Special UConn stats for Slew Con and Sweet & Sour.... :) | The Boneyard

Special UConn stats for Slew Con and Sweet & Sour.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
stewie double team.jpeg

UConn has this really good player named Breanna Stewart. She goes by the nickname Stewie. You should check her game out. :cool: Here are some stats:

1. Against East Carolina – Scored 26 pts (led team), grabbed 6 rebounds (led team), shot 8-15 (53.3%), was 8-8 from free throw line (100%). Also had 3 blocks, 3 assists and 3 steals.

2. This season – Has scored 208 pts (leads team), grabbed 86 rebounds (2nd on team) and played 371 minutes (leads team). Also leads team in made baskets (77) and made free throws (39). Also had 32 assists, 19 blocks and 19 steals. One of two players who has started all 12 games. :)

3. Career at UConn – Points (1,482), rebounds (639), blocks (203), assists (189) and steals (123). All that in 2,446 minutes of play. That is a positive play every 55 seconds on the court..!! Wow..!! :D

4. Post season – Won 2013 and 2014 National Championships w/ UConn, as a freshman and sophomore. Was the Final Four Most Outstanding Player in 2013 and 2014!! :eek: Yes, both years..!!

Stewie is only a Junior this year. Still lots of highlights to come. Don’t worry if she misses a shot or muffs a rebound once in a while. That is actually normal in basketball. Only in the minds of middle aged men, sitting on their sofas, does every shot go in and is every rebound perfectly played. :rolleyes:

Go Stewie..!! Go Huskies..!!

P.S. - The above pictured triple team is pretty common for Stewie...!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think to myself during the games, "Stewie is a little off today" then I look at her stats and think "Oh, I guess not." I do feel like she's building and developing this season. Come March it ought to be quite a show.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yeah, Stewie draws a little attention from the defense, doesn't she? I got into close proximity to Diana when she was a player and saw her arms covered in black and blues from defenders grabbing and holding her. I haven't been close to Stewie but I bet she gets a similar treatment.

366x650

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One other thing is that great players find other ways to contribute. In games this season where she's "only" scored 10-15 points, I bet if we watched closely, we'd see all the other things she does. Not only in drawing defenders to get others open, but constantly moving, setting screens, and playing solid defense as well. She doesn't sulk or pout when things aren't going her way, and she doesn't take possessions "off" or play lazy. One of the best things about her is that she's a great teammate!

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Yeah, Stewie draws a little attention from the defense, doesn't she? I got close to Diana when she was a player and saw her arms covered in black and blues from defenders grabbing and holding her. I haven't been close to Stewie but I bet she gets a similar treatment.

366x650

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I remember how red her arms and shoulders were throughout the Stanford game- almost as if she were getting steadily pawed slapped scratched and otherwise mauled by the Cardinal. wait-maybe she was!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One other thing is that great players find other ways to contribute. In games this season where she's "only" scored 10-15 points, I bet if we watched closely, we'd see all the other things she does. Not only in drawing defenders to get others open, but constantly moving, setting screens, and playing solid defense as well. She doesn't sulk or pout when things aren't going her way, and she doesn't take possessions "off" or play lazy. One of the best things about her is that she's a great teammate!

Geno said pretty much the same thing yesterday. Perhaps to balance off something that was aired yesterday on the pregame show or the Geno show; can't recall which. He was saying that this team does not like to practice; they'd rather play and practice is 2 hours. He caught himself and said he meant they only wanted to practice the fun stuff AND he singled out Stewie in making that observation as the camera showed us Stewie sitting on the court looking disconsolate. I'm good with him cutting Stewie some slack now and then, aren't you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom