Some Good AAC News | The Boneyard

Some Good AAC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In terms of throwing some truffle oil on the turd sandwich we are being served for lunch....

UCF apparently has won its bowl ban appeal and will be bowl eligible in 2013.

And, USF has bolstered its OOC schedule by signing to play @Wisconsin and the Turtle in 2014. Return game from Wisconsin in 2017 and @Turtle in 2015.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/43694/usf-adds-series-with-wisconsin-maryland

I realize USF and UCF are a long way from FSU and UF, but competitively they are on par with Miami and it's a legitimate rivalry between two very large schools in a football crazy area.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Of course they won the appeal, of course.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
@DanWolken 18h
If you look at the way teams from the American are scheduling they will have plenty of chances to "prove it in the field" as Aresco says

@DanWolken 18h
I'm also not sure they could have gotten those games without ESPN deal. I just don't see Wisconsin playing in Tampa on NBC-SN

@DanWolken 17h
Yes. League wants to be known as The American RT @joesills: @DanWolken the AAC?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm glad we're able to schedule the big boys but now these teams, us included, need to win.....however, if we start winning these OOC games, look for them to shrink as right now, we're viewed as OOC fodder for these teams. We carry decent name recognition, more so than MAC teams or C-USA teams, but we're not viewed as serious competition. If we (AAC teams) start winning, we will start garnering some respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom