soft verbal??? | The Boneyard

soft verbal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
was there a 3rd commit this weekend? or was beezer a soft verbal? or what is going on with that front?

Reaction Score
Could you link me to beezer's profile? I may have missed any mention of him.

So far we have "our first, Noel" , "Eb and flow," and "leave it to Beezer"? Love the names, the coaching staff is thinking about everything. Haha.

Reaction Score
on twitter is seems his coach confirmed it

@NYPost_Brazille: Jefferson defensive end/outside linebacker Ebenezer Ogundeko has committed to UConn, per coach Gus Cyrus. #psalfootball

Reaction Score
They're saying on the other site that he committed, but is still going to continue with the process as far as taking visits to other schools

(which sounds like an oxymoron....but it is the recruiting world we live in)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
How good is this kid supposed to be? As far as I can see, he hasn't been evaluated by the major services and I haven't seen any videos or anything.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
How good is this kid supposed to be? As far as I can see, he hasn't been evaluated by the major services and I haven't seen any videos or anything.
link
lot of times with nyc kids its all about potential. he has that because his size is already pretty much there. nyc kids usually don't get time early in careers becuase they need to be taugh and develope skills for a certain position(nyc coaching is below par). he has other bcs offers that were banking off the same thing this staff was(potential). there is a video of him in his thread below.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I would ask you.......any buzz in twitter land?
yes thats why i'm looking for more info.

saw a rivals tweet about a soft verbal but no name
whats up with mitchell anyone? i hope were recruting him as a ath and not a qb.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
They're saying on the other site that he committed, but is still going to continue with the process as far as taking visits to other schools

(which sounds like an oxymoron....but it is the recruiting world we live in)

thanks for the info. kind of like what isaacs is doing right now acept he didn't tell bcu he was going to do that.

Reaction Score

Mitchell is very new on the recruiting scene but is an outstanding overall athlete, which is important because the competion he played against wasn't the best and Cedar Creek is a brand new school just completing its 1st varsity football season.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

They are recruiting him as a quarterback. Very good athlete who can run and throw.

Reaction Score
Rivals is following up with several of the attendees and will have updated info posted throughout the week. Just completed interview with wr/ath Julian Allen from south jersey. Soft verbal with solid offer pending soon. Nebraska new on the scene with buzz starting to grow at many schools. Multiple offers expected before his senior yr. Apparently very impressed with coach Sos and meeting with him again in May.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Rivals is following up with several of the attendees and will have updated info posted throughout the week. Just completed interview with wr/ath Julian Allen from south jersey. Soft verbal with solid offer pending soon. Nebraska new on the scene with buzz starting to grow at many schools. Multiple offers expected before his senior yr. Apparently very impressed with coach Sos and meeting with him again in May.
so we just got a soft verbal from julian allen?

Reaction Score
so we just got a soft verbal from julian allen?
Apparently Rivals will have the article posted this week mentioning offer is pending a follow up visit by coach Sos down to South jersey in May. I do know the Allen kid turned down other junior day invites to attend Uconn's so I believe there is more to come on this one. The shocker for me was finding out about Zaire Williams attendance. 2,000 yard rusher in south jersey group 4. That's hard to do. I spoke to his father as well and Clemson will be his next stop with an offer pending. He and Allen are friends and played against each other. Uconn could strike major gold here!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Apparently Rivals will have the article posted this week mentioning offer is pending a follow up visit by coach Sos down to South jersey in May. I do know the Allen kid turned down other junior day invites to attend Uconn's so I believe there is more to come on this one. The shocker for me was finding out about Zaire Williams attendance. 2,000 yard rusher in south jersey group 4. That's hard to do. I spoke to his father as well and Clemson will be his next stop with an offer pending. He and Allen are friends and played against each other. Uconn could strike major gold here!
thanks for the great news and info.

Reaction Score

Do you mind me asking if you're associated with Rivals or any other sevice? What does your handle stand for? South Jersey Scout?

Thanks for the info.

Reaction Score
I scout for a few of the big national camps and combines out there and send invites to the most talented kids to attend, but my base and primary focus is the South Jersey area. I get to see alot of these kids when they're still playing youth football in 8th grade. Its very special to see them get to the next level. I love this site and the passion for UConn. What I'm hearing about the recruiters, especially coach Sos is extremely positive. I think if this south jersey funnel continues it will have a huge impact on the program. The funnel used to belong to Nebraska then Iowa and Wisconsin. Right now Uconn has a major shot!

Reaction Score
Interesting. Welcome to the board. Hope you hang around for a long time. Would be interested to hear your analysis on some of our kids as they commit.

Reaction Score
The key for coach Sos is wrapping up commits on some of these kids while they may be under the radar. The facilities speak for themselves, but eventually these kids will get to multiple offers from all over and it will get tough. Some of these kids actually want to commit early and put their focus back on school, SAT/ACT tests and preparing for their senior seasons.

Reaction Score
SJScout, let me be one of the first to thank you for identifying yourself and your affiliations to us. Welcome to the boneyard! Check in with us as often as you would like (i hit the refresh button every five minutes, personally, jk) and we appreciate any news you can provide. I hope you are right in your predicitions, but I will be cautious because NSD is a 11 months away.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Welcome to the board. Hope you hang around for a long time. Would be interested to hear your analysis on some of our kids as they commit.
Thanks much! has to be one of the best boards going. I will share info from down here as I get it. Big combine in South jersey in March ( The NUC Elite 150 invitation only) and several UConn recruits will be in attendance with coverage from Rivals, Scout and ESPN. I will let you guys know how some of these kids tested out.

Reaction Score
I think the star studded attendance was due in large part to the hoop game against Cuse. Not a lot of high school juniors are gonna turn down the chance to take in this game on a trip. Staff was smart to leverage that and get kids on campus.

I remember a few years ago Barkevious Mingo used us to take an official visit and get to a hoops game. What a beast he turned out to be for LSU.

Reaction Score
I think the star studded attendance was due in large part to the hoop game against Cuse. Not a lot of high school juniors are gonna turn down the chance to take in this game on a trip. Staff was smart to leverage that and get kids on campus.

I remember a few years ago Barkevious Mingo used us to take an official visit and get to a hoops game. What a beast he turned out to be for LSU.

kids didn't get tickets to the game, read a tweet that said the staff tried to get them tickets but it was sold out....probably could have gotten them passes or something along those lines I would think....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
they got to sit across gampel from the students for gameday, thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom