Somber Alumni news update... | The Boneyard

Somber Alumni news update...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was a Southington High Wednesday evening. As you are aware, D.J. Hernandez taught & coached at S.H.S. for a couple of years before moving on to the college ranks & his cousin Davina is the S.H.S. girls softball coach. During conversation with an S.H.S. faculty member, the subject of D.J. came up. The faculty member related that D.J. has left coaching altogether because whenever members of the press asked to speak to him, what they really wanted commentary on was the Aaron situation. Sad.

Reaction Score
A very sad part of the Hernandez saga is how DJ is essentially now parenting his mother. So many tragic twists over the past ten years for that family and obviously the victim's families but she seems to be a bit checkered..

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I always wondered about DJ and I'm glad he has found some happiness in his own life. He didn't ask for any of this and it has to be a terrible burden to carry around every day. I wish him nothing but the best in the future.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess the old adage is so true:
You are who you run with
A guy with so much physical ability but terrible bad judgment
And the fingers of guilt by association poison the brothers, (I don't mention the mother - I feel for her - but something is wrong in her picture)
Sooooooo Sad

Reaction Score
In some ways it's a surprise that DJ turned out normal considering that environment around that family.

Reaction Score
The whole thing is tragic - Aaron destroying his own life by throwing away everything, the lives he took & their friends & family members, and the reprecussions it left on DJ and the rest of his family.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed in the photos is how short D.J. is. If Aaron is 6' 1, D.J. can't be more than 5'11".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom