Sports Bar owners: will you be showing game Saturday? | The Boneyard

Sports Bar owners: will you be showing game Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
as a public service respectfully requesting (begging) sports bars which have the technological capability of showing the game Saturday to list so here, especially those east of the river.

Myself, I have ESPN3 through Cox cable and am prepared to hook laptop up to TV if it comes to that. All dress rehearsals have gone well so far. However, would much prefer to watch at and patronize one of our wonderful local establishments. As one who does not have directTV or ESPN GamePlan I have seen conflicting info on whether the game can be shown by the bars who have "the package".

Reaction Score
The bars can only show it I they have purchased the gameplan. I was ready to fork over the 136.00 for the gameplan when I had the rep check and told me the uconn game vs Maryland would be blacked out. I would check to see if the gameplan is showi. It first than any bar that has the package should be able to. Show. It. Glad to see we are all addicted.

Reaction Score
uhhh, my house will have my computer hooked up to my TV and beer in the fridge.

Reaction Score
I dont have Gameplan because it's not in HD!:eek: I'll check but they do have games on PPV. But for a Bar it could be very expensive--It's over $2000 for every UFC Fight--over $3000 for Boxing. Chuck 1st and 10 Sports Bar & Grill

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For those who "hook the computer to the TV". Just get an XBox already. The ESPN 3 app is built right in. Just like watching regular tv.

Reaction Score
unfortunately our family's XBox is in Garrigus Hall in Storrs at the moment; no worries tho, laptop-TV connex seems good. still prefer the sports bar environment over home if I can't be at the game

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
For those who "hook the computer to the TV". Just get an XBox already. The ESPN 3 app is built right in. Just like watching regular tv.
my xbox has become a netflix/espn machine

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
The bars can only show it I they have purchased the gameplan. I was ready to fork over the 136.00 for the gameplan when I had the rep check and told me the uconn game vs Maryland would be blacked out. I would check to see if the gameplan is showi. It first than any bar that has the package should be able to. Show. It. Glad to see we are all addicted.

It's not on Gameplan. It's an ESPN3 "exclusive" and will be shown only on ESPN3. I don't know whether bars can show ESPN3 games or not, but Gameplan has nothing to do with it. Here are the TV listings for Saturday:

TV availability for this Saturday's games

Reaction Score
I've seen ESPN3 games on at Wood n Tap before in Vernon...

Reaction Score

Except you have to buy their yearly Xbox Gold service. Whereas my computer can stream that, Hulu, YouTube, or anything else.

For free.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
TD Homers in Southington put the UConn-Ohio game on their tbsp a few years back when it was only on ESPN3. I have a feeling they'll do it again. It looked like crap but it's on a tv!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
TK's is a great place to watch a college football game. Until ESPNU was available on Cablevision, used to trek up there whenever we had a road game on the U.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
TK's is a great place to watch a college football game. Until ESPNU was available on Cablevision, used to trek up there whenever we had a road game on the U.

wait how do u get espnu on cablevision? i dont get it or espn3.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
unfortunately our family's XBox is in Garrigus Hall in Storrs at the moment; no worries tho, laptop-TV connex seems good. still prefer the sports bar environment over home if I can't be at the game

I know it's been about 15 years since I've graduated, but where #$k is Garrigus Hall??? I visit the campus every year, and I've never heard of it. Man, that place is changing every day!!! :)

Reaction Score
wait how do u get espnu on cablevision? i dont get it or espn3.

ESPNU is on channel 794 (or thereabouts) if you have IO. It is not like ESPN 3 -- that is an online service. ESPNU is a cable channel.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ESPNU is on channel 794 (or thereabouts) if you have IO. It is not like ESPN 3 -- that is an online service. ESPNU is a cable channel.

ahh, i gotta pay for it. i must have a basic package. cool beans. thanks

Reaction Score
Tht is a great feature because Apple TV doesn't even have the app. I can still push it to Apple TV via iPhone/iPad but it would be nice to have the app

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Tht is a great feature because Apple TV doesn't even have the app. I can still push it to Apple TV via iPhone/iPad but it would be nice to have the app

I do it using playstation and the PlayOn app. Actually just downloaded it last night and it seems to work pretty well.

Reaction Score
I know it's been about 15 years since I've graduated, but where #$k is Garrigus Hall??? I visit the campus every year, and I've never heard of it. Man, that place is changing every day!!! :)
Garrigus is next to the outside football practice field, next to the original Hilltop (kids eat at Putnam)

Reaction Score
Chicago Sam's in Cromwell will be playing the game. It's a great place to watch games.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Graduated '03 and had the EXACT same thought when I read that!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom