Spring Game -who's in? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Spring Game -who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can we get Forte to post it's going to rain?

DoWV calling for a weather realignment of rain over East Hartford Saturday?

Either one of those predictions guarantees a nice day.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I plan on being there and will be under the scoreboard at halftime. I am curious how everyone looks on offense and what the new defenders look like on the defense.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
As long as the four-month old cooperates, I will be there with the whole family. If he doesn't cooperate, I will be "going stag" to The Rent...

Reaction Score
Showers and 18 mph winds. Can we get a duck*ing break already? Really....can we?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As long as the four-month old cooperates, I will be there with the whole family. If he doesn't cooperate, I will be "going stag" to The Rent...

So you are rooting for uncooperative. My 3 year old remembers the bounce house so she is pumped up, but I won't lie the prospect of heavy rain and a trip alone isn't worst case scenario.

Reaction Score
I have never been able to make a Spring Game. This year will be no different. My one Saturday to work each month always seems to fall on the Spring Game Saturday.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Mailing it in from my tailgate spot in west palm beach on vacation

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As long as my little lady cooperates, I will be there. If she doesn't....

The crappy weather looks to be ending in the morning. If it ends early enough, I will potentially be bringing two additional non-boneyarders and non-season ticket holders. One is 8 1/2 months old...but still.

Reaction Score
Having dollar beers is a great idea. Making a charity benefit from it is a brilliant idea

Also a great way to get rid of that old, stale, beer from last years football season and this years basketball season. Those drunken yokels couldnt taste the difference after consuming gallons of moonshine during their tailgate.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also a great way to get rid of that old, stale, beer from last years football season and this years basketball season. Those drunken yokels couldnt taste the difference after consuming gallons of moonshine during their tailgate.

Or, time to break out something spectacular to set the tone for a new season.

From the local paper's weekly beer column

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130417...r-garden-Celebrating-3-years-3-favorite-brews

Let’s get the party going with some Oude Geuze Boon. Sometimes spelled “gueuze,” this is true traditional Lambic ale; wildly, spontaneously fermented. Lambic takes a very long time to make right — as much as three years to come up with the different fermented blends and then several more months bottle-conditioning — which is why real geuze costs so much. The result is a Champagne-like body with musty scents of citrus, barnyard and green apple skin. On the palate, it’s very dry with tart and sour flavors of lemon and white wine vinegar with some grass and apricot. Sounds odd to the layman, but it’s absolutely incredible.

Going back to my German roots, I’ve decided upon the Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock. I first tried an eisbock when I was in the Taunus region outside of Frankfurt years ago. This one is world-class. Eisbock is stronger than usual beer, achieved by freezing the water out of dopplebock as it is fermenting, leaving behind concentrated flavors and alcohol. Aventinus’ is wheat-based, basically creating a burly hefeweizen. All the lemon, clove, banana and bubblegum is where it should be, but delivered in a rich, almost syrupy vehicle instead of the traditional fluffy, creamy textures weizen is known for. Additional hits of honey and rum show up around the finish. Beware of the warming 12 percent alcohol.

Ballast Point Victory At Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter. To be succinct: roasty, toasty, espresso, vanilla, chocolatey, smoky, silky, rich. Like someone spiked a mochaccino with Haagen-dazs. Simply incredible.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Take it easy there tough guy... it was a joke, no need for you to do all that research.

Truth be told, I had read the article about 5 minutes before I read your post. Part of the Wednesday morning ritual is to check the weekly beer column of the local paper. Good way start looking forward to the weekend.

Reaction Score
The crappy weather looks to be ending in the morning. If it ends early enough, I will potentially be bringing two additional non-boneyarders and non-season ticket holders. One is 8 1/2 months old...but still.
Weather isn't my issue, the fact that her due date is 4/21 is the issue. So, if she holds off until Sunday or beyond I will be there. If not, SNY it is.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Weather isn't my issue, the fact that her due date is 4/21 is the issue. So, if she holds off until Sunday or beyond I will be there. If not, SNY it is.

Ahhh, I read "little lady" to be your daughter...My wife's original due date was the day after UMass game last year. I was planning on missing two home games (Still paid full frieght for my season tix). She ended up being induced 3 weeks early and I was at all six home games.

You've got attendance and free parking going for you. I am personally not expecting to tailgate...maybe a couple beers in the parking lot, but not the full get up. If you get the call, it shouldn't be difficult to leave.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ahhh, I read "little lady" to be your daughter...My wife's original due date was the day after UMass game last year. I was planning on missing two home games (Still paid full frieght for my season tix). She ended up being induced 3 weeks early and I was at all six home games.

You've got attendance and free parking going for you. I am personally not expecting to tailgate...maybe a couple beers in the parking lot, but not the full get up. If you get the call, it shouldn't be difficult to leave.
Inducing so that you could make the home games? I tip my hat to you sir.
Bowing+Man.jpg

Husky25

Reaction Score
Inducing so that you could make the home games? I tip my hat to you sir.
Bowing+Man.jpg
That wasn't the reason, but thank you just the same.:D

Reaction Score
First spring game for myself and my usual tailgate crew... gates open at 9?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I can't make it - I moved out of CT and don't have a car anymore.

That being said, I'll still be getting season tickets and making it to The Rent one way or another.

Reaction Score
Where are you? The city? There are a number of guys that come up for the games.

Reaction Score
I'll be there, the rest of the crew has been weather dependant in past years.

I might be stopping by with the wife and kids on Saturday depending on whether. I doubt i'll be able to get everyone up and ready in time to tailgate too much, but i'm shooting for 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom