Someone has to ask the question | The Boneyard

Someone has to ask the question

Reaction Score
We have struggled mightily to be successful in this league. Is it time to face facts and move basketball to America East where we will be more competitive then put more emphasis on sports where we are in a premier league (hockey) or that are critical to any hope of eventually getting to a P5 league (football)? For all the complaining about the American it isn't like we are the dominant team or even one of them. Maybe a few years in AE pests us get back to winning titles again.

Reaction Score
bm.gif

Reaction Score
I was thinking maybe the WCC and we can play other programs of our level like Sam Francisco and Santa Clara. And maybe once in a while play a real program like gonzaga and saint marys and hope to be on their level someday... ;):D

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't do this often but...

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no likes, and may Fishy and Tom have mercy on your soul.

Reaction Score

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no likes, and may Fishy and Tom have mercy on your soul.
LOL!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

He comes to this forum only when things are going wrong. His bias appears to be anti JC, anti men's bb being more important than football or anti this forum.
The post was absurd because it's a combo of his perspective and ours with "ours" being some of the posters insisting on dropping football.

If it wasn't so pitiful I'd enjoy his drama and the drama he causes. Next!

Reaction Score
Just for fun what part of my post is wrong? That we a marginally competitive in the AAC? That hockey is in the nation's bet league? That success in football is more important than basketball in getting into a P5 league? So if all of those are true why not downgrade hoops to a more regional league and spend the savings on building programs that are important or powers? LOL

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Everyone drop your keyboards and step away from the freescooter.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How about the Sun Belt Conference? Then we'd get to play a team called the Chanticleers.
Love the Chants! Can't believe they are the college baseball champions. We got a coach from them so I'm sure that will start a rivalry.

Could get some stock advice from Moglia to improve UConn's endowment.

Reaction Score
...You could have at least said the A10, to seem somewhat believable and realistic.

miss.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Now, a return to the Big East may be a lot better idea at this point.

Reaction Score
I have to say I don't get some of you guys. Seems like you just buy into the narrative that UCONN is going nowhere and that is just fine. People say Ollie has done a bad job, point out that we have struggled in a weak league and it is denial and excuses and 2014. Well guess what? It is 2017 and this team has done nothing. Either Ollie can't recruit or he can't coach because his teams have been getting worse as Calhouns players have left. Oh but you can't expect him to do what Calhoun did the apologists say. Ok. But how about doing what Mick Cronin does? Six straight NCAA appearances. 1st 3rd 3rd in the league. Probably another Top 3 finish this year with another trip to the tourney. If Ollie could put together a run like that there would be hope at least.

C

chiller99.5

If you want hands on coaching from a multiple year NBA player you go to UCONN, if a petulant leprechaun is more up your alley...Cronins your guy

Reaction Score
I have to say I don't get some of you guys. Seems like you just buy into the narrative that UCONN is going nowhere and that is just fine. People say Ollie has done a bad job, point out that we have struggled in a weak league and it is denial and excuses and 2014. Well guess what? It is 2017 and this team has done nothing. Either Ollie can't recruit or he can't coach because his teams have been getting worse as Calhouns players have left. Oh but you can't expect him to do what Calhoun did the apologists say. Ok. But how about doing what Mick Cronin does? Six straight NCAA appearances. 1st 3rd 3rd in the league. Probably another Top 3 finish this year with another trip to the tourney. If Ollie could put together a run like that there would be hope at least.
I don't know why I'm bothering to react to this but..... You can't over react for 1 season. You're being ridiculous. Did UNC talk about dropping out of the ACC the year they stunk (don't want to look it up but the year UConn killed them)? Just last year UConn finished near the top of the league and won the AAC Tournament. Two years before that the team won the National Championship.

We get it. The team is not good this year. Doesn't mean they should drop down to low major status because of it. The school's athletic budget is way up there for P5 schools. We'll be back. One really crappy season doesn't define a program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom