Some more feedback. Mike Brey weighs in. | The Boneyard

Some more feedback. Mike Brey weighs in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
"I'm not sure exactly what's going to happen, but my preference is to stay in the Big East," he said. "We've finally got an identity." - Mike Brey

Didn't realize that it took all these years in the BE for ND hoops to finally get an identity. Hey hell of an accomplishment..I guess. I'm sure Digger Phelps is so proud now!

Reaction Score
Fuc k him. If he was so concerned he should have lobbied the football team to join the BE. I can't think of anything Id rather listen too than Brey complain about their conference affiliation.
Personally, and I am not a college football fan at all, I don't get this "holier than thou" ,if you will, position that Notre Dame takes relative to the status and direction it sets for it's football program. And I also don't get the media apparently(and as a result a wide variety of athletic conferences) fawning all over this team. They have been competitively out of touch on the national scene for years and have been able to use program history to an advantage that is completely out of proportion with the success of the program. UCLA won all of those hoops titles; and they have little or no influence on the current market because the program has not had a high degree of recent success. I don't get it when it comes to ND. They deserve nothing more than to be ignored imo; and should not even remotely be the prime target for any athletic conference. They sure as hell should have little or nothing to do with our prospects for membership in the ACC.

Reaction Score
It helps to have "Irish" in your name. Isn't that the second largest group of immigrants in the country? There are plenty of people who hook onto that team just because they're Irish. Not all, maybe not even the majority...but plenty.

Imagine how large their following would be if they were the Notre Dame Fighting Tree Stumps.

See, now the following goes down quite a bit doesn't it....

Reaction Score
You have to think like a college football fan, CaHoops. There are a few posters like you that wander over from the BB board, somewhat clueless (not meant unkindly). Being hoops-centric is kinda like speaking French in Spain. It doesn't get you anywhere and it's annoying to the Spanish. ND football is special (still). It may not be logical or intelligent but it is and any proposed further conference changes will take this into account. You don't have to like college FB but you need to know it is the controlling entity and eats from the bowl first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom