Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
HAPPY FOR THE WIN!!!!

but.....

66 points.....

Reaction Score
The biggest benefactor of this game is Temple. If UConn had lost, you can bet Temple would have been crushed by 70. Perhaps now Geno will take it easy.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
SC continues to be a fourth quarter team, outscoring UConn 21-12.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I am a little surprised at the 4th quarter, but Geno knows best. Burn the clock, forget the victory margin.

But sometimes when you try to go too fast the lead can go away faster. The refs weren't doing them any favors,why give them an excuse to call charges etc.. by being real aggressive. We were ahead control the tempo. I have no problem with it. Great win.

Reaction Score
HAPPY FOR THE WIN!!!!

but.....

66 points.....

As long as it's one point more than the opponent.

But 66 looks a lot better than the number two team in the nation only putting up 54 at their place.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
SC continues to be a fourth quarter team, outscoring UConn 21-12.

You would think they would win one of the quarters - they are supposed to be #2 right? And I think there have been a few games when we had a healthy lead and we lost the 4th quarter. The other team usually pushes to make it look as close as possible.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Prior to the game, I was told the team was positive they were going to win and could win it by 30 points. However the same person extremely close to the team said Geno wouldn't allow it to be a blow out. There was no way So Carolina could come all the way back from a 21 point lead with the starters playing. That's could be why Geno let up the Gas in the 4th quarter. Not sure he wanted the game to get as close as it did. The refs played a part in that.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
As long as it's one point more than the opponent.

But 66 looks a lot better than the number two team in the nation only putting up 54 at their place.
Soon to be #3 team tomorrow when the coaches poll moves ND into the #2 slot.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Of course we are bound to hear about Wilson's extended abscence and maybe Mitchell not being 100% but that sequence where Sessions took about 5-6 shots in a row and missed everything really baffled me. Is that what they "learned" from last year?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Despite some ugly reffing at times, good game, both teams should benefit. Didn't see it mentioned. .. did UCONN bust out new Road unis tonight?

Reaction Score
An AWESOME game by UConn. Wasn't anywhere near as close as the score connotes. A solid gold butt-kicking. Tuck was FABULOUS, and Jefferson and Stewart as well. Nurse's consistent effort was the perfect compliment. South Carolina was on their heels nearly the entire game. A nice showing by both Omovbioh and Cuevas; they kept the Gamecocks in the game.

I am very glad that Wilson is OK.

One thing that must be said; I don't know who the JERK was who tried to get a UConn cheer going while Wilson was on the floor injured, but that was UNACCEPTABLE. We don't celebrate injuries. ABSOLUTELY uncalled for. Whoever you are I declare ANATHEMA on you for the remainder of the season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Soon to be #3 team tomorrow when the coaches poll moves ND into the #2 slot.

IMHO, if you lose to a team ranked ABOVE you, you should not drop in the rankings. SC lost, yes, but they lost to the #1 team in the country who was ranked above them. They did not lost to Podunk U. They should retain their #2 ranking.

Reaction Score
Would have been more enjoyable if the officials hadn't turned the game into a rugby match, but I'll take it.
I agree. They ask the kids, coaches and announcers to bring their A game to this setting and the refs got their heads up their you know whats. Both sides...

Reaction Score
An AWESOME game by UConn. Wasn't anywhere near as close as the score connotes. A solid gold butt-kicking. Tuck was FABULOUS, and Jefferson and Stewart as well. Nurse's consistent effort was the perfect compliment. South Carolina was on their heels nearly the entire game. A nice showing by both Omovbioh and Cuevas; they kept the Gamecocks in the game.

One thing that must be said; I don't know who the JERK was who tried to get a UConn cheer going while Wilson was on the floor injured, but that was UNACCEPTABLE. We don't celebrate injuries. ABSOLUTELY uncalled for. Whoever you are I declare ANATHEMA on you for the remainder of the season.

I suspect that he chose that moment to do the cheer, not because he was celebrating an injury, but because that was the first time the crowd had been quiet enough to let a UConn cheer be heard.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
FWIW I enjoyed the game until the last 8 minutes or so. It seems that not only did UCONN take their foot off the gas, but suddenly couldn't make layups and what felt like a 15-20 point win actually turned out to be 12 points. SC can take all kinds of moral victories from that - they can say Wilson came back and led the charge, blah blah. Bottom line SC is a very good team. I think UCONN brought out the best in them. And SC plays tenacious defense that's for sure...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Let's not forget Gabby. 10 boards and some good defense. Again, a solid team effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom