So last year, Kara | The Boneyard

So last year, Kara

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Love Kara, but you gotta do your homework before discussing the upcoming games. No, Brooklyn Pope is not with Baylor this year after graduating. Then again, she might have been thinking of Alexis Prince, who can definitely back up Sims pretty well.

Do kind of wish Meghan would either get out of the booth and start officiating the games or not keep making all the calls from there.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Prince is gone for the year. Foot surgery. Will look to red shirt her and keep 3 years of eligibility.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Prince is gone for the year. Foot surgery. Will look to red shirt her and keep 3 years of eligibility.
Is that official now? Sounded like they were hoping she would play but wanted her stronger on the leg.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I posted this in the Prince thread

From the WacoTrib:

That’s been especially crucial because Baylor has been without the services of 6-foot-2 forward Alexis Prince for most of the year, and she’ll miss the rest of the season after surgery on her left foot.

“We’re trying to get her left foot completely healed,” Mulkey said. “She’s been off of it two, three, four months now, and it’s not responding. We’re going to apply for a medical redshirt, and she’ll have three years left.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Meghan really ticked me off at one point today. There was a play when one of the guards threw an entry pass to Kiah that ended up going out of bounds.

I happened to be watching Kiah as the play unfolded and the T defender (who was behind her) grabbed her by the arm and pulled her totally off balance towards the corner. On replay Meghan went into a rant about how Kiah needed to establish position and make the catch (even though you couldn't see Kiah at all on the replay). It should have been a foul on the Temple player.

I just hate it when commentators who haven't seen the play act like they know exactly what happened. If you didn't see the entire play, SHUT UP!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I am completely with you on that series. Meghan was completely off.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There's a lot worse than Meghan, who at least knows the UConn team, its situation within WCBB, and its history. It just seems she feels she needs to point out every uncalled thing that she considers a UConn transgression to twit the UConn fans that their #1 team has some flaws. Thanks Meghan but most UConn fans know that, though I do realize there are a few fans who think every TO above the number 0 is a travesty and any game not won by at least 50 points was an abject failure. We realize that she's mainly watching the UConn players and that is why she focuses on their unpunished crimes. I would have loved to hear a discussion yesterday about how Temple was getting so many offensive rebounds and why.

Sure, we can be told the Bria and MoJeff carry the ball every time they bounce the ball, but then show some respect to the other team's guards by giving them the same accolade, because that is simply the way that all guards are taught to dribble nowadays, and ignoring other team's players on that topic while constantly and tediously citing the Husky palming is a slight. And also, as in Kiah example mentioned in a post above, she seems to often talk for too long about plays where her facts on the case are either wrong or are missing a key piece. What she was saying about a post moving for a pass was fine and informative, but she was missing the part about the reason that the pass was errant and maybe some ideas about what the post can do when a defender is hanging on her that way. I just hope it will never be time for for nice sweet Kiah to have one of those sophomore swing-time BG moments or a Caroline-in-the-2013-NC "oops" play to get elbow room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom