Spring game Blogs | The Boneyard

Spring game Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/

Committed recruits in the house? E.J. Norris, a 6-4, 230-pound defensive end from Archbishop Carroll High in D.C.; DT Mikal Myers, (6 foot, 300); C Rennick Bryan (6-2, 319) Hillhouse High in New Haven; Jazzmar Clax (5-11, 236) from Neptune, NJ; FS Obi Melifonwu (6-3, 194), Grafton, Mass; DE Brendan Battles-Santos (6-3, 250), Eastham, Mass; LB Jon Hicks (6-3, 245) Palmyra, PA., FS Ellis Marder (6-1, 185), Windermere, Fla.; FB Wyatt Vinci (6-3, 238), Ridgewood, N.J.

http://jiblogs.com/jsilvers_uconn_football_blog/

DeLeone’s take? He couldn’t get past Whitmer’s one interception, a non-sensical up for grabs throw into the endzone that was intercepted. DeLeone was strong coming out against that play after. “You don’t have to win us the game, but don’t lose it,” DeLeone quipped after.

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/

New UConn quarterbacks coach Shane Day said while Whitmer was accurate at times, he still has issues with his technique and learning the offense that are among other things to work on in the offseason. "No one jumped up and taken the job, it's still there for all those guys,"

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/042112aab.html

Redshirt freshman cornerback David Stevenson(Stone Mountain, Ga.) had a game-best 10 tackles and snagged two interceptions for good measure.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
“You don’t have to win us the game, but don’t lose it,” DeLeone quipped after.

This should be pasted on the wristband playcard of every QB. The starter will be the guy who abides.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Very helpful. I must say I don't understand the divergent messages of "We're in no rush to name a starter" and "the Little League rules need to end" - it seems like the more reps we give to Whitmer with the first team the better.

Reaction Score
“You don’t have to win us the game, but don’t lose it,” DeLeone quipped after.

This should be pasted on the wristband playcard of every QB. The starter will be the guy who abides.

I was just going to post something similar. Loved the way Whitmer came out, throwing short and intermediate passes with great accuracy. But he made two absolutely horrific choices, one which should have been picked. The other which was picked in the end zone. He needs to listen to Deleone. Take what the D gives you. Don't try to make a play when their isn't one.

It is hard not to get excited about Whitmer, I thought he did a great job save for those two really, really stupid plays. But if I remember correctly, INT's were an issue in JC, no?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I was just going to post something similar. Loved the way Whitmer came out, throwing short and intermediate passes with great accuracy. But he made two absolutely horrific choices, one which should have been picked. The other which was picked in the end zone. He needs to listen to Deleone. Take what the D gives you. Don't try to make a play when their isn't one.

It is hard not to get excited about Whitmer, I thought he did a great job save for those two really, really stupid plays. But if I remember correctly, INT's were an issue in JC, no?

yes int's were a issue somewhat in JC but that was also just like a raw frosh year for him. i felt that this game he took a couple gampels becuase alot of his calls were short throws and he was looking for a chance to blow something up and pen his name in as #1. i was happy with him and a summer with our wr's 1st string has me thinking that at worst our qb spot this year wont be why we lose. last year it was, this year it won't be easy to blame the qb.

Reaction Score
yes int's were a issue somewhat in JC but that was also just like a raw frosh year for him. i felt that this game he took a couple gampels becuase alot of his calls were short throws and he was looking for a chance to blow something up and pen his name in as #1. i was happy with him and a summer with our wr's 1st string has me thinking that at worst our qb spot this year wont be why we lose. last year it was, this year it won't be easy to blame the qb.

Why would you take a gamble and throw into triple coverage? Like I said, loved the touch and accuracy he showed on short and intermediate passes (there it where the receivers and backs could do damage), but his INT and near INT really worry me given his troubles in JC. He just needs to play within the system and the team will be fine.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Very helpful. I must say I don't understand the divergent messages of "We're in no rush to name a starter" and "the Little League rules need to end" - it seems like the more reps we give to Whitmer with the first team the better.
This confuses me also. The coaches seem to be talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Reaction Score
The "we're in no rush" is referring to choosing a QB during the spring practices

When he says the little league rules need to end, he is talking about when the summer practices start leading up to the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom