South Cary and GA prospects | The Boneyard

South Cary and GA prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
something we really havn't seen before accept for a random couple per year. we are making nice connections. very interesting. SC always has a good # of propects and is a bit underrated becuase of fl/ga/nc being so big and fertile but pound for pound this state does well. with usc and clemson the best usually stay home or are sec/southern acc bound. we seem to be making some serious noise all of a sudden. we have already offered a couple kids and i have seen 2 more tweet uconn football with hl tapes and info. i think getting jalen stevens helped us. to be honest i also think our baseball team and what they did in that state in 2010 also awoke the state a bit exposure with to uconn. i think that combo has made uconn a relevant name in this state. it will be interesting to see if we can capitalize on this down there, would be big for the program.

we are offering a ton of GA kids especially 1 or 2 hs's that we have connections to. our florida connections seem to be ok. they are never going to be anything special but they are average bcs ish for a northern team. i think we seem to be aiming more in ga/sc lately.

Reaction Score
Weist and Buggs are also going to open some doors to new recruiting venues.

Weist was recruiting coordinator at Cincy for his last year, so he certainly has a nice rolodex of connections. He also spent 8 years at Western Kentucky so his southern connection likely go beyond anybody else on the staff.

Reaction Score
From a non-premium Rivals article:

http://footballrecruiting. /content.asp?CID=1470883

Georgia produces a high number of D-1 commits (Top 4 for 2013 class);

"Texas is king in total number of players signing -- bettering its annual competitor in raw numbers, Florida (346 to 332). California (251), Georgia (184) and Ohio (145) are the only other states with more than 100 signees."

Reaction Score
Interesting. I have always advocated for UCONN to have certain, geographically close recruiting grounds. Never really thought of Georgia, looks like pretty fertile recruiting ground.

Reaction Score
We got a great player out of SC, Ray Allen, sorry wrong sport!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Interesting. I have always advocated for UCONN to have certain, geographically close recruiting grounds. Never really thought of Georgia, looks like pretty fertile recruiting ground.

Over the last decade, we've hauled in a lot of players from Georgia, believe it or not (with varying results). The first time it had dawned on me that we were trying to make splashes in GA was in '06 with Terrence Jeffers, but we had picked up kids from GA prior to that even. Here is a list of previous years (not including this class):

Matt Wood
Julius Williams
Quarles
Rich
Jeffers
Wylie
Wilburn
AJ Portee
Manning
Box
Mack
G. Davis
Stevenson
Hemingway
Ashiru

My God, it looks like we've picked up as many from Georgia as we have from CT! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom