soft verbal??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

soft verbal???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The kids attended ESPN gameday, but not the game. I think for the kids to get exposed to that was still huge! I heard the student section was insane!!

Reaction Score
No tix to SU game is unacceptable. I thought I read an article on Rivals from a recruit that said the game was awesome. Could be wrong.

Reaction Score
....and if they were present on campus on Friday, the recruits saw our students braving the cold and camping out for the game. The atmosphere was electric from everything I could see and hear. I think the gameday crew were all deaf after the morning show.

Reaction Score
Maybe bringing in Temple can help recruiting, after all...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
was there a 3rd commit this weekend? or was beezer a soft verbal? or what is going on with that front?

HuskyfanDan, we're supposed to be the ones asking you that! :D

Thanks for the updates though this weekend, softened the blow of the Cuse loss just a little bit.

Reaction Score
I know I'm not supposed to post stuff from premium websites....but hell I pay for it so I can do whatever I want with it right? (just kidding rivals)

Going to do it anyways, I think everyone is going to LOVE this quote by Ogundeko:

"It just made me feel like I was part of the family," he said. "Also, Laray Smith plans on committing there also, we're going to help put UConn on the map."

Reaction Score
I know I'm not supposed to post stuff from premium websites....but hell I pay for it so I can do whatever I want with it right? (just kidding rivals)

Going to do it anyways, I think everyone is going to LOVE this quote by Ogundeko:

"It just made me feel like I was part of the family," he said. "Also, Laray Smith plans on committing there also, we're going to help put UConn on the map."

That is freaking awesome to hear. He is a great looking athlete coming out of the backfield. Very quick with shifty moves. Sounds like Junior day went very well and Coach PP and the crew know how to recruit. I can't wait to see how the 2013 shapes up. PP and company can finally gain interest from guys earlier in the recruiting process unlike the 2012 class because of his late hiring. I am loving everything that I have read about this past weekend.

Reaction Score
Yeah sounds like junior day was a smash hit. Of course having college gameday on campus cannot be anything but a home run. But wait I thought Espn hated us? Aren't we the only campus to host them for a women's game?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lol there is also a thread started on eo about us. people here laugh at me for being pro PP, thats fine to each his own but PP is here now and i like him recruiting wise for uconn. i think last year was what it was considering our roster, there are no doubt some things that need to change in his game managment but i have faith...

i'm seeing it on the recruit trail and others here are now also after the finish to nsd and now jr day. other fanbases in the area are now seeing it also. bc is new englands team? no way. kids are going to uconn or going elsewhere(acc/b10). only a few new england kids who are bcs guys will stay home for bc, they have fallen off a cliff(and kids who live in the area see it more than others) while uconn has built and built. nyc was up for grabs and will always be a mix. cuse last year made some nice strides, but give PP time to get into the programs down there like the old days and sure enough things are looking good all of a sudden! rutgers put together a impressive class last year, no doubt and they did a great job keeping nj kids home. look at out 50ish offers this year out so far. we have like 20 of them in nj and look at the jr day visitors, lots of nj flavor. were going to be a player down there also.

the recent events at iowa and psu also have clearly helped us on the recruit trail. iowa will not be the player they were here in new england. and it seems psu doesn't isn't showing the interest it once was. neither has offered a new england kid yet i think.

bc-fell off a cliff
ruty-will be fine but isn't a player in new england, we can be a player in nj becuase of the depth of recruit there
cuse-not sure really. they wont be much of a player in new england and i think were on even terms at worst in nyc/pk/wc.
psu- new staff looks to be putting focus elsewhere. what i mean is they never were hard focused on new england but they did do there work in the area, that 10% of recruit focus they did put in new england doesn't seem to be here yet from that staff. good sign for us imho. same can be said for iowa.

no reason why nyc/pk/wc up thru new england can't be uconn country on the recruit trail. its happening people and i'm pumped about it!
UPTICK!

Reaction Score
http://connecticut.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1336439
Nice article posted today. UConn is making a tremendous impression on some of these kids. Getting to them early is the key. This kid Allen going into senior season will probably be getting bombarded with interests. Looks like this could happen before it gets to that point. I know for a fact Temple is about to put a full court press on this kid.

Reaction Score
link
lot of times with nyc kids its all about potential. he has that because his size is already pretty much there. nyc kids usually don't get time early in careers becuase they need to be taugh and develope skills for a certain position(nyc coaching is below par). he has other bcs offers that were banking off the same thing this staff was(potential). there is a video of him in his thread below.
Hold on there HuskyDan, NYC is an untapped mine, the coaching is very good, and the kids are just beginning to show this. The problem seems to be that the scouting services are not looking at "basketball" schools. Also the city football players are just starting to participate in the combine circuit. A lot of the talent is under ther radar in NYC, perfect for new minning operations like ours.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
"It would take a lot to surpass what I experienced in Storrs."

did i see a aron hdaz ref in there?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hold on there HuskyDan, NYC is an untapped mine, the coaching is very good, and the kids are just beginning to show this. The problem seems to be that the scouting services are not looking at "basketball" schools. Also the city football players are just starting to participate in the combine circuit. A lot of the talent is under ther radar in NYC, perfect for new minning operations like ours.

first off, i don't mean to offend anyone coaching wise in the city. its my opinion that coaching there isn't on par with other areas. i'm not saying its better any than ct or other areas but when u have that much potential around u, a legit coach puts out prospects by the handful. a nj or pa coach that has some expierence runs train on nyc quickly imho. just my opinion as i said.

2nd, i agree 100% on the untap gold mine. i have posted it before but nyc is a couple years from blowing up major league. we have a chance to be one of the schools thats sucessful in nyc and from what happened this past weekend i like that PP and crew also think of it highly. that tells me he is reaching out to his contacts and finding out a new hotpost and going after it.

ALSO this is not part of this chat^. can anyone confirm or deny tommy hopkins at jr. day? he is a local guy that i think highly of. would be another good get in ny this year.

Reaction Score
first off, i don't mean to offend anyone coaching wise in the city. its my opinion that coaching there isn't on par with other areas. i'm not saying its better any than ct or other areas but when u have that much potential around u, a legit coach puts out prospects by the handful. a nj or pa coach that has some expierence runs train on nyc quickly imho. just my opinion as i said.

2nd, i agree 100% on the untap gold mine. i have posted it before but nyc is a couple years from blowing up major league. we have a chance to be one of the schools thats sucessful in nyc and from what happened this past weekend i like that PP and crew also think of it highly. that tells me he is reaching out to his contacts and finding out a new hotpost and going after it.

ALSO this is not part of this chat^. can anyone confirm or deny tommy hopkins at jr. day? he is a local guy that i think highly of. would be another good get in ny this year.
Not offended, just trying to rid the stereotype.
There were two RB's, and a TE from NYC at the Junior Day, maybe more I'm hearing in the wind.
Anybody have a complete list of attendees.
It would be nice to see some the top kids land at UCONN instead of the Orange Heads.

Reaction Score
Eb's story

"You guys know how to post videos to facebook?"

Attachments

• Jefferson\'s Ogundeko picks UConn - NYPOST_com.txt
    8 KB · Views: 88
Reaction Score
Sounds like Junior day went very well and Coach PP and the crew know how to recruit. I can't wait to see how the 2013 shapes up. PP and company can finally gain interest from guys earlier in the recruiting process unlike the 2012 class because of his late hiring. I am loving everything that I have read about this past weekend.

in reality this is P's first full year of recruiting. i like last year's class, but if this class finishes anything like it started we're in for a heck of a class. i'm not used to being this excited this early in the process. this must be what being a Rutgers fan felt like when Schiano was there. i wonder if he left his fence up here for Flood, or if he brought it down to Tampa with him

Reaction Score
that article made me excited to see wilbert lee play haha

Me too. He already looked like a great athlete coming out of high school. Sounds like he will have every opportunity in spring ball and fall camp to show the coaches what he is made of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom