Spring Game: What position groups will you be watching? | The Boneyard

Spring Game: What position groups will you be watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As usual, this list take the form of our biggest potential weaknesses.

First of all, I want the Rain to chill out. We have had a tough week in this part of the country, we are owed some decent weather.

On to Football:

1. CB - The one area on this team that outright scares me. I have been a Taylor Mack fan for a while. He is scrappy, plays with aggression, and doesn't give up and inch. However sometimes this causes him to give up like 10000 inches on one play. Heres hoping he has some better consistency in him.

2. WR - We have a returning QB/OLINE and a young & untested defense. Time to see the production, fellas.

3. DE - We know what we are getting with Joseph at end. Solid and unspectacular strongside end. Now we need to learn who will emerge to become the pass-rushing hawk on the other end. Hopefully we will see someone absolutely dominate like Wirth last season.

4. LB - We have heard alot out of Vann/Ashiru/Stewart. now we get to see what they look like stalking on the field. I am extremely excited about the talent, if not the experience

5. TE - The one position where we truly have ZERO idea what we are going to get. Reports are positive regarding McQuillan and Co. Anything would be nice, lets hope for the best

Finally I just need to say, I am so very happy to be back to football. Between the bball post-season ban and the uniform controversy, lets just play some ball, shall we?

See you all there!

Reaction Score
Offensive Line.

Offensive Line.

Offensive Line.

Offensive Line.

Offensive Line.

Last year in the spring game they were brutal. I gave them the benefit of the doubt because there were a ton of injuries and the line was mixed and matched. Whaler, to his credit, was right with his observations after the game. If this unit does not improve from last year, we will be lucky to win 3 games this year.

Reaction Score
QB - Looking forward to improved play from all three QB's but specifically Cochran.
WR - calling it now, Guttierez catches a 60 yard TD (hopefully he's not one of the walking wounded)
OL - Can any of the young guys (Samra, Rugg, Levy, Hemingway) steal a job from the starters?
DB - all of them, someone new needs to step up.
DL - do we have another Ryan Wirth sleeper surprise on the team?
LB - Stewart makes his debut.

Should be fun!

BTW I was going to put new offensive scheme from Weist at the top of the list, but knowing P we are going to get a strong dose of vanilla.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Everything but DT's, Safeties and LB's. Kicking and punting are known quantities too. No returns, so no chance to observe coverage teams or return teams.

I want to see improved QB play. Quicker drops, good progressions and strong accurate throws.

I want to see RB depth. Sucks that JW is gonna miss the game. Someone has to force Weist's hand and force his way in to the rotation.

I want to see WR's and TE's that run tight routes, aggressively go after and fight for the ball and good blocking.

The Oline. Everything must be better.

Strong play from DE's.

See CB's playing strong.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One more thing.

No wallpaper.

And from the BY'ers that are gonna be there, some good photos of T&A.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
QB/TE
CB/LB
OL

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Two simple words: Offensive Line

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
OL, CB, DL, RB, QB, TE, LB, Cheerleaders, P/K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom