So, Skiblets, the spring game intel is DOA? | The Boneyard

So, Skiblets, the spring game intel is DOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@Skiblets not busting balls and I appreciated you sharing the information on the spring game...those good vibes from that conversation are presumably dead as it seemed like it was all Big 12 related. Yeah?

Reaction Score
@Skiblets not busting balls and I appreciated you sharing the information on the spring game...those good vibes from that conversation are presumably dead as it seemed like it was all Big 12 related. Yeah?
Yeah. It appears so but a specific conference was never provided. Apologize if it raised false hopes at the time. And in my defense it was only one nugget from a very well placed person. I am by no means a CR insider but thought it relevant enough and reliable enough to pass along at the time

Reaction Score
There was a quote from one of UConn's higher ups (either Suzan or Dave B) about how they're not going to reach out because "the Big 12 knows us."

That seemed to imply the two sides had already been in touch with one another long before this process began.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah. It appears so but a specific conference was never provided. Apologize if it raised false hopes at the time. And in my defense it was only one nugget from a very well placed person. I am by no means a CR insider but thought it relevant enough and reliable enough to pass along at the time

You just shared what you heard. Every one of us would do the same unless we were bound by confidentiality requirements.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

No worries. Appreciated you sharing it with us. Didn't mean to question what you said.

Reaction Score

Not that anyone is giving you grief about this (now), but obviously you were not wrong, but just reporting information/feelings people had at the time. Things like this are fluid and assumptions are made based on information available at the time -- just because someone ends up being incorrect eventually doesn't mean he/she is wrong at the time.

I fully appreciated your contribution to this board when that went down. Thank you.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There was a quote from one of UConn's higher ups (either Suzan or Dave B) about how they're not going to reach out because "the Big 12 knows us."

That seemed to imply the two sides had already been in touch with one another long before this process began.
It's pretty clear that the process didn't start this summer as much as ECU and others may have hoped.... they were a year behind by the time they got out of the gate.

Just a hunch from reading between lines but I think we had strong support from Boren and Gee, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were privately helping us navigate the waters via Tranghese. Of course... with so many external factors... that doesn't mean a consensus was ever reached, and they just avoided expansion entirely.

All that's to say I think Skiblets heard a tidbit, shared it, and it's not any less true because of the outcome. Discussions were ongoing.

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear that the process didn't start this summer as much as ECU and others may have hoped.... they were a year behind by the time they got out of the gate.

Just a hunch from reading between lines but I think we had strong support from Boren and Gee, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were privately helping us navigate the waters via Tranghese. Of course... with so many external factors... that doesn't mean a consensus was ever reached, and they just avoided expansion entirely.

All that's to say I think Skiblets heard a tidbit, shared it, and it's not any less true because of the outcome. Discussions were ongoing.
Exactly.

They also seemed to have strong support from the KSU president before she left (because Rule #1!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom