So when do the 4 Husky pups show up on campus? | The Boneyard

So when do the 4 Husky pups show up on campus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think they gotta graduate HS first. They usually show up in the Summer Sessions which start around the beginning of June.

Reaction Score
What do fans think about putting a couple of fangs on our logo like one of the dogs in the picture above?

Reaction Score
If Nurse practices with and plays for the Canadian National Team in the World Championships,
then I wouldn't expect to see her on campus until the middle of October. That would seem to
screw up her first semester unless there's some jock/academic finagle that can be implemented.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If Nurse practices with and plays for the Canadian National Team in the World Championships,
then I wouldn't expect to see her on campus until the middle of October. That would seem to
screw up her first semester unless there's some jock/academic finagle that can be implemented.
Depends on how the Canadian team schedules there practices. Stewart and KML might be getting a look-in for the USA team and of course Maya had that issue. I don't know if some of the Canadian team play in the WNBA but that would mess up summer scheduling for Canada as it does for the USA.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Could be awhile yet if they are coming from Alaska. :)

Reaction Score
My guess is the new kids on the block will be on campus by July 7 for the second summer session which runs into early August. Then there's a couple of weeks break before the fall semester starts. As far as Kia goes, my guess is at the very latest she'll be on campus by August 25th. If not, the NCAA will help her figure out her schedule. Unless you go to UNC you sorta have to show up for some classes every now and again as a student-athlete. It just dawned on me: August doesn't seem so far away, but damn, we're half a year away from an actual game.

Reaction Score
I remember the New Yorkers having a problem showing up when everyone else does (Stewie comes to mind) because the NYS high schools get out so much later than schools in other states.

And I have no idea what that has to do with anything anyone posted here.

Reaction Score
I remember the New Yorkers having a problem showing up when everyone else does (Stewie comes to mind) because the NYS high schools get out so much later than schools in other states.

And I have no idea what that has to do with anything anyone posted here.
I don't really think there's that much of a difference. I would say almost all public high schools in the U.S. finish up around June 5th +/- 2 weeks. Some northern schools may run into late-June because of snow, but for the most part, they all finish around the same time. There are Connecticut high schools that hold graduation in the first week of June. Especially along the shoreline where there are not as many snow days to make up. I went to school in Connecticut, and my graduation was June 4th. As far as the year, I'm not tellin' :p though it wasn't that long ago.

Reaction Score
Way back when I went to school in NYC, the last day of school was June 30, unless it was a Sat. or Sun.

Reaction Score
Way back when I went to school in NYC, the last day of school was June 30, unless it was a Sat. or Sun.
A friend with a police officer brother told me that the cops asked the NYC schools to extend the school year to cut down on the amount of time the kids would have to cause trouble on the streets. Don't know if that was or is true, but it sure is a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom