Someone post some UCONN recruiting news - PLEASE | The Boneyard

Someone post some UCONN recruiting news - PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It doesn't even have to be true !

I am having severe Women Husky withdrawal symptoms and the
season is soooo far off.
Do what I do, record the games during the season, and you can watch them all summer, till the new season starts. I have watched Uconn beat up on Notre Dame in final four so many times, I can call the game from the other room.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo-Rushin's three daughters are all leaning toward UConn. Maria Conlon's daughter, Layla, is also a lean. She is projected to be short, but to make up for it by her lack of speed. Be of good cheer.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I was amazed when I heard this recruiting tidbit.....

All this biotech talk and development at the UConn Health Center is really about cloning athletes for the college's sports program. Cloning complete players was deemed too easy to recognize, so they are combining skills from former stars to make hybrid super players that will be unstoppable. There has also been talk lately about adding facial attributes from famously beautiful actresses to throw off any suspicions. (A boneyarder is rumored to be involved, but I haven't heard any names yet.) The advanced science behind this UConn "player development" initiative is far ahead of any research taking place at those academically superior schools, Stanford and Duke. There's now talk that UConn's breakthroughs could lure some of those athletes who wouldn't otherwise consider UConn because of academics. Isn't that ironic – the development that might attract more academics-first athletes to UConn is also the development that eliminates the need for them.

Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo-Rushin's three daughters are all leaning toward UConn. Maria Conlon's daughter, Layla, is also a lean. She is projected to be short, but to make up for it by her lack of speed. Be of good cheer.
Most probably Maria's daughter will be short but she will be slow :) however, if she'll be as calm and as great a shooter as her mother, I'm sure there will be a scholarship for her available

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Most probably Maria's daughter will be short but she will be slow :) however, if she'll be as calm and as great a shooter as her mother, I'm sure there will be a scholarship for her available
And the first thing I noticed about Maria (when she was a soph) was her great passing ability, both accuracy and timing. She was a very good pg.

Reaction Score
I'm with ya Harry. I have started watching WNBA, and enjoy it. However, the college game has my heart. Hurry up college basketball season, hurry.

Reaction Score
I was amazed when I heard this recruiting tidbit.....

All this biotech talk and development at the UConn Health Center is really about cloning athletes for the college's sports program. Cloning complete players was deemed too easy to recognize, so they are combining skills from former stars to make hybrid super players that will be unstoppable. There has also been talk lately about adding facial attributes from famously beautiful actresses to throw off any suspicions. (A boneyarder is rumored to be involved, but I haven't heard any names yet.) The advanced science behind this UConn "player development" initiative is far ahead of any research taking place at those academically superior schools, Stanford and Duke. There's now talk that UConn's breakthroughs could lure some of those athletes who wouldn't otherwise consider UConn because of academics. Isn't that ironic – the development that might attract more academics-first athletes to UConn is also the development that eliminates the need for them.

So, some day we might have another DNA Taurasi ?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Lets face it who can crack the starting lineup? Morgan Tuck as great as she is will get a lot of playtime and start some games but will be coming off the bench. Let me ask this if your a recruit wanting to play for UConn can you crack the second team lineup? That's how good UConn is.

UConn needs a Big. All we know right now is Wilson. Could there be an overseas player? Maybe, I don't know. We saw it with kids last season who liked UConn and went elsewhere to be a star... of what?????? The sell right now to recruits is come to UConn, we win championships, WNBA, AA's ...the question for many recruits is when will they start. UConn is just too talented, to many great players. Hey we have two legitimate players looking at NPOY. Playtime is a big deal for incoming freshman. If you were an opposing coach and you were up against UConn for an HS AA what would you tell them to get them. IMO there are a lot of kids who want to play for UConn. The problem is there are positions on the roster but no positions to play. We need a Big right now and that's it for the next couple of seasons.

When you look at where UConn is compared to other teams, we have a second 5 that could be a top 10 team. UConn is set for the next 3 seasons with only the need of a Big and if Wilson or someone of her caliber comes we should be favored to win more NCs. UConn has what most teams don't have a very powerful nucleaus that they can build around. Don't fret when you see recruits going elsewhere. There isn't much room for many of them right now. We will get who we need when the time comes. That might be a little bold to say but take a look at where we are and where we're headed. Most teams are trying to make the top 4, or one seeds. Most teams are trying to get to the FF. At UConn its almost expected and when it dosnt happen we ask what went wrong.

As UConn fans enjoy the next 3 years as we could break more records and do some special things. We will get top players as there are a lot of kids who want to play for Geno and UConn.

Reaction Score
We lose a big (Stef) and a guard (Bria) after this season, and bring in 3 guards. The following year we lose a big (Kiah) and a scorer (KML). There will be plenty of playing time available, we need recruits!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tony, I really hate the statement that the bench would be top ten. It's just not true. Especially since there are only 4 of them.

Let me ask this if your a recruit wanting to play for UConn can you crack the second team lineup?
When you look at where UConn is compared to other teams, we have a second 5 that could be a top 10 team

Doggy if you referring to what I said maybe I'm missing something but I quoted what was in my post and I didn't mention the bench. The other 5 players could be Saniya, BB, Kiah Morgan and one other player maybe Breanna since shes a freshman, and I do think they could be top 10. If you don't that's fine.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tony, I really hate the statement that the bench would be top ten. It's just not true. Especially since there are only 4 of them.
I think (it's Tony though, sooooo) he is talking about 2014/2015 recruits. Such that in 2014/2015 (when they will get here, 2014 anyway) we have 10 players (KML, Banks, Stokes, Tuck, Stewart, Jefferson, Chong, Ekmark, Williams, and Edwards). I think anyway???

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let me ask this if your a recruit wanting to play for UConn can you crack the second team lineup?
When you look at where UConn is compared to other teams, we have a second 5 that could be a top 10 team

Doggy if you referring to what I said maybe I'm missing something but I quoted what was in my post and I didn't mention the bench. The other 5 players could be Saniya, BB, Kiah Morgan and one other player maybe Breanna since shes a freshman, and I do think they could be top 10. If you don't that's fine.
Well Tony, that "second 5" is normally considered "the bench".

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

No, you didn't mention the bench. You mentioned the 2nd five. My bad. The older I get the worse my reading comprehension is.

Take any starter and add her to the line up of Stokes, Tuck, Banks and Chong and you have a realllllly good team.

Wow...I'm taking back what I said. I'll call your top ten and raise you a top five.

Breanna is a freshman? I wish Uconn still had four more years with her....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom