Solve your problems with aggression | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Solve your problems with aggression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think one of the reasons Uconn was still in the game was the adjustment DB made to stop blitzing and dial down the pressure, they were getting to Daniels with 4 and kept him in the pocket which worked. It was the first time I remember a coach making an adjustment during the game. What a shocker!

Reaction Score
FWIW the initial post wasn't made after the game ended. It was made when we had already given up one TD drive and were about to surrender our second (Gratz int saved that). When I started the thread it appeared that USF was the only thing that was going to stop USF's offense.

By the way, i love your signiture/video. Isn't that former NO Saints DC Gregg Williams??

Reaction Score
I would argue that the defense has been tired and carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders. Our defense has had to do most of the physical work and has had to deal with the pressure of keeping us in games. Our inability to score is the simple reason for it. Don Brown is awesome and to criticize the defense he has put on the field this year is one of the clearest examples of the throwing the baby out with the bath water I have seen around here. We have the 9th best defense despite the fact that we are one of the very worst teams in college football.

Reaction Score
top 10 defenses don't give up in games-don't want to hear it...Is it a good d yes. but not top 10. Love DB and style don't get me wrong, + injuries have hurt the line, stop with the top 10 talk though.

Reaction Score
top 10 defenses don't give up in games-don't want to hear it...Is it a good d yes. but not top 10. Love DB and style don't get me wrong, + injuries have hurt the line, stop with the top 10 talk though.

So, of the top 8 defenses in the nation (toal defense ranking) 4 of them have had a game where they let up 37 points or more. Does that mean that those 4 teams quit as well in the middle of a game? Perhaps that means that they got out played and beat on that day. I don't think this defense has quit this year. They have been put in tough situation after tough situation. With the exception of the 'Cuse game I truly believe that they have played extremely hard. I think Yawin, Sio, Jory, Blidi, Gratz, Trevardo, Wirth, Brown, Jones, Coach Brown, Coach Hughes and the rest of the D would have a hard time with the fact that some people are saying that they "quit". These individuals display great work ethic, amazing character & tremendous pride, not the characteristics of quitters.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
By the way, i love your signiture/video. Isn't that former NO Saints DC Gregg Williams??
Close, it is an expression of my feelings towards GDL (and yes, if it would help I am willing to put a bounty on his head).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom