So stoked to have CV for 4 years | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So stoked to have CV for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean he's not going to be Napier, Boat or any of those guys. That's just not realistic.

But he's a real work horse third guard who can do a lot of different things well and is a pretty gutsy little player. He's wetter than wet behind the ears and he's going to do *a lot* of really stupid stuff this year; but it'll be worth it for next year and the year after that.

The one thing that kills me about NOT having Gilbert healthy - beyond him being a really good PG, is not getting the minutes developmentally - and frankly - the same for Larrier. But in terms of developing depth - guys like Durham, Vital, etc. It's a pretty decent situation to be in and could make us much deeper next season.
I REALLY like Durham a lot and people forget he was a bonafide top-10ish guy before he blew his leg to bits. There's A LOT of upside in there with these extra minutes.

Next year on paper, we're as good as anyone. Add a legit big to the mix and the future's bright; we're just going to have to choke down a lot of terrible basketball in the meantime in order to get there....

Reaction Score
Must be an amazing feeling. Growing up in the shadow of MSG and then hitting game-winning shots there. Especially MSG.

Reaction Score
The big rebound CV came up with late in the BU game reminded me a lot of Kemba/Bazz/Boat. I used to love they way they attacked the long rebounds like that. That's a lot of what we're missing. I'd have Adams, Gilbert, CV, Purvis all watching these guys do that. Watch how they read the shot and put themselves in position to get the long rebounds. Those also help get on the break. Kemba and Bazz made a living doing that.
Yeah CV crashing the boards is no accident, its DNA stuff. This pic shows that. This kids special even Brimah has to give way:

-7363f65a0cf9ee39.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99