So, is there any chance Tennessee ends up in Albany? | The Boneyard

So, is there any chance Tennessee ends up in Albany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme has been projecting the LVs to Albany as a #2 seed, but what does he know? On the other hand, is there any chance he's right?
A
Geographically speaking, it will make more sense to have Big XII schools in OKC and PAC-12 schools in Spokane. Both conferences have candidates for a #2 seed. Meanwhile, Greensboro is a possibility for the LVs, but would the selection committee put Tennessee in the same bracket as South Carolina? In terms of national interest, I bet a UConn-Tennessee bracket would get eyes on the tube and butts in seats.

Anyway, I'm not asking what people want; rather, I'm asking what is likely to happen.

Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme has been projecting the LVs to Albany as a #2 seed, but what does he know? On the other hand, is there any chance he's right?
A
Geographically speaking, it will make more sense to have Big XII schools in OKC and PAC-12 schools in Spokane. Both conferences have candidates for a #2 seed. Meanwhile, Greensboro is a possibility for the LVs, but would the selection committee put Tennessee in the same bracket as South Carolina? In terms of national interest, I bet a UConn-Tennessee bracket would get eyes on the tube and butts in seats.

Anyway, I'm not asking what people want; rather, I'm asking what is likely to happen.

Any thoughts?
Looking for a loser! Any Volunteers?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think it depends the confrence tournaments. We will find out for sure on selection show.

Reaction Score
For it to happen Tenn would need to be the 6th or 7th overall seed. The way I see it, ND goes to Greensboro, SC goes to OKC . Tenn can't be put with SC and so we need a team to be put with ND ahead of Tenn. With Albany being closer to Knoxville than Spokane, Tenn then goes to Albany. Now, we need a fourth 1 seed and that looks like MD in Spokane.

The only way I see it is if Baylor gets the 2 seed ahead of Tenn and gets sited with Notre Dame.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see them make it happen if there is any possible logic or justification for them to do it. It would certainly spice things up and increase TV and regional ticket revenues.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
More likely they're in Spokane now if say they lose SECT final to USCar and MD wins out. No reason not to put them out west now.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just a feeling that Lady Vols are going to win the SEC Tournament and end up as a #1 Seed.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yep, anything can happen over the next few days, which is why it's kind of silly now to be doing a lot of premature speculation over scenarios that may never happen, but I guess it's hard to be patient until everything plays out to really start digging into laying out the possibilities for the selection show.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That would be, in a word, AWESOME! But Tennessee would still need to get past Duke to face UCONN, provided no one lost earlier than that. A tough bracket for them as Oklahoma is no pushover either...

Reaction Score
I don't want them anywhere near me unless it's Storrs, CT to play the Huskies.

mr006

Reaction Score
In terms of national interest, I bet a UConn-Tennessee bracket would get eyes on the tube and butts in seats.

Yeah, but I think the powers that be would rather that it fall so that they aren't in the same bracket... a) they would get even more eyes and drama on a meeting in the semis/nat champ game, and b) that way Tenn has a better chance to get to the FF, by not having us in their way.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So Creme has UTenn back in Albany again for some reason this morning. Not sure what happens if Vols beat GC-ocks and MD wins out, but if UTenn loses they have to be going to Spokane as the top 2 seed. No reason not.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Geographically, Albany is closer than Spokane, and if today's games' higher seeds win, there is the factor that #2's Louisville and FSU could not be with ND, and UTenn couldn't be with USCar as limiters to the options. But if today's results get wilder, the possibilities may change in some fairly major ways.

Reaction Score
Don't worry about us....we'll never even make it to Albany.I doubt we get out of the Sweet 16.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Don't worry about us....we'll never even make it to Albany.I doubt we get out of the Sweet 16.
All joking aside, Tennessee legitimately should be ranked in the 5-8 range and IMHO one of the top 10 teams in the nation. I honestly think it depends on the matchups. I think Tenn would struggle vs. Duke because of their size. Tenn actually has a pretty strong perimeter game but they are small in the post and it shows. But I don't see them struggling in the 1st 2 rounds - unless they put USF as the 7 seed in Tennessee's bracket. USF is much better than most people think...

Reaction Score
Watched the Tenn/SC game today and Tenn doesn't have a prayer if UCONN plays anywhere there normal game. Tenn just can't score enough points.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UTenn deserves a shot at an E8 game against whovever, but in this case Maryland. Send them out west, which is the favorite place for the UConn men's team, and see how they do. If they make it through, then it's again UConn vs. UTenn in an FF game. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom