South Carolina game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

South Carolina game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see/ hear all the pundits who said UCONN plays an easy schedule because of the AAC.

This game was a beat down!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Wow! These kids can really, really, really play basketball!

Reaction Score
Stewart said UCONN's transition game got SC tired and "the we went on a run."

Reaction Score
You know what else is obvious...Stewie is the best player in the country, NO DOUBT!!!!!
Yes because she plays both ends of the floor, changed the game inside against the so called big front line, changed many of their shots.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Stewie; 22pts, 8 boards, 5 blocks. pretty fair night.

Reaction Score
She had my jaw dropping -- over and over. The way she would accelerate away from SC's guards - while dribbling was amazing.
There was a lot of great UConn basketball tonight but if you could only give Player Of The Game to one person, I think I'd give it to Moriah. I could understand people going for Stewie or KML, as well but Moriah played soooooooo well!

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
qSfDeqn.png

Reaction Score
Wow! These kids can really, really, really play basketball!
After the ten minute mark of the first half, they played extraordinarily! They were pretty good offensively to start the game but their defense wasn't until they went on that big run and the biggest factor in that run, was their play on the defensive side. Great performance, ladies!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I just took a quick look at Cockytalk. It was really interesting. Question; has there ever been a basketball fan who watched a game, especially on tv, and was NOT convinced that the refs were jobbing his team? A lot of Husky fans have developed a dislike for Dee Kantner almost as intense as the one we used to feel for Sally Bell. And yet the SC fans were convinced that she was horribly m-calling the game against them. And the LV fans loathed Sally at least as much as we did. Gotta be real thick skinned to be a ref!!!

Reaction Score
There was a lot of great UConn basketball tonight but if you could only give Player Of The Game to one person, I think I'd give it to Moriah. I could understand people going for Stewie or KML, as well but Moriah played soooooooo well!

What a great team effort. Incredible balance. Stifling defense. But yes, player-of-the-game absolutely Moriah. Stewie, Kaleena and Morgan all played beautiful basketball, but that little 7th grader was extraordinary: 16 pts, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, only 1 turnover, while directing the offense like Sue Bird and playing shutdown defense. Her yoyo drive to the hoop on Roy was sick. We are blessed to have that kid. Nobody can question Geno's genius Cinci strategy with Stewie and Kaleena. Congrats, UConn. But still lots of work to do.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I just took a quick look at Cockytalk. It was really interesting. Question; has there ever been a basketball fan who watched a game, especially on tv, and was NOT convinced that the refs were jobbing his team? A lot of Husky fans have developed a dislike for Dee Kantner almost as intense as the one we used to feel for Sally Bell. And yet the SC fans were convinced that she was horribly m-calling the game against them. And the LV fans loathed Sally at least as much as we did. Gotta be real thick skinned to be a ref!!!
They went ballistic because of the great call against Cuevas at the end of the first half when she lowered her shoulder and pummeled Stewie into the stanchion. The game was evenly and fairly called. SC got tired in the end and fouled a bunch, but there was no bias on the ref's part. Sour grapes.

Reaction Score

To answer your question, Yes, in some specific cases but not in general. If you log on to the different teams boards you will see the same refrain, "the refs are terrible and they're against us." You will see such talk on every losing (and some winning) team's board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom