South Carolina vs Georgia

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's a two point So Carolina lead with about 3 minutes left

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
South Carolina can't stop the Georgia big girl.

Does Georgia know how to box out? The next time will be the first that I've seen.

Reaction Score
Louisville and FSU is also a good watch, 59-55 now

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That announcer was funny. First he said the SC Free throws could "Ice" the game when it gave them a three point lead. Then he says "I wonder what Dawn learned about her team". Maybe that they aren't as good as she thought they were?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Consider:
Can any of these teams give us so much as a game?
They're all getting worse, not better.
ND, bleh...SC, I suppose there's still Maryland or whomever

Reaction Score
Consider:
Can any of these teams give us so much as a game?
They're all getting worse, not better.
ND, bleh...SC, I suppose there's still Maryland or whomever

Except what's the deal with Wilson's foot?
Baylor is probably getting better.
ND, bleh, but their two freshmen got good minutes and scored well. Positive down the road.

But the ACC teams seem determined to be mediocre: NC State loses again. ND with two losses. Louisville, which seemed on the cusp of becoming a great program, loses again.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't think South Carolina can win by this razor-thin a margin against an unkanked team and expect to beat UConn on the road. I find the transitive property of Sports works exactly like this in wcbb. I see the Huskies finding a way.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Except what's the deal with Wilson's foot?
Baylor is probably getting better.
ND, bleh, but their two freshmen got good minutes and scored well. Positive down the road.

But the ACC teams seem determined to be mediocre: NC State loses again. ND with two losses. Louisville, which seemed on the cusp of becoming a great program, loses again.
A'ja Wilson is really in pain with her ankle injury. Boneyard thread

Reaction Score
Am I correct in assuming that Dawn Staley is in line to take over as Olympic coach if Geno sticks to his guns and bows out? I don't find her to be that great of an in-game coach from what I've seen of her South Carolina teams, especially considering how much talent they have..........

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Am I correct in assuming that Dawn Staley is in line to take over as Olympic coach if Geno sticks to his guns and bows out? I don't find her to be that great of an in-game coach from what I've seen of her South Carolina teams, especially considering how much talent they have.....
I am hoping it goes to Cheryl Reeve if as you say they don't convince Geno to do one more go-round. I think she is a really good coach and already knows how to deal with superstars. I agree that Dawn is good at building programs but I am not so sure she is a great coach - have yet to see that. She might actually be better with pros having been one, rather than trying to teach young women how to be pros.

Reaction Score
Am I correct in assuming that Dawn Staley is in line to take over as Olympic coach if Geno sticks to his guns and bows out? I don't find her to be that great of an in-game coach from what I've seen of her South Carolina teams, especially considering how much talent they have.....
Be careful Charlie, you're not supposed to criticize Staley on here. A lot of people think she's a great coach. Except she had to hire an offensive coordinator to help her and they still look like this.

Reaction Score
Be careful Charlie, you're not supposed to criticize Staley on here. A lot of people think she's a great coach. Except she had to hire an offensive coordinator to help her and they still look like this.

She's certainly done a great job building the SC prgram.........just not sure she would be my top choice to make adjustments during a difficult game........then again the US team doesn't have too many of those.............

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
This game was horrible. Coates can't play without A'Ja? Georgia killed themselves. I would have kept going high-low, and Coates had 4 fouls, so take it to her, and make her foul out. South Carolina couldn't score more than 66 points against an un-ranked Georgia, what are they going to do against the #1 team?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Really? I know they were missing A'ja, but this was the same team that lost to Missouri by 18.

Nevertheless it's not about making adjustments, but about having an offensive system that's more than dump it in to the post or guards create off the dribble. Your offense has to have a plan B, C and D. If necessary, yes, a plan E.

Reaction Score
It's 30-27 at the half.

Cuevas is a train wreck.

The train wreck had the best scoring game of her career tonight.

I thought the game was pretty good. They didn't look nearly good enough to stay in the game with UCONN though.

The game against Miss. State will be must watch TV.

BTW- I like Cuevas...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She's certainly done a great job building the SC prgram....just not sure she would be my top choice to make adjustments during a difficult game...then again the US team doesn't have too many of those...
But it really is a very easily slide from well oiled machine to team in trouble - the international teams are good, but like with Uconn, Geno's system can make good teams look really bad. Just look at how badly the NBA players did in international competition before coach K brought organization to chaos.

Reaction Score
The train wreck had the best scoring game of her career tonight.

I thought the game was pretty good. They didn't look nearly good enough to stay in the game with UCONN though.

The game against Miss. State will be must watch TV.

BTW- I like Cuevas...

If you're a UConn fan I think it's a given that you like Cuevas. Me personally? I love the woman. Hope she plays every minute against us.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you're a UConn fan I think it's a given that you like Cuevas. Me personally? I love the woman. Hope she plays every minute against us.

First thought : When Cuevas is your best player on the floor :confused:.

Second Thought: Coates may be as strong as a bull but God is she slow. Thank god they let offensive rebounds be part of the game of basketball.

Third Thought: How do they attract so many fans with that style of play?

Final Thought: Hope Aja is back at full strength so we have a challenge before the tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's 30-27 at the half.

Cuevas is a train wreck.

Cuevas was, is. and will always be a train wreck. The fact she is playing tells us there is something missing at USC.

I was browsing this board during timeouts at the Duke game.... and I expected Cuevas to have double digits turnovers or some outrageous shooting percentage or something. I just looked at her stats, and they weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be.

Did anybody catch Dawn's potty mouth?

Is it worse than Coach Geno's ???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom