Some good overlooked movies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some good overlooked movies

Reaction Score
Really liked Children of Men and as far as Cohen Bros., for f-cksake how about Burn Before Reading? For a great movie that is like going backwards in a time machine at this point The Verdict with Paul Newman is excellent. Michael Clayton was also well done.

Reaction Score
Very Bad Things
Bully
Helter Skelter
Fight Club
Grandmas Boy

Reaction Score
Zombieland is a good example.

I highly, highly highly recommend that people see Moon. Relatively low-budget under the rade type of movie - Sam Shepard is great in it.

Get Him to the Greek. If you don't laugh at this movie, you're a drip. Ditto for Saving Sarah Marshall.

The Prestige. Kingdom of Heaven. The Assassination of Jesse James...(Sam Shepard, again.) Fallen. (Denzel Washington). Jacob's Ladder. Everything by Wes Anderson.

Barton Fink has always been one of my favorite movies. Hard to call any Coen brothers' underrated, but they might be so overrated that they come full circle to underrated. The Big Lebowski and O Brother Where Art Thou? are brilliant.

And, because I am the father of an elementary-school aged girl and she has been my most constant movie date over the past nine years, I might be an expert on animated films.

The Incredibles is supposed to be Pixar's best film. It's not - Finding Nemo is. I don't recall being crazy about it when it came out, but having seen it about 200 times with my daughter since, it's almost perfect. I can't say any other Pixar movies are really underrated - perhaps A Bug's Life. The rest are as good as their reps with the possible exception of Brave....wasn't crazy about it. Cars 2 stunk.

Arthur Christmas and Pirates! Band of Misfits are both very, very good.
Sam Shepard wasn't in Moon, you're thinking of Sam Rockwell. Two of the best movie I've ever seen, City of God and Maria Full of Grace.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Out cold
Antz
The big lebowski
Brink
Billy madison
Major league

Reaction Score
Out cold
Antz
The big lebowski
Brink
Billy madison
Major league

Some choices:
Believe in Me
Shot at Glory
Charlie Wilson's War
Appaloosa
Cradle Will Rock
Matchstick Men
Dark City

I tried to present films in a variety of genres. I would like to add Citizen X, but it is an HBO film. Is that kosher/? Still if you haven't seen this film; I highly recommend it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
For a GREAT T&A movie, watch Eurotrip. I believe it was straight to video, and the main 4 characters are a hodge podge of career supporting actors, although the movie also has Jeffrey Tambor and Vinnie Jones, and a hilarious cameo by Matt Damon. The movie is exactly what you expect it to be, but I still laugh my butt off every time it is on.

Worth another thread, but I think T&A movies are much, much better now than they were 30 years ago.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
miscusie, miscusie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Had that same exact scenario with National Lampoons Vacation.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

And with that one you have to deal with gratuitous Beverly D'angelo boob shots

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom