Sons | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sons

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Bear with me, but I just can't wrap my head around Adam Arkin playing a white power character. I've seen too many shows and movies where he plays characters proud of their heritage, which flies in the face of this one. Having a hard time willfully suspending my disbelief.

Reaction Score
I'm binge watching SoA. I'm actually glad I didn't start watching it when it was on. I know generally what happens, but I'm hooked and need the instant gratification of the next episode. I'm season 2, episode 3.
I binged watched a couple summers ago. For about three weeks I thought I was going to get my head blown off every time a motorcycle pulled up next to me.

Reaction Score
Love the way the characters talk about the show in real life after the last few shows. They seemed to genuinely had a great time on the show.

Reaction Score
Just a great final season. Penultimate episode was the best IMHO. Last night's was pretty good with Jax tying up all the loose ends. Abel still is not quite right but the club s/b fine. Interesting reappearance of Chiklis at the end as well as the homeless lady. Loved the opening music from Springsteen "Adam Raised a Cain". Once I heard that, was not surprised by the final scene. Gonna miss Sons

Reaction Score
Just a great final season. Penultimate episode was the best IMHO. Last night's was pretty good with Jax tying up all the loose ends. Abel still is not quite right but the club s/b fine. Interesting reappearance of Chiklis at the end as well as the homeless lady. Loved the opening music from Springsteen "Adam Raised a Cain". Once I heard that, was not surprised by the final scene. Gonna miss Sons

I don't know. Now that it's over, I find it the whole premise of him just accepting who is and flushing his life down the toilet to be a little to hard to accept. Given the crazy schemes that Jax pulled off in the past I think he could have backed his way out of the conditions he created because of Gemma's lie while offing Marks and tying up the other loose ends. I think it would have been more acceptable to have him killed by a relative of some other character that sought revenge. But I guess it had to be done like that in order for him to be sure that he freed his children from that life.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Now that it's over, I find it the whole premise of him just accepting who is and flushing his life down the toilet to be a little to hard to accept. Given the crazy schemes that Jax pulled off in the past I think he could have backed his way out of the conditions he created because of Gemma's lie while offing Marks and tying up the other loose ends. I think it would have been more acceptable to have him killed by a relative of some other character that sought revenge. But I guess it had to be done like that in order for him to be sure that he freed his children from that life.
Think at the end of the day he couldn't be true to his kids and true to the patch.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Great show. Like how so many actors from the Shield took on new roles. Didn't realize Kurt was a guest writer on that series too. What's next for him?

Question, at the clubPresidents meeting with Jax, he requested a rule be changed in the club laws. What was that request?

Reaction Score
Great show. Like how so many actors from the Shield took on new roles. Didn't realize Kurt was a guest writer on that series too. What's next for him?

Question, at the clubPresidents meeting with Jax, he requested a rule be changed in the club laws. What was that request?

Allow Black members.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
All right.

I've watched the entire series.

On the whole - it was ridiculous. Enjoyable and entertaining, but ridiculous.

A motorcycle gang consisting of about seven members murders about 800 people in seven years and the local police department seems to have assigned one cop to just keep tabs on things.

It was so ridiculous on so many levels.

That said - the last episode was very good.

Really no way for it to end but the way it did - Jax had killed almost every person in northern California in the last month. Given that he was basically the most prolific serial killer in the history of the world, retiring to a fishing cabin doesn't work.

The show was definitely influenced by Hamlet right up until the final moments when they swapped Shakespeare for John the Baptist - Jax as Jesus on the cross. (Or the bumper, as the case may be.)

Reaction Score
All right.

I've watched the entire series.

On the whole - it was ridiculous. Enjoyable and entertaining, but ridiculous.

A motorcycle gang consisting of about seven members murders about 800 people in seven years and the local police department seems to have assigned one cop to just keep tabs on things.

It was so ridiculous on so many levels.

That said - the last episode was very good.

Really no way for it to end but the way it did - Jax had killed almost every person in northern California in the last month. Given that he was basically the most prolific serial killer in the history of the world, retiring to a fishing cabin doesn't work.

The show was definitely influenced by Hamlet right up until the final moments when they swapped Shakespeare for John the Baptist - Jax as Jesus on the cross. (Or the bumper, as the case may be.)

At times it reminded me of one of those '80s action series like The A Team or Knight Rider with the chase scenes and the absurd gunfights. But I guess the story drew me in. Some of the seasons in the middle were pretty mediocre. But overall it was really good.

Reaction Score
I didn't put that together.

Yeah it was pretty subtle. I also liked how the club went from being mortal enemies with the Mayans to being close allies. I also liked how they finally severed ties with the IRA.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I just finished all 7 seasons of this show and I have to agree with Fishy (Too frequent an occurrence lately). While the show was wildly entertaining throughout, but absolutely ridiculous. It also got a little slow and predictable toward the end. By the end of each episode, a fringe character was going to get murdered and members of the Teller/Morrow faction (whether it be Gemma, Tara, Jax, Uncer, and later Nero) would combine for at least 4 apologies.

Also, how inept are the police in Northern California? Whenever you see a law enforcement-centric show or movie (or even in real life), the police lock down the city if one of their own gets themselves perished by the hands of suspected criminals.

As I said, it was entertaining, but I found it difficult to willingly suspend my disbelief on a number of occasions throughout the show's run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom