So you want Coach P out? Who do you want in? | The Boneyard

So you want Coach P out? Who do you want in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let the (realistic) nominations begin.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
K.C. Keeler it's long shot with new contract but he's a firey kinda of guy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
#uncn
Hank to dc
Db to hc
? To oc. Find a locksey. Have someone till the offseason fill the role
Locksley may be available this winter.

Reaction Score
K.C. Keeler it's long shot with new contract but he's a firey kinda of guy.
Keeler's candidacy when Edsall left was fabricated by his agent Gary Conrad...if an idiot like Hathaway wasn't interested in him what makes you think a guy like Manuel who knows what it is like to both play BCS level football and run a high level Rose Bowl\B1G champion level program at Michigan would even have him on a long list of candidates?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tom Bradley

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Locksley may be available this winter.
Kevin Plank the owner of Under Armour likes Edsall a LOT... ( just like Burton did when he was here)...which means he isn't ponying up the $$ for his buyout...which means Edsall will be back for yr #3.

Reaction Score
Tom Bradley

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
I wonder if Bradley has any regrets about the UConn job...from all the media reports he blew off his interview...he and Garrick McGee were my top choices to replace Edsall!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Mike Bajakian. OC at Cincinnati for the last three years, putting up great numbers. Has roots in the Northeast. Went to college at Williams. Coached at Michigan (hi Warde). Coached in the NFL, including an NFC Championship winner. Young. Daughter isn't of school age, so maybe he'd be willing to move.

He's perfect. Do it.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bajakian_mike00.html

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Keeler's candidacy when Edsall left was fabricated by his agent Gary Conrad...if an idiot like Hathaway wasn't interested in him what makes you think a guy like Manuel who knows what it is like to both play BCS level football and run a high level Rose Bowl\B1G champion level program at Michigan would even have him on a long list of candidates?
Good question I'm stupid

Reaction Score
Mike Bajakian. OC at Cincinnati for the last three years, putting up great numbers. Has roots in the Northeast. Went to college at Williams. Coached at Michigan (hi Warde). Coached in the NFL, including an NFC Championship winner. Young. Daughter isn't of school age, so maybe he'd be willing to move.

He's perfect. Do it.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bajakian_mike00.html

I emailed this site to Warde Manuel

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The possibility exists that Manuel knows Bajakian from his days as an assistant AD at Michigan (Bajakian was there for a couple of years).

Reaction Score
My requirements, in no particular order:

- Previous head coaching experience (being a head coach is a heck of a lot different than being an assistant)
- Good recruiter - We need someone who has contacts within the area

Now of course we will get the names thrown out that will have zero interest in coming here, or carry a ton of baggage that the university will want no part of (my prediction of unrealistic names thrown out - Gus Malzhan, Bobby Petrino, Butch Davis).

Best realistic choice:

Steve Addazio, Head Coach Temple

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

- Previous head coaching experience (being a head coach is a heck of a lot different than being an assistant)

Now of course we will get the names thrown out that will have zero interest in coming here, or carry a ton of baggage that the university will want no part of (my prediction of unrealistic names thrown out - Gus Malzhan, Bobby Petrino, Butch Davis).

Best realistic choice:

i will take steve right now, but the issue is now its a lateral move as we are i the same league #1 and #2 he may have a better shot at a big time job one day if he stays with what hes bulding at temple vs uconn becuase he would fall another 2 years behind(life clock) making the move. also fyi he is not killing in on the trail, i think he could do what P did recruit wise but i dont see any beter happening.

Reaction Score
i will take steve right now, but the issue is now its a lateral move as we are i the same league #1 and #2 he may have a better shot at a big time job one day if he stays with what hes bulding at temple vs uconn becuase he would fall another 2 years behind(life clock) making the move. also fyi he is not killing in on the trail, i think he could do what P did recruit wise but i dont see any beter happening.

Coach Addazzio is a local guy, and there were strong whispers he was very interested in the UCONN job. The timing was atrocious. The job came open after he accepted the Temple job.

As far as recruiting, he will have better things to sell the recruits on, namely the facilities. They just don't have that at Temple. He did a great job recruiting every stop he has been, from Syracuse, to Notre Dame, to Florida.

Reaction Score

We need someone who can get players, regardless of where they are from. I'd rather have the best talent in CT go elsewhere and bring in guys from all over the nation who can play, than keep a 3-4 star CT player at UConn. Hire Petrino and your offensive issues are instantly solved. Keep Don Brown and this team is great all-around in 2 years.

Reaction Score

Best realistic choice:

Addazio wouldn't leave Temple for Uconn my friend... I think it's a little to late for him to come here! From the way things are going I say we loose to Syracuse and Temple this year... I think we only win 1 or 2 games here on out...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Addazio has no need to leave Temple. If we lose next week, not a shot he comes here. I already say there's a 2% chance he'd leave Temple anyway

Reaction Score
We need someone who can get players, regardless of where they are from. I'd rather have the best talent in CT go elsewhere and bring in guys from all over the nation who can play, than keep a 3-4 star CT player at UConn. Hire Petrino and your offensive issues are instantly solved. Keep Don Brown and this team is great all-around in 2 years.

By area, I did not mean Connecticut. This has been discussed quite a bit here, and I chuckled when everyone was touting how much the high school coaches loved Coach P. What did that get us? The biggest whiner, the coach at Xavier who whined about Edsall and raved about Pasquoloni? Well he had a great D1 qb prospect. Where did he commit? Uh BC.

By area, I mean fertile recruiting grounds around CT. Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Florida. Those are the 3 key states, to me.

Reaction Score
Addazio wouldn't leave Temple for Uconn my friend... I think it's a little to late for him to come here! From the way things are going I say we loose to Syracuse and Temple this year... I think we only win 1 or 2 games here on out...

I still think he would.

Reaction Score

Best realistic choice:

His current contract runs through 2016 @ Temple.

I like SA and wish he was availabe when you know who left in 2011. You also do know he coached @ Cuse w/PP - right and that he was basically run out of UF. Nobody is perfect I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom