that!'
follow me, i sez. we take the vator down, walk over to the beach, and i grab a chaise and plunk it down. 'i came to my home to see that, and nothing else!' took the windup, and tossed my car keys into the surf.
(had copies upstairs, just had enough of her.)
i like places like naples. no surf, but nice anyways.
mebbe u'll have a college team visiting the park. let's play two!

Reaction Score
I've been watching some baseball on ESPN. I like the pitch clock since watching batters adjust their gloves between pitches gets pretty annoying. Seems to be more enjoyable on TV. I have heard that most players like the changes as well.

Looking forward to getting to spring training sometime in the next few weeks. Not much better than watching baseball in good weather with good friends drinking a cold one. Watching the Sox today against Philly and noticed that there seems to be plenty of seats as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom