Some love... and a lot of hate from the Dookies | The Boneyard

Some love... and a lot of hate from the Dookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not much hate I read there
My favorite comment, "I would venture to say that's a longer team than most, if not all, NBA teams. Going to be impossible to finish anywhere near the rim or get any rebounds."

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Actually reading the comments, most of the posters acknowledge they hate UConn, but then go on to conclude that this year's UConn team should be pretty damn good. I'll take it.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Testing the new site - just woke up and heard the AD news. WOW. That said - I also read how he still has to get through the NCAA Clearinghouse (not that we've ever had a player wait too long for that....) and that "somehow" a scholly must get freed up.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Also glad I was able to register using my same handle. Wouldn't have wanted to try to figure out a new one...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
when you get serious hate from one of the great programs of our era, you know it's a sign of respect. i can't stand dook, but it's more about their insufferable fans than their huggie coach...

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It's awkward, but at the same time really nice seeing Duke fans saying things like "How is Calhoun doing this?" "How are they landing all these recruits?"..

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
also enjoyed the comment "They must be crapping themselves even if they aren't admitting it". seriously? pinching, crapping, whatever. you would be too if your school just landed the #1 kid in the nation...

Reaction Score
Testing the new site - just woke up and heard the AD news. WOW. That said - I also read how he still has to get through the NCAA Clearinghouse (not that we've ever had a player wait too long for that....) and that "somehow" a scholly must get freed up.
Every player has to be cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse (now called the NCAA Eligibility Center) before they can play, not unique to AD. I believe most players register for the NEC their junior year of hs, so AD should be good to go. From all accounts, he graduated STM with strong grades and an adequate SAT score.

Scholly thing looks to be either:
1. AD walks on and pays his own way (in state tuition) (75 % probability)
2. Someone like TO gives up his scholarship for the year (20%)
3. Giffey stays in Germany (5%)

I'm sure I missed a few plausible scenarios, but while interesting to see how it plays out, I don't see it as a real hurdle to AD's arrival.

With all that said....holy , Andre Drummond is playing for UConn this year!

Reaction Score
also enjoyed the comment "They must be crapping themselves even if they aren't admitting it". seriously? pinching, crapping, whatever. you would be too if your school just landed the #1 kid in the nation...
SD, they were referring to UNC fans who figured they'd coast this year.

Reaction Score
Gotta say I really want Giffey to be on this team. He seems to be one of those guys who does all the little things to help the team win. Not a guy who is gonna stuff the stat sheet, but in the champ game last year, his was easily the most impressive effort on the court. I think he's the kind of kid you just have to have on your team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As things currently stand UConn is a top echelon program. And Duke belongs to that club as well. There isn't any need to diminish one member of the club to elevate the other.

Besides, I have a whole new respect for Duke especially the way events have played out recently.

mediaManager

Reaction Score
CBS is reporting that he'll probably come in as a walk- on and pay his own expenses.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Charlie V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger