Some bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-we are not done with our 2013 class
-rutgers is recruiting new england heavy all of a sudden. Several offers made
-atleast 3 of the 6 stud rbs will be at jr day. A 4th is all but confirmed thru a convo.
-the ne prep schools are loading up on kids now
-dazzler kicking our ass on the trail it seems

I may or may not be able to say more soon. Fingers crossed we get some 2014 jr day action this weekend!!!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
-we are not done with our 2013 class
-rutgers is recruiting new england heavy all of a sudden. Several offers made
-atleast 3 of the 6 stud rbs will be at jr day. A 4th is all but confirmed thru a convo.
-the ne prep schools are loading up on kids now
-dazzler kicking our ass on the trail it seems

I may or may not be able to say more soon. Fingers crossed we get some 2014 jr day action this weekend!!!

Dazzler= ?

pj

Reaction Score
Dazzler = new BC head coach Steve Addazio.

Good to hear about the JR day attendance, don't like the heightened competition. The staff have to raise their game. Hope the B1G invitation comes soon.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Thanks.

HFD, what's Addazio selling that has him "kicking our ass"? Only thing I can think of and it's a biggie, is conference affiliation.

A few weeks ago I would have said the type of offense he runs but I think the excitement of TJ joining our staff cancels that out. Facilities and recent success have to go our way, no? What's the barometer you're using when deciding we're taking a beating?

I'm thinking, if I were a kid, I'd rather play for "The Dazzler" than the "PP".

Pasq's needs a new nickname. Get on it.

Reaction Score

Good to hear about the JR day attendance, don't like the heightened competition. The staff have to raise their game. Hope the B1G invitation comes soon.

Geez - I thought the staff raised it's game with the new additions (Weist, Buggs) and Wholley stepping up big - no?

Addazio will make noise and he has the "conference" dirt to throw but he's not god. We can compete with him on recruiting trail.

Offers do not always equal commits nor do commits always equal NLI as we know well.

Reaction Score
No offense, but if we can't compete against Adazzio, we really need to hang em up - mediocre coordinator, mediocre HC, loyalty of a pole dancer.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the dazzler coach wise is the same. he recruited well at temple all things considering. hes a animal and he would rather have a big bar fight at practice thent alk about drills. city kids by into that type of hype ass . when u take him and go from the mac school who moved up but stinks to a power 5 school with bs tradition but in the same region. its easy for him now. he already had ground work all over this area so all he is now is a huge upgrade of himself. kids can't ignore that. the question is how many kids he can get to buy into a new bc vs the old bc. if its a good amount, they will quickly gain momentum. thats why earlier i was joking about knifing there bubble pf pos...

rutgers offered both of thr stud OL from ma this week. they are pulling a psu now. ignore new england until studs are noticed and then try to sweep in. lets see if we can hold them off. we did a great job last year (noel, fuchs...) but now with the b10 logo things are harder. recruiting is going to only get harder for us no matter how much we improve. its a major uphill battle to sell a kid on the NBE right now.

mcalister is one of the 3 rbs def coming this weekend. i havn't seen the other names in public yet so i dont feel its right to put them out there yet. but 3 of the 6 on my info are yes for sure. hope we get all 6 bbut who knows who visits...

hearing we are close to offered 2 fciac sde's and a 3rd dl from the area but not fciac.

Reaction Score
HFD, when you said we weren't done with the 2013 class were you referring to Lagow or is there still someone else on the radar?

Also I'm very excited to have Lagow committ. Outside of the last week or so the kid has pumped this university hard to other recruits and is the type of ambassador we need for the program. Can't wait to see how the QB position shakes out in the fall! If I were to guess I would say 1. Whitmer 2. Cochran 3. Lagow

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yes @kfalko, we offered another qb in case lagow wasn't coming. we clearly have 1 slot to fill and needed a 2nd qb. glad we got lagow back on board and his family and P fixed the issues.

is mccumings a rs jr now this fall? if so i think it makes sense what is goin gon now. his ship willl be one of those not held after next fall and he will play a 4th year elsewhere i asume. but for now with a lot of youth in the 3,4,5 slots we need him as the backup.

right now 2014 is looking like a 15 man class and i asume that may grow a bit over time. maybe to 20. but we need to shed5ish kids this spring. thats a lot of kids to know your canning. have to worry about making sure they all stay on track academics wise and so on also...

kivon will be a wr or db. a while back i got hammered for saying noel was coming in as a ath not a wr. i think u guys can put the position together with that hint and some ones number etc...it will happen at some point after getting run at both spots imho. both of them are beat athletes and will have big time careers here once they fine tune skills for there positions.

i can say that both of the ma rbs are among the jr day rbs coming(mcalister and thomas). i dont know about cooper if hes coming or not, but u twitter ppl should get on him @getthiswork_203. newsome has one also that u an find thru coopers i think, forget the name...

would u guys be interested in a nyc and rest of new england thread like the ct one for 2014? ma is solid and nyc is pretty fertile like ct this year...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
how do u guys feel about the dazzler now? hes going to have himself one hell of a week.

Reaction Score
how do u guys feel about the dazzler now? hes going to have himself one hell of a week.

I'll actually be impressed when the kid actually enrolls and moves into a room in Chestnut Hill. Long time away...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'll actually be impressed when the kid actually enrolls and moves into a room in Chestnut Hill. Long time away...

dont get hi off of things that happened last year. a couple ct kids flipped. big deal. i was on the dot with them moving, then at the end boyle switching was a different story then the others. dazzler isn't up there throwing of saftey offers. hes pitching his shoes off and kids are buying it. he just pulled in the best rb from our state who had offers from everyone under the sun. hes going to land the 2nd or 3rd best OL this week also in new england and prob the best "ath" soon also.

last year when bc landed some kids i was quick to let everyone and all those bi*ch ass bc fans pumping chest here that it was a joke. sure enough cory jazz flipped, coggins is 14 kid now and isaacs went south. the boyle thing was different. those types of things aren't going to happen this year. were getting destroyed on the trail. just murdered right now. we need something. the style of wait and see is pure bs. it gives them the excuse to offer southern kids and not northern kids becuase they can easily travel for camp. silly. nd is going to eat cake in the northeast this year and so is bc. im going to bet 10 of the 30 in nyc/ne that go bcs will end up at those 2. its that ugly.

Reaction Score
dont get hi off of things that happened last year. a couple ct kids flipped. big deal. i was on the dot with them moving, then at the end boyle switching was a different story then the others. dazzler isn't up there throwing of saftey offers. hes pitching his shoes off and kids are buying it. he just pulled in the best rb from our state who had offers from everyone under the sun. hes going to land the 2nd or 3rd best OL this week also in new england and prob the best "ath" soon also.

last year when bc landed some kids i was quick to let everyone and all those bi*ch ass bc fans pumping chest here that it was a joke. sure enough cory jazz flipped, coggins is 14 kid now and isaacs went south. the boyle thing was different. those types of things aren't going to happen this year. were getting destroyed on the trail. just murdered right now. we need something. the style of wait and see is pure bs. it gives them the excuse to offer southern kids and not northern kids becuase they can easily travel for camp. silly. nd is going to eat cake in the northeast this year and so is bc. im going to bet 10 of the 30 in nyc/ne that go bcs will end up at those 2. its that ugly.

I'll still believe it when he enrolls in a Northeast school...

Reaction Score
Thanks.

HFD, what's Addazio selling that has him "kicking our ass"? Only thing I can think of and it's a biggie, is conference affiliation.

A few weeks ago I would have said the type of offense he runs but I think the excitement of TJ joining our staff cancels that out. Facilities and recent success have to go our way, no? What's the barometer you're using when deciding we're taking a beating?

I'm thinking, if I were a kid, I'd rather play for "The Dazzler" than the "PP".

Pasq's needs a new nickname. Get on it.

Selling them on playing time due to lack of talent.

Things tend to go in cycles for precisely this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom